Hiking the Wasatch: Revised Edition

Hiking the Wasatch: Revised Edition

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Few places offer the hiking opportunities available right here in the Wasatch. Hundreds of miles of trails and three Wilderness Areas are within a few minutes’ drive of Salt Lake City. John Veranth has hiked all these trails and has written a comprehensive guidebook with hiking suggestions arranged by season and difficulty.

Beginners will find detailed descriptions of easy...more
Published May 10th 1999 by University of Utah Press (first published June 1988)

Mike T
Great book on trails in Utah, specialized in Salt Lake County great description and trail reviews along with helpful advice.
Andy
It's be nice if he updated this but still the trail descriptions/maps/photos are incredibly helpful. I've gone on many a hike with a photocopies page of this one in my pocket.
Shane
Informative, if a bit lacking in personality. I'd recommend this book to those interested in the subject matter.
Jennifer Johnson
This guide served me well at the beginning of my love affair with the Wasatch Front.
Rachael
One day I will have every hike marked with a big red check.
Michelle Holland
Michelle Holland marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Angela Gaskell
Angela Gaskell marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Robert Freeze
Robert Freeze marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
Kelly Mckinney
Kelly Mckinney marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
Deedee
Deedee is currently reading it
Jun 07, 2012
Vicki Carter
Vicki Carter marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2011
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2011
Ryan
Ryan added it
Mar 12, 2011
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2009
High Uinta Trails Wasatch Winter Trails Wasatch Winter Trails: Beginner And Intermediate Ski And Snowshoe Tours In The Wasatch And Uinta Mountains High Uinta trails: A hiking and backpacking guide to the High Uintas Wilderness and surrounding areas