Start by marking “The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)

The Grail King (Druids of Avalon #2)

All who dwell in Avalon possess the powers of the Old Ones. But only some are keepers of the Light. One among them has dared to call upon the Deep Magic, conjuring up a dark storm that bodes ill for the people of Britannia...

Mass Market Paperback, 326 pages
Published August 1st 2006 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about The Grail King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grail King

Kelley
Jan 21, 2010 Kelley rated it it was amazing
Courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques

With The Grail King, Joy Nash once again writes a beautiful story of ancient Scotland and the people who populate this enchanted, mystical land.

In this first story in the Druids of Avalon series, readers again meet Owein, younger brother of Rhiannon, the heroine of Celtic Fire. Now he is all grown up, and about to encounter his own destiny…

Owein is blessed, or cursed, depending on how you look at it, with the abilities of a Seer. His latest vision is of a youn
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
If you are a fan of legends of the Holy Grail and also of Celtic lore, then you will undoubtedly enjoy this book. The hero of The Grail King was first introduced in Ms. Nash's previous novel, Celtic Fire, as a young man. For those of you that have read that book, you will enjoy seeing Owein's return in this novel. If you haven't read Celtic Fire, not to worry, this is a stand alone book and you will get to know (and love) Owein quite well throughout the course of this tale. The author begins our ...more
John Lawson
Oh my, I was looking for some historical fiction, and instead, I stumbled into an Iron Age bodice-ripper.

He's a savage, barbarian holy-man. Young, strong, skilled, and yet still innocent enough to blush at the sight of a bared thigh.

She's a beautiful, even younger, Roman aristocrat. Proud, spoiled, used to the good things in life, she's still willing to bat her eyelashes to get what she wants.

First thing he did when he met her is take off all her clothes, so at least got to see her ya-yas. I'll
Monica
Dec 22, 2010 Monica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I found this a very satisfying paranormal historical fantasy. I enjoyed it a lot. Ms. Nash hooks the readers in about 5 pages and doesn't stop delivering awesome-ness at all. I immediately went and ordered the first book in this series, Celtic Fire, which I believe features Owein's sister, but that is my guess, I haven't looked into it more. I adored Owein, he is hot, powerful, kind, and a deeply scared man who didn't let the bad in his world change him when it could have most people.

I love the
Kate
Mar 01, 2015 Kate rated it liked it

The vision came upon him suddenly: a delicate Roman beauty materializing out of the swirling whiteness of the snow. Her appearance near his ruined Celtic village makes no sense, but when the trance leaves him, she remains, demanding that he use his Sight to help her find a
Renee
Jul 23, 2011 Renee rated it it was amazing
I judged this book in a published-author contest a few years' ago (have my autographed copy!) and this is now one of my favorite books IN LIFE! Reluctant Druidic Celtic hero, beautiful runaway Roman heroine, the mystical Avalon. GREAT conflict. Wonderful secondary characters. I love how well-fleshed-out the characters are - there is no black and white, all manners of shades of gray. hard choices and true consequences. The power of a compromise.

READ THIS BOOK! I recommend it to everyone!
Gaylene A Cornell
Excellent reading

The characters personalities come to life on the pages of Joy Nash's tale of magic and love. I felt like I was or had been there.
While the writing was exciting and vivid, Kindle had quite a few misspellings. The story far outweighed the misspelled words. Highly recommended, but I'd read Celtic Fire first. Both books can stand alone, but I knew more of the history by reading Celtic Fire first.
Kristi Vazquez
Jul 05, 2016 Kristi Vazquez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun summer read

This book was much better than the first in the series. The plot and dialogue moved at a quick pace and the descriptive passages made it feel as if you were truly in the action.
Robert Noll
Dec 28, 2014 Robert Noll rated it really liked it
This was more entertaining than I expected. I can't wait for Valgus to show up in the next book. I want a Cormac origin story.
E. R.
May 21, 2010 E. R. rated it liked it
Due to time constraint, I had decided to skim through the book. I did like it.
Sandra DiMaio-Leach
Sandra DiMaio-Leach rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2017
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
Judi Fennell
Judi Fennell rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2009
Visionary
Visionary rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2012
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
May 08, 2008
Valerie Burson
Valerie Burson rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Jacquita
Jacquita rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2013
Meagan
Meagan rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2010
Jozy Brown
Jozy Brown rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2017
Nicole
Nicole rated it did not like it
Mar 07, 2012
Jennifer rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Chet
Chet rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Deanna
Deanna rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2013
Maya
Maya rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Erin Quinn
Erin Quinn rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2008
Tiziana Tyrone dark
Tiziana Tyrone dark rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Amie
Amie rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2015
Melanie Price
Melanie Price rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • The Cheating Curve
  • Frontier Courtship
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Ambushed! (McCalls' Montana #3)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #1)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • To Catch a Cheat
  • Too Wicked To Kiss (Scoundrels & Secrets, #1)
  • Dark Dreamer (Dark Vista, #1)
  • To Tempt a Saint (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Darkest Touch (Demon Hunters, #3)
  • Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #8)
  • The Captive
  • Destined to Last (Providence, #4)
Joy Nash is a USA Today Bestselling Author and RITA Award Finalist applauded by Booklist for her "tart wit, superbly crafted characters, and sexy, magic-steeped plots." Joy, best known for the Druids of Avalon and Immortals series, writes romantic fiction in historical, contemporary, and alternate-reality settings. Her newest series is the apocalyptic fantasy The Nephilim: Demons Among Us.

Joy once
More about Joy Nash...

Druids of Avalon (4 books)
  • Celtic Fire (Druids of Avalon, #1)
  • Deep Magic (Druids of Avalon, #3)
  • Silver Silence (Druids of Avalon, #4)