Start by marking “Rules of War (Rules of War, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rules of War (Rules of War, #1)

Rules of War (Rules of War #1)

Can her greatest fear become her sweetest desire?

Emma Conrad's worst nightmare is realized when a bomb strikes her building and she awakens to discover she's been taken captive by a Free Island enemy soldier. Tensions and passions rise as she rebels against the man who has claimed her as his wife, whisking her away to a settlement in the mountains.

Unit Commander John Rous
Published December 31st 2012 by Lazy Day Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rules of War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rules of War

Sorority Pledge 1 by Daizie DraperPlayful Punishments by John SatisfyUnexpected Consequences by Cara BristolBound for Passion by Scarlett FlameTraditional Love by Alta Hensley
Best Spanking Fiction
20th out of 362 books — 221 voters
Alicia's Possession by Colette L. SaucierThe Good Boy by Lisa HenrySafe in His Arms by Renee RoseBody Politics by Cara BristolRules of War by Sue Lyndon
The Best of Domestic Discipline (DD) 2013
5th out of 78 books — 68 voters

More lists with this book...

Saunders
Feb 19, 2013 Saunders rated it liked it
Downloaded this in error and I actually read it. Big mistake!

Incorrectly thought I was going to read a war story (yeah I did) instead I read one of “those books” again. One day I would love to read a story about a woman who stands her ground and tells her adoring husband “yeah spank me and see what happens”

We have a take on a different type of war. Anarchy reigns and America is at war with Free Enemy soldiers. When the USA began seizing Free Island citizens who were visiting friends and family
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Since I love dystopian books this one was right up my alley. The fact it is set in my backyard (practically) is even better. Although I do have to say I had a moment's pause in the beginning when the words "Downtown", "Baltimore", and "Safe Haven" were used in the same sentence. I have a, err, slightly different view point of downtown Baltimore - much better than it was, some areas are great, but I'm not sure safe haven applies LOL.

Anyway I loved Emma and John although Emma gave in way too quick
KatieV
Most of these books are too short (as is this one) thus I can't give 5 stars. However, I did enjoy this one a lot. The sex was hot and the H was dominant without being sadistic.

***Warning - there is a rather explicit anal scene. If you're not into that, you may be turned off. I thought it was pretty hot and intense myself
Chloe Thurlow
Jan 11, 2013 Chloe Thurlow rated it it was amazing
Barbary Coast pirates up until the year 1800 raided the Spanish coast to rob wine, supplies and women, who became sex slaves to the brigands in North Africa. In some of those villages, the elders did deals where, instead of leaving the pirates to randomly rape and pillage, provided both rations and two young women. Life was cruel, hard, unerringly dull, and I always imagined that had I been given the choice I would have sailed away with a swashbuckling corsair rather than staying behind with ...more
Jen
Jan 03, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
Sue Lyndon is on my "Read ASAP" list, and Rules of War is a perfect example as to why: pure escapism in an entertaining adventure. It's fairly difficult for a novella to earn a five-star rating in my mind, but Sue's latest release has done just that. While there were a few instances where I would have liked more supporting details than were provided, the primary relationship between John and Emma was developed perfectly and the details I questioned were really negligible against my overall ...more
Cara Bristol
Jan 29, 2013 Cara Bristol rated it it was amazing
When society falls into disarray after battles between the Free Islanders and the Americans, the Free Islanders find the most expedient way to get a wife is to kidnap one. And to keep them in line, they spank them.

When Emma is rescued/kidnapped by John, that's exactly what happens. Outraged by his intentions at first, she quickly falls in love with her captor/husband.

I enjoyed this book, particularly the set-up of the idea and the chemistry between the two main characters. It was a fun, quick re
Patricia Green
Apr 10, 2013 Patricia Green rated it it was amazing
Sue Lyndon really heats up the pages in this well-written dystopian tale about a war-torn America that has to come to grips with stronger, more cohesive island people they've wronged. The characters are compelling, as is the setting. I enjoyed the plot trajectory. It was so good that I was sorry to see it end! I'm very much looking forward to Sue's next book. This one is a keeper.
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Apr 19, 2013 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it really liked it
This short capture/spanking book is set in a post apocalyptic world. The author had an interesting concept of how the USA fell. The book had the perfect blend of all the elements of a DD relationship set in a futuristic world. Would have loved for this to have been a full length novel.
Timeforme
Main Characters:
Emma Conrad - A woman living alone and trying to survive the end of a war on American soil
Unit Commander John Rousseau - The Free Island man who captures Emma and makes her his wife

Synopsis:
Emma is hiding in her apartment trying to survive as the war between America and the Free Islands slowly ends. Her building is bombed and she makes it outside only to be buried in rubble. John sees this happen, rescues her and then takes her to the Free Island compound to become his wife. The
Natasha Knight
Feb 27, 2013 Natasha Knight rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Sue Lyndon and I didn't know what to expect as far as the setting and how the DD was going to work. I have to say, I liked it. I liked John right from the start and Emma as well. I think the way she reacted to him was natural - a bit of fear but also an attraction. I liked how John introduced her to his lifestyle without hesitation (but I really like a strong male lead from start to finish). And I loved the spanking scenes.
Camryn Lynn
Dec 29, 2014 Camryn Lynn rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this read.

It was a change from the zombie/killer virus/end-of-the-world kick I've been on recently, but a nice one. I'm a pretty strong woman and while I enjoy a heroine who can kick some ass, there's nothing wrong with a little submission every now and then. The sex scenes were hot, and even though I felt like the main character gave in just a little too easy, it fit the theme of the book.

Would read more in this series for sure.
Janet Juengling-Snell
Apr 24, 2013 Janet Juengling-Snell rated it really liked it
I love watching any kind of post-apocalyptic movie, but have never read a Book with that theme, till Rules of War by Sue Lyndon.

All I can say is WOW!!! I love this book.. The characters were well developed and the story didn’t feel rushed.

My only complaint would be that I wanted it to be longer, I loved the futuristic world that Sue Lyndon created.
Melinda
Apr 18, 2013 Melinda rated it liked it
I would love to rank this one higher, but thought it moved a bit too fast. The heroine moves from total distrust to suddenly accepting her place. I did like the patience of the hero. All-n-all an enjoyable read and one I will most likely read again. I just wish it had been a bit longer.
Paloma Beck
Mar 04, 2013 Paloma Beck rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Despite being short, the story was tightly-woven and the characters likable. A great afternoon read.
Steph
May 24, 2013 Steph rated it it was ok
The story was too fast and short. I feel that it lacks plot but I guess it was an ok read. I loved the character of John but I just wished the author could have developed the plot more.
Rebecca
Apr 06, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Really good story but way too short. I would have loved to have seen the story expanded so much more.
ERICA KING
ERICA KING rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2015
Glen K Laslett
Glen K Laslett rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2015
Georgina
Georgina rated it did not like it
Sep 14, 2016
Goobert
Goobert rated it did not like it
May 09, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
May 10, 2014
Lee mcduffie
Lee mcduffie rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Syk
Syk rated it did not like it
Nov 19, 2016
Scottlyn
Scottlyn rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2013
Lee Mcduffie
Lee Mcduffie rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Sasha
Sasha rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2014
KSP
KSP rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Caroline
Caroline rated it it was ok
Jul 21, 2014
Alta Hensley
Alta Hensley rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Body Politics (Rod and Cane Society, #3)
  • Naia and the Professor
  • The Westerfield Affair (Westerfield, #1)
  • The Mountain Man
  • Traditional Terms
  • Desire in Any Language
  • The Unrequited Dom
  • Maintenance Night
  • Hold My Hand (Heart & Soul, #1)
USA TODAY bestselling author Sue Lyndon writes naughty spanking romances in a variety of genres, from contemporary to historical to fantasy. She's a #1 Amazon bestseller in multiple categories, including BDSM Erotica and Sci-Fi Erotica. She also writes non-bdsm sci-fi romance under the name Sue Mercury. When she's not busy working on her next book, you'll find her hanging out with her family, ...more
More about Sue Lyndon...

Rules of War (2 books)
  • Rules of Command (Rules of War, #2)