Start by marking “Crimson Shadows (Crimson, #3)” as Want to Read:
Crimson Shadows (Crimson, #3)

Crimson Shadows (Crimson #3)

A sequel to "Crimson Kiss" and "Crimson Night": decades have passed since Meghann O'Neill fell in love with Simon Baldeva, a vampire who bestowed upon her his gift of immortality and bound her to him with the birth of their two children - one mortal and one a vampire.
Published February 1st 2003 by Pinnacle Books

To ask other readers questions about Crimson Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crimson Shadows

Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasLothaire by Kresley ColeLord of Scoundrels by Loretta ChaseDreaming of You by Lisa KleypasWhitney, My Love by Judith McNaught
Villain as romantic love interests
49th out of 382 books — 688 voters
Lothaire by Kresley ColeDevil in Winter by Lisa KleypasDreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley ColeCrimson Kiss by Trisha BakerEqual Parts by Emma Winters
Villain Gets the Girl
16th out of 145 books — 208 voters

More lists with this book...

Allright, so in some twisted , perverse way , i do love this series. Despite the fact that if simon baldevar was a person , in the real world , he would make charles manson look like a tame choir boy.But obviously , thats the beauty of being a paranormal author , you dont really have to care about pragmatism or the real world when you can create ur own dimensions and planes.
While i never really understood why Meghann , in the first place , put up with Simon for so long. 13 years of physical and
May 27, 2013 Kaza rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2014 Caroline rated it it was amazing
Sorry for those who were "spoiled" because of my review so I decided to edit/hide it and put it under 'spoiler tab' this full of swearing/cussing/cursing and trash talking review of warned my review is FULL of unpleasant words and ranting :D :p :3 (edited on June 17, 2013) ^_^ (view spoiler) ...more
Nov 13, 2009 Notsosweetafterall rated it really liked it
I read this...6 years ago, and I'm obsessed. Worse part is it's the last book of the trilogy! I know how it ends, but I don't damn well knwo hwo it begins. Why? Because I can't buy it ANYWHERE! It exists online but shopping over internet isn't my thing. Anyway, thsi is one of the more recent additions to modern vampire literature, and it is unforgiving. With drama at it's most nerve wrecking, horror that makes you cringe every once in a while and eroticsim that is both tasteful as it is devistat ...more
5+ Stars, A Fitting End to a Wonderful trilogy

Its with a feeling of bittersweet melancholy coursing through me that I write this review and bid farewell to one of the most enthralling paranormal/horror romances that I have read to date. I bid farewell to my most favorite villainous hero Simon Baldevar with a heavy heart and I don't think any hero that I come across afterwards would ever be able to completely surpass what he has made me feel throughout the trilogy.

Crimson Night, book 2 of the C
OMG!!! I really thought that Lord Simon Baldevar was an evil being but Mikal John Khalid Baldevar is an EVIL psycho and the most sadistic thing ever created!!!!! This was a great ending to the Crimson Trilogy and I enjoyed the transformation of Lord Baldevar from sadistic bastard in book one to a less sadistic bastard by book three and all thanks to Maggie!!! Great series!!!
Sunny Wolfe
Aug 25, 2014 Sunny Wolfe rated it it was amazing

Rating: 4.5

Wow, what a ride!!! One of my all-time favorite trilogies.

This book started 17 years after the second book ended. With the twins being grown up and seeing how each of them turned out. Simon and Meghann where apart all this time. Simon being afraid that if he sees Meghann, he could never leave her again. So it is Reunion Time!!!!!!

I loved this book. I know that not everyone did but I think it had something to do with the uncomfortable sexual tortures that are in this book. I don't wan
May 27, 2011 Shelley rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2009 Holly rated it liked it
Shelves: trisha-baker
Crimson Shadows concludes the love story between Simon Baldevar and Meghann O'Neill. It picks up eighteen years after the moment Simon and Meghann separated in order to keep their children safe. He to an isolated Highland island with their vampiric son Mikal and Meghann to New York to raise their human daughter, Elizabeth. Unfortunately Simon can't save their son and Mikal leaves home, going on a murderous rampage. He engages in a cat and mouse game with his parents and delights in taunting his ...more
It's Me - Yvette
The third book in this trilogy wraps up nicely the many highs and lows that Simon and his wife, Meghan, have gone through and experienced. I am so glad that I stumbled on to this series. It is one of the best if you like a darker story that is full of treachery, debauchery and has one of the best villans to ever grace a printed page (or a digital page)! Well done!
Sep 13, 2011 Angela rated it liked it
Overall, this series is a 3.5. The action and suspense element was good, but the ending of the series was a big let down. It had me wondering about the author's experience and thoughts on dysfunctional relationships.
~Charmer~the 1-click addict
I loved this series. Thank u Trisha Baker for a series that I'll never forget.
Apr 07, 2015 Brittany rated it did not like it
spineless twit! why would you stay in an abusive relationship?! she very clearly stated that if he hit her again she would leave him..... they get into a fight while he demeans her by telling her she is a horrible mother and will never see their daughter again and then he proceeds to hit her numerous times breaking her jaw and not even 10 minutes later she is kissing him while professing her love! this series sends the wrong message that it's ok if he mentally emotionally and physically abuses y ...more
Freda Mcdonald
Jul 08, 2011 Freda Mcdonald rated it really liked it
Simon you are so bad.
Oct 23, 2015 Veronica rated it really liked it
Shelves: villains
Warning: this one is NOT for the weak of heart. It was by far the most horrifyingly brutal book I've ever read.

While some parts of this novel did piss me off and make me feel very uncomfortable which I believe were done for the sake of shock/angst value, I loved the ending... It was beautiful and I'm glad that Meghann is much happier now.
Aug 26, 2016 Lois rated it did not like it
DNF. After a very graphic scene that had me visibly gagging, I no longer want to know the rest. This was wild from start to finish and I regret even thinking I could read it to pass time.
Mar 06, 2016 Josephine rated it did not like it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
All hope is gone. Really?!? Staying with an abusive psychopath? Eff this series.
Jul 13, 2010 Omly rated it liked it
Book contains graphic, violence, sexual content, rape, and incest. Definitely not child friendly.

I see this listed as romance several places (and possibly the other books in the series were more so) but this fell in the "contains sexual content in context of a plot" camp more so that what I would call romance. It is also a lot more twisted than I think of for that genre.

Amazing series by Trisha Baker. I dont know why this series is not famous like others. This definitely is different and not duplicate or similar to any other story I've read until now. 4star for unique story but 5 star for entire series.

First 6 chapters were really boring.....that is not exciting at all. But then it just got better and better.
Christine Strowbridge
Jul 14, 2012 Christine Strowbridge rated it really liked it
Hmmmm - attempted rape, incest, sadomasochism, a little necrophilia thrown in - awesome! Excellent book. I wasn't excited over the ending. It ended kind of...blah. But I guess the rest of the book kept my adrenaline running, that the ending was just too sweet. I looved the twist I should have seen coming. That rocked hard.

May 27, 2013 Melanie rated it it was ok
This is more brutal than the past two books. Just when Simon has ended his killing spree and there is a hope of HEA on the block, there is a new kid in town. And to top it off this new soulless creature is their son and he wants to kill his sister, mother and father. Talk about a loving family..Not my favorite of the series
Sami Jackson
Aug 20, 2014 Sami Jackson rated it did not like it
Just not worth it... the series lost any value as soon as the main character flung herself back with the vilian in the last book. It would have been enough to end it there but of course the author didn't.
I love this series soooo freaking much! This is a vampire book and Simon words!
I made this character video for the series, please check it out :)
Apr 22, 2012 Tash rated it really liked it
What can I say... I love this series, I love the way Trisha Baker writes, and I love Simon. I am going to miss reading about him. I really liked how the book ended... it was beautiful!
Jun 28, 2016 Melody rated it liked it
Okay I read the reviews and I don't really want to read this now. Fuck... why must gahhhh ok whatever this is going to be a to read much much later ....
Simon was an ass but in this one he cames less of an ass with the way he treats Meghann. Not saying all is forgiven but it was good.
Jessa Alonge
Jul 17, 2016 Jessa Alonge rated it it was amazing
I had pretty much forgot almost everything in this book so I had a few OH EM GEE moments! Love it!!
Jan 01, 2012 Montanasmith rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
Can't believe I looked and looked for this book. What a let down in a triology ending novel. : (
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Don't Look Back
  • Soul Survivor (Lost Worlds, #1)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • The Seduction of Samantha Kincade (Dangerous Men, #1)
  • Lost Wages of Sin (Sinners and Saints, #1)
  • Rush of Darkness (Primal Instinct, #7)
  • River of Eden
  • Now You See Him...
  • Her Last Chance (Her, #2)
  • Falling Hard
  • Skin Heat (Skin, #3)
  • Nightfall
  • Cullen's Bride
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
  • Catch Me
  • Run from Fear (Dead Wrong, #3)
  • Breaking The Rules
from Amazon

The best word to describe Trisha Baker is....Gypsy. I've flirted with every occupation from Special Education teacher to exotic dancer. My itchy feet have taken me to Las Vegas, Boston, Savannah, Amsterdam, Prague, and Budapest. I even lived in Sighiosora, Transylvania for a month when my backpacker funds ran low; earning my way by making beds in a hostel and serving boatload
More about Trisha Baker...

Crimson (3 books)
  • Crimson Kiss (Crimson, #1)
  • Crimson Night (Crimson #2)