His Unexpected Family

His Unexpected Family

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Sometimes you have to take the leap... again. Newly widowed with a new baby, Ren Jamieson is putting her life back together after her thrill-seeking husband's death. But when she's called to show a high-end property to a prospective client-a commission she desperately needs-she meets a man who makes her pulse pound like nothing she's ever known... Cole Matthews is more tha...more
Published July 7th 2012 by Entangled: Indulgence

To ask other readers questions about His Unexpected Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Unexpected Family

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
His Unexpected Family is one of those books that will stay with you long after you have finished reading it. Once I started reading I could not out it down. I laughed and I cried and in the end when it was over it left me feeling like I was right there with Ren and Cole.

Ren is newly widowed from her husband with a new born and struggling to make sense of what happened to her husband. Her husband was a thrill seeker and adrenaline junky who lived for the next thrill that got him high. In having t...more
Fiona Marsden
This is a lovely romance about second chances and new starts from debut author Robyn Thomas. Set just outside Melbourne, Australia and in Melbourne itself, the story is about young widow and new mother Renata, Ren, and her husbands friend and adventure seeking colleague Cole. Cole comes looking for Ren to help deal with his guilt over the death of Danny, who died on a climb Cole arrived too late to join. Cole's brother Nate died at the same time causing alienation with his family.

The instant att...more
Melissa Maxwell
This book was an unexpected delight. I bought this book because Entangled published it in its Indulgence series and I loved many books in that series so that when another comes out I just buy it. It was on my kindle for a few weeks and i finally relented to reading it and how happy I was to. This book blew my expectations out of the water. This book is about widower Ren and her daughter Char who's husband was killed on one of his adventures and leaves them with piles of bills. Cole was supposed...more
Jennifer (random jendsmit)
full review on random jendsmit

In a nut shell:
good story | very touching | LOVE the ending | super sweet | full of ups and downs

Details:
So in keeping with my recent style of reviewing – this is going to be short and sweet.
I love the characters in this book – I love their dynamic and the chemistry. I love the angle on this story. How are you supposed to move on and rebuild your life after you lose your husband without him even knowing you were preggers?! That right there made me want to cry!

I t...more
Melissa
When i first started the book it took me a while to get into it. i will say that books covers like a two week mark and that is a little short for falling madly in love but who's to say its not...

I really enjoyed the book for over 300 pages it was a nice read i will be getting more of her books and soon.
Bernie
Expect the Unexpected...As I started reading this romance novel I was drawn in by the characters, their lives, surroundings, bringing a smile to my face and a tear to my eye. A wonderful book and I look forward to reading the next one.
Moran
I found His Unexpected Family to be very boring.

I didn't like the hero or the heroine and I didn't feel any chemistry between them.

The story wasn't romantic at all and I just didn't enjoy reading it.

Ann
I'm utterly biased toward this book, as I edited it. Funny, sensual, emotional, lovely contemporary romance.

Not putting any stars. Adding it to my list for my yearly book count.
Angela
cute quick read. i have loved all books from entangled publishing.
Deanna
Really liked this one. Loved Cole and Ren. Great read.
Julia Broadbooks
Really sweet romance with a strong heroine.
Kayleigh {K-Books}
His Unexpected Family Review on K-Books

"When I'm with you I feel like I'm soaring to new heights."

As soon as I heard of this book I instantly wanted to read it. I have read and reviewed a lot of Entangled's Indulgence books and have loved so many of them. Entangled is one of my all time favourite publishers so was really expecting to love this book. This one kind of fell a bit short for me and didn't enjoy it quite as much as others in this Entangled line.

Ren is doing her best to get her life b...more
Cocktails and Books
Cole Matthews, extreme sport filmmaker, thought he lost is all when his brother and best friend died in an avalanche. He vows he's going to become a better person and put all his millions to work helping make up for his mistake by not being with his brother or Danny when they died. His first order of business is to find a place to live while he searches for Danny's widow. Unknowingly, his realtor has an in to get him in contact with her.

Ren agreed to help her old boss show a wealthy hotshot some...more
Michelle
A new to me author, it was ok.
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
It was an Ok read. The story was good but I found lots of the books confusing on here and now and did he or did he not know who she was. The kinks get worked out in the end with the ending being good but it was not one of my favorites but the bonus is of you are looking for a quick read with a love story then this would be fine for all then.
Carissa
I had to call this one quits about a third of the way through. It was just not doing anything for me! The style was a little bit too choppy and the characters just didn't make any sense. Definitely not a read I enjoyed
Netty
It's obviously me! I just didn't like it!
Judi S
Judi S is currently reading it
Sep 08, 2014
Rw
Rw marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
La Kaouthar
La Kaouthar marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Rhiannon Matthias
Rhiannon Matthias marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Josefina
Josefina marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Emily (Mrs B's Books) marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Romance and fairytales are the best ingredients to work with because they go with absolutely everything. Inspiration for new recipes is everywhere I look.

I remember making the decision to write my first book, but since then writing has become more of a compulsion than a choice. It’s less about having complete silence, a gorgeous work space, a free hour or two, and a steaming hot coffee, and more a...more
More about Robyn Thomas...
Famously Engaged