Start by marking “Bottersnikes And Gumbles” as Want to Read:
Bottersnikes And Gumbles

Bottersnikes And Gumbles (Bottersnikes and Gumbles #1)

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  122 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Deep in the Australian bush live some comic animals, the rude, stupid Bottersnikes who are much too lazy to work, and the quick-witted perky little Gumbles, who are determined not to be servants in the Bottersnikes' rubbish-dump home.
Published January 25th 1973 by Penguin Books Ltd (first published 1967)

To ask other readers questions about Bottersnikes And Gumbles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bottersnikes And Gumbles

Rosie
Mar 04, 2016 Rosie rated it it was amazing
This is a book that one of my Primary School teachers used to read to us when I was really young and it's actually a really rare book.

I was overjoyed to find it in a charity shop for 15.

It was so nostalgic to read and is such a cute story for kids. So glad I picked up a copy to read to my 4 month old nephew and keep for my future kids too!
Harriet Moar-smith
I cannot BELIEVE this is on here. I had started to wonder if I owned the last remaining copy on the earth because it's out of print and I randomly found it in a charity shop for 50p and fell in love with it and then I found that NO-ONE else had read it and asking people if they had read it made me sound insane. This book is so nice with these fantastic made up creatures that contrast in every way possible. It just makes me happy to read it
Vicki
Feb 05, 2014 Vicki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aww, remember The Puffin Club, readers of a certain age?

I used to wait with baited breath for the next issue (once a term I think, when one of my teachers would get a copy from another teacher friend... rationed by cash and good old fashioned "you can't have all of them" training by my parents (yes folks, kids DIDN'T get everything they wanted in the late 70's/80s), I was allowed one book an issue... After my beloved moomins, this was one of my hunkered for yet never attained choices.

I happened
Rach
Jun 10, 2013 Rach rated it it was amazing
I remember this book being read to my class when I was in primary school. I loved it and still have such vivid images in my head from that reading. I felt such a rush of excitement when I found it on the bookshelf of my library recently and couldn't wait to share it with a year2/3 class I have once a week. Suffice to say, they loved it so much they want me to track down the other stories in this series and read them. Win!
Sally
Jul 24, 2011 Sally rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-childhood, aussie
I cant believe this is here! I love these books! Well I must admit I haven't read them since I was small but they have a place in my heart and are still tucked away on a shelf awaiting my children!
Tracey
Apr 26, 2009 Tracey rated it it was amazing
I loved these books and I still do. Great little Australian series with a wonderful environmental message hidden in there. I wish someone would make the books into a film.
Darkpool (protesting GR censorship)
Aug 05, 2007 Darkpool (protesting GR censorship) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who has an inner child
An Aussie classic which I have treasured. Has loads of little 'language' jokes in, which I loved as a youngster. A really cute book.
Jo
Sep 16, 2011 Jo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
A favourite book from my childhood. If only I could get hold of a copy today......
Mona
Mona rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Tahlia
Tahlia added it
Apr 26, 2016
Colette McNally
Colette McNally rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Jaq
Jaq is currently reading it
Apr 11, 2016
Richard Hing
Richard Hing rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Sarah added it
Mar 12, 2016
Jemma Humphreys
Jemma Humphreys rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Di
Di rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Samantha Wright
Samantha Wright marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2016
Karen Davies
Karen Davies rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Lapsus Linguae
Lapsus Linguae rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
Stephen Holmberg
Stephen Holmberg rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Nick Mellish
Nick Mellish rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Ellsworth
Ellsworth rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2015
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Bottersnikes and Gumbles (3 books)
  • Gumbles on Guard