Start by marking “Bottersnikes And Gumbles” as Want to Read:
Bottersnikes And Gumbles

Bottersnikes And Gumbles (Bottersnikes and Gumbles #1)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Deep in the Australian bush live some comic animals, the rude, stupid Bottersnikes who are much too lazy to work, and the quick-witted perky little Gumbles, who are determined not to be servants in the Bottersnikes' rubbish-dump home.
Published January 25th 1973 by Penguin Books Ltd (first published 1967)

To ask other readers questions about Bottersnikes And Gumbles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bottersnikes And Gumbles

Harriet Moar-smith
I cannot BELIEVE this is on here. I had started to wonder if I owned the last remaining copy on the earth because it's out of print and I randomly found it in a charity shop for 50p and fell in love with it and then I found that NO-ONE else had read it and asking people if they had read it made me sound insane. This book is so nice with these fantastic made up creatures that contrast in every way possible. It just makes me happy to read it
Vicki
Aww, remember The Puffin Club, readers of a certain age?

I used to wait with baited breath for the next issue (once a term I think, when one of my teachers would get a copy from another teacher friend... rationed by cash and good old fashioned "you can't have all of them" training by my parents (yes folks, kids DIDN'T get everything they wanted in the late 70's/80s), I was allowed one book an issue... After my beloved moomins, this was one of my hunkered for yet never attained choices.

I happened
Rach
I remember this book being read to my class when I was in primary school. I loved it and still have such vivid images in my head from that reading. I felt such a rush of excitement when I found it on the bookshelf of my library recently and couldn't wait to share it with a year2/3 class I have once a week. Suffice to say, they loved it so much they want me to track down the other stories in this series and read them. Win!
Sally
I cant believe this is here! I love these books! Well I must admit I haven't read them since I was small but they have a place in my heart and are still tucked away on a shelf awaiting my children!
Trak
I loved these books and I still do. Great little Australian series with a wonderful environmental message hidden in there. I wish someone would make the books into a film.
Darkpool (protesting GR censorship)
Aug 05, 2007 Darkpool (protesting GR censorship) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who has an inner child
An Aussie classic which I have treasured. Has loads of little 'language' jokes in, which I loved as a youngster. A really cute book.
Jo
A favourite book from my childhood. If only I could get hold of a copy today......
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Leeann
Leeann marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Sam
Sam added it
Jan 01, 2015
Tracey Bellamy
Tracey Bellamy marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Craig Edwards
Craig Edwards marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Bottersnikes and Gumbles (3 books)
  • Gumbles on Guard
  • Gumbles In Summer
The Complete Adventures Of Bottersnikes And Gumbles Gumbles on Guard Gumbles In Summer Captain Deadlight's Treasure