Start by marking “Her Forgotten Betrayal” as Want to Read:
Her Forgotten Betrayal

Her Forgotten Betrayal

Haunted by her memories… or something else?

The isolated house on High Lake Mountain should have been safe. But for Shaw Cassidy – robbed of her memory after a brutal assault – even shadows seem threatening. Haunted by nightmares and the sounds of "ghosts", she can’t tell if she’s lost her memory or her mind. But then a gun goes off in the night, and she realizes she’s not
Published June 1st 2012 by Entangled: Ignite

To ask other readers questions about Her Forgotten Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Forgotten Betrayal

♥Rachel♥
3.5 Stars

“I’ve missed you. I never should have left, no matter what he said. How could I have left you?”

These are the kind of words I want to read with any second chance romance. But Shattered Witness was more than a second chance at love, it was a suspenseful mystery full of danger and excitement.

Heiress and CEO Shaw Cassidy is on the mend after a brutal attack left her without any memory. To help in her recuperation and hopefully to gain back her memory, she’s holed up at her family’s mansion
Shelley
3.5 Stars

ARC generously provided by publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

A brutal assault leaves high-powered CEO Shaw Cassidy’s memory shattered. Her isolated estate on High Lake Mountain should be her haven, but nightmares and eerie shadows threaten her sanity. A shot in the night sends her running from the creaking Victorian into the arms of a stranger she instinctively trusts. But is he her hero, or her downfall?

Time is running out for special agent Cole Marinos. His unde
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
I am so excited to be a part of The Dead Sexy Tour from Entangled. I have said this before but I will say it again Entangled has some GREAT authors on this tour and the books are quick reads that leave you breathless and wanting more. Who can resist a man in uniform? Her Forgotten Betrayal starts off with Shaw recovering from a shooting in a remote place. She has lost her memories and she has been ordered to lay low until they find out who did this to her. Then enters Cole the gorgeous FBI agent ...more
Heather
This is the first book I have read by DeStefano and I have to say I have mixed feelings about the book. First of all, I loved the premise of the book with the heroine not only having amnesia but also that she was both the suspect and the victim. Plus the villain that was actually successful in his tormenting because of the way the authorities were treating Shaw as the criminal instead of as the victim. Even though I was able to determine the identity of the villain very early on in the book, it ...more
MBR
Previously published under the name of Her Forgotten Betrayal, Shattered Witness by Anna DeStefano is a standalone romantic suspense of the contemporary genre. Shaw Cassidy, CEO of Cassidy Global Research wakes up at the hospital, suffering from amnesia after a terrible assault on her at her office premises. Three weeks later, Shaw finds herself living atop High Lake Mountain, trying to summon her elusive memories through rest and recuperation.

FBI Special Agent Cole Marinos insinuates himself in
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rhayne's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4 Stars

Rapid pace, high intensity, vast suspense, is what you get in this guaranteed page turner. Her forgotten Betrayal focuses on the lives of two former lovers who have to learn to trust one another after 15 years of simmering betrayal. From the first scene in the first chapter each page is smothered with powerful drama and mind boggling mystery.

Shaw is the CEO of Cassidy Global Research, who specializes in providing the government with top-secret tec
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

Why should you read Her Forgotten Betrayal? Well firstly it has a rekindled steamy romance, it also has a suspense filled story line, and did I mention the steamy romance? This is the kind of book that is very easy to finish in one sitting. Shaw and Cole are great characters and you will easily become invested in their story.

From the moment I picked up Her Forgotten Betrayal, I knew I was going to enjoy it. I am a sucker for romance, especially the
Pixie
Jun 23, 2012 Pixie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Entangled Publishing for providing a copy to read/review in return of my honest opinion.

You can now find my review and interview with author Anna DeStefano on the blog: http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.com/20...

Her Forgotten Betrayal immediately starts with the action and that’s what I like. The story pulls you right in and it’s entertaining from the beginning with page-turning scenes and an interesting idea. This wasn’t cheesy romance, or even something I’d consider “too naughty”. Ju
Lexie
Jun 21, 2012 Lexie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prelim Review: Part of the new 'Dead Sexy' line of books from Entangled, HER FORGOTTEN BETRAYAL caught my eye because DeStefano previously wrote another book I enjoyed (DARK LEGACY) and Entangled by in large doesn't let me down in terms of writing or content.

To get the bad out of the way, I guessed who the mysterious stalker was pretty quickly. This isn't a fault on DeStefano's part, but more because this is a very 'closed room' sort of book. After the opening scene at her office and then the ho
Lhenry
I think I really liked this one because I really liked the hero, Cole. He was smart, patient, loyal, a creative problem solver. I also like how the plot was revealed in 2 ways through Cole and Shaw talking things out, including their history and some flashbacks and through action like bullet shots, chases through the woods, explosions,etc. Oh yeah there was a heroine, named for some strange reason "Shaw" She is the amnesia victim in this one, and hopefully due to her amnesia behaves like a hyste ...more
Meredith
Reading this book gave me mixed feelings. While I love both romance and mystery/suspense combined, I felt the plot of this story was just a little too predictable. It's your typical girl gets hurt, develops amnesia and someone is after her. Then her night in shining armor (childhood boyfriend) comes back, and she slowly starts to remember him. Then they realize they have feelings for each other (after all of this time, of course!), but in the meantime someone is after both of them now! It really ...more
Rhayne
This book moves along swiftly, it is full of action and anticipation. There are a lot of ups and downs. The story focuses mostly on trying to find out who is responsible for the acts against the company and Shaw. There is an underlying plot between Cole and Shaw that follows them as they move on from the past betrayal and focus on trusting, forgiving, and loving again.

Complete Review also posted here: http://www.guiltypleasuresbookreviews...
Talk Supe
Full review at Talk Supe

HER FORGOTTEN BETRAYAL has a lot of potential for intrigue and double crossing espionage not to mention all that heat and unfinished business between Cole and Shaw to go beyond 300 pages. I guess it's for my own selfish reasons that I am looking for more because I truly love the plot and I wanted more page time with Cole and Shaw outside the case. Here's to hoping that I'll get my wish on ADeStefano's next book because I sure could use more of her brand of Dead Sexy.
Incy Black
Jun 21, 2012 Incy Black rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The baddie in this story(vague to avoid spoiler)together with the taut build up of the sinister, provided one of those reads after which you have to sleep with the light on.

Shaw and Cole share an interesting, convincing dynamic with Cole playing a reluctant but can't-help-himself hero. Shaw has more strength than we are originally led to believe and Ms DeStefano writes in a way that demands the reader invest and start rooting loudly for these two.

Go read!
Rlreader
Nov 15, 2014 Rlreader rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this book but found it so unbelievable at times that it became annoying. The author has great characters and the story line had so much potential but fell short and felt rushed. Yes, we romantic readers want our swoon moments but when these characters meet (after that awesome well written intro) your only thought is.... "I don't think so!" Sorry, this one wasn't for me.
Karla(Book Addict)
Jul 13, 2012 Karla(Book Addict) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic
deleting reviews if you want to take a look at them you can do so on my blog, link on my profile
Sade
Shattered Witness well written, with two strong lead characters. Though the suspense is minimal and takes a back seat to the romance, it was pretty good story.
Diane Pope
May 11, 2017 Diane Pope rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an Awesome book. I was in suspense the whole time I was reading it. I knew who was stalking her but I needed to know how it would end. Thanks for the good read. I can breath again.
Laura Greenwood
Mar 11, 2017 Laura Greenwood rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017hw
This was a good read, I enjoyed fitting all the pieces together. I really felt for everything poor Shaw had been through, and thought that the romantic element of the story was done well.
Zita
Nov 17, 2014 Zita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The mind is a tricky thing…

How would you feel if you woke up one morning with no memory of who you are or of the life you’ve lived? Only knowing what the authorities have told her of her life after suffering the graze of a bullet to her temple Shaw Cassidy is totally confused, lost and alone. Spooked one night she runs out in the darkness straight to a man she once knew, a stranger to her now but one that feels right. But can she trust this man or is he the one she needs to run from? There is de
Dolce Amore
Jul 31, 2012 Dolce Amore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved-it, arc, tour
Reviewed for Booked Up

To See Review at Booked Up

When Shaw Cassidy discovers that someone is secretly logging into her multinational corporation’s sealed files and information across the company intranet, she tries to find out who did it; and her investigation winds up with her being shot by one of the men involved. Although the wound isn't life threatening, the trauma of recognizing the man brings on amnesia … he is supposed to be dead!

Chief Inspector Dawson tells her that he believe her shooti
Julie G
Oct 26, 2012 Julie G rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This is my second book from Entangled Publishing's Deep Sexy imprint. I think they've got a winner in this electronic line of thriller/mystery romances.

Shaw Cassidy is hiding in a closet, listening to a heated argument on the other side of the door. Something is going on with her multi-national company, and Shaw is determined to get to the bottom of it. But, when a cramp seizes her leg, causing it to bang against the door, she is found.

And as her mind refuses to believe her eyes, she is shot by
A Reader's Heaven

Time is running out for special agent Cole Marinos. His undercover
Lisa
Feb 25, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free from Net Galley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I just found out that this book was originally printed under the title HER FORGOTTEN BETRAYAL, and most of the reviews I read were for that book. The note on the summary also says that it has had editorial revisions. I am not sure what that means, but I think the new title fits the book better than the original one.

Shawn Cassidy and Cole Meridos grew up together and fell in love. Unfortunately due to lot
My Book Addiction and More MBA
Her Forgotten Betrayal is a strong, if not perfect, romantic suspense story. Shaw is the head of a multinational corporation – one that deals with the U.S. military. Unbeknownst to her, she is also the chief suspect in a secret selling case. While she has figured out that someone is selling those secrets, she doesn’t know who and has set out to try and find out. Unfortunately for her, she’s been discovered and after being shot has no memory. Shaw is sent to her old family home to recover, regain ...more
Cristal (Professional Book Procrastinator)
Review found at The Life & Times of a Book Addict.

Rating 2.5-3 out of 5.

The beginning of the story started off strong and grabbed my attention. I am a sucker for amnesia stories with strong characters. Throw in some romance and a good amount of suspense and I am sold.

Cassidy Shaw has had a difficult life. She is the only living member of her family. But she is tough. A fighter. And she runs/owns a successful company that was left to her by her father. Her life changes dramatically when she
Alima Livzletlivz
Nov 10, 2014 Alima Livzletlivz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anna DeStefano is a first time read for me and Shattered Witness sure drew me into the story and the lives of Shaw Cassidy and Cole Marinos.

Rich and successful Shaw Cassidy is the victim of a brutal attack leaving her traumatized and searching for memories lost. She retreats to her High Mountain Estate for recuperating, but she is haunted by nightmares and a feeling that she’s been watched every single minute.

FBI agent Cole Marinos is assigned the task of keeping an eye on Shaw as she is suspect
Inishowen Cailín
Nov 09, 2014 Inishowen Cailín rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After an assault, CEO Shaw Cassidy's memory is shattered. Under suspicion of treason, only her blocked memories can provide the answers needed to prove her innocence.
Tucked away on her isolated childhood summer home on Lake View Mountain, Cassidy should be in the ideal place to rest in familiar surroundings. But Cassidy is plagued by nightmares coupled with experiencing numerous accidents in the old home and the nagging feeling that she is being constantly watched, puts Cassidy's nerves on edge.
Fiona Leung
(I received a copy from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review)

This is the first book I've read by Anna DeStefano. The book cover initially drew me to it and as I started reading I got caught up in the story.

Shaw Cassidy is the CEO of her family business but she was attacked which left her with amnesia. She was accused of treason but because she's lost her memories she couldn't prove her innocence. She was advised to retreat to her grandmother's mansion in the mountains to recover and recupe
Sparkymom
Nov 03, 2014 Sparkymom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, I want to mention that I love the cover for this book. Also, although amnesia books can sometimes be a bit "soap opera" (for lack of a better term), I did not find that to be the case with this story. Shaw was the CEO of her family's company. When she realizes illegal and treasonous activity is occurring within her company, she decides to catch the perpetrator on her own. Unfortunately, her actions backfire and leave her without her memories and without her courage and confidence. She hid ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
How do I order this on KINDLW 1 2 Jul 29, 2012 10:09AM
  • No Hero
  • Second Chances
  • Deadly Secrets, Loving Lies
  • Kiss and Make Up
  • Too Hot to Handle
  • Deceiving the Witch Next Door
  • To Russia With Love (Countermeasure, #2)
  • Sugar Rush
  • Stowaway
  • Yours at Midnight
  • Romancing His English Rose (Lady Lancaster Garden Society, #2)
  • Ashes and Wine
  • The Oil Tycoon and Her Sexy Sheikh
  • A Man of Honor (First Responders #3)
  • Lucky Break (Shamrock Falls, #1)
  • Caught Offside (1Night Stand, #75)
  • Six Naughty Nights (Love in Reverse, #2)
  • Her Cowboy Distraction (Cowboy Cafe, #1)
Anna DeStefano brings to life heart-warming, emotion-packed stories about community, family and second chances. Her award-winning, nationally bestselling small town romances spotlight family, friendships and the forgiveness that nurtures her characters’ dreams…as they explore the issues all contemporary families face.

Anna’s imagination is forever inspired by our ability to claim an unlimited and
More about Anna DeStefano...