Start by marking “Firethorn” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Firethorn

Ronie Kendig

Firethorn (Discarded Heroes #4)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  513 ratings  ·  79 reviews
Grab your tactical gear and join the mission to save the covert Nightshade team. Will anyone make it out alive?
Published January 1st 2012 by Barbour Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Firethorn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Firethorn

Calisto
Sep 14, 2011 Calisto rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the Nightshade series
Former Marine Griffin Riddell, framed for murder and sent to prison, trusts no one but his Nightshade brothers. When treachery dismantles the team, the only person Griffin can rely on is the super efficient, icy spy, Kazi Faron. But she has her own agenda and it might cost the lives of his teammates.

I must admit, I requested this book based on the cover and the blurb. I expected an exciting action-adventure romance. I had no idea it was the fourth book in the series and that it's under the label
Casey
I might not always get or understand all the tactical moves, I may not always follow the lingo and track all the players in the story. But one thing I *do* get when it comes the “Discarded Heroes” is this: the heart, the power, the faith, the drive, the conviction behind each of these men and women jumps through the pages and grabs me by the throat.

This last installment is nothing if not fast paced and high-intensity. And I saw something I never thought would be possible: Nightshade, special bla
Paula  Phillips
When it comes to genres , I'm not normally a military genre chick .For me , in order to get into it , it needs to be thrilling, fast-paced and not too confusing . I have enjoyed the likes of Lee Child , Howard Gordon, Douglas Preston and now I have a new name to add to my list Ronie Kendig. His military book Firethorn was awesome and thrilling as we read the main character on the run for his life -in a way Firethorn reminded me alot of the second part of the film "The A-Team" which I loved that ...more
Erica Marie
WOW!! What an incredible conclusion to the Discarded Heroes series! Ronie Kendig, you are amazing and without a doubt one of my most favorite authors! Griffin and Kazi's story was phenomenal. This book definitely had a different flavor to it since the team was split up for most of it. I liked that. It made it intense from the very beginning to the very end. I loved the peek into the past with Griffin, I loved how Kazi's story developed and yes, I cried at the end because there is a really good r ...more
M.L. Tyndall
The Discarded Heroes series has been one WILD ride! And I, for one, am sad to see it end. I fell in love with all the macho heroes who made up the covert Nightshade team. I cheered for them when they rescued victims and fought for justice, I trembled for them when their lives hung in the balance, I laughed at their boyish antics, cried at their pain and internal struggles, and smiled as each one fell madly in love! Each man waged his own battle with himself and with God. But what a joy it was to ...more
Joe Young
Action packed Black Ops. adventure story that includes the pathos that typical war heroes and their families must deal with on a daily basis. Includes crooked politicians, betrayals, redemption and the the emotional turmoil that threatens their very mission. The operational details are authentically described and the inter group loyalty and sense of family are accurately portrayed. It is a story that has you floating along as an invisible member of the team, sharing in their emotions as they cha ...more
April
Wow, what a fantastic series! Firethorn, Book 4 and the grand finale of the series is another sure fire winner! This novel brings all our characters back for one page gripping read. We enter Book 4, with Legend falsely accused and imprisoned, and the rest of the team and their families under attack! If you have been a fan of the first 3 books in this series then this is a must read for you.

Kendig superbly writes strong characters, their angst, their valor, heart, struggles; and wraps you up in n
Elizabeth Olmedo
Ronie Kendig hit a grand slam with the writing of Firethorn. It is the fourth book in the Discarded Heroes Series and she did not disappoint those of us who eagerly awaited her next turn at the plate with the bases loaded. The first three books were definitely hits, but Firethorn delivered the much-anticipated homerun.

Be prepared for a tear jerker. Kendig brings home the horrible and unfair cruelty of war, making readers aware of what our real, true life heroes and their families face every day.
Susan
Excellent ending to this series. Many intriguing angles to this story. The reader becomes quite fond of the Nightshade team and their spouses. As always a real page turner. I always enjoy the characters' relationship with God. As always I'm looking forward to reading more by this author.
Abbi
This book was SOOOOOOOOO good! It made me laugh, cry, and everything in between!
Sheri Salatin
Jan 16, 2012 Sheri Salatin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sheri by: find books by title / author / isbn
Commitment. Intensity. Pain. Betrayal. Trust. Love. Respect.

I could probably write a hundred plus words that would describe the emotions and feelings wrapped up in this book.

This story follows Griffin Riddell “Legend”. Framed and imprisoned for a murder he didn’t commit, all hope is lost. Meanwhile the rest of the Nightshade team has been attacked and scattered around the world. Maimed and missing, only one man knows where they all are and he’s not talking.

Kazi, or Kacie Whitcomb as she has dubb
Renee
Before I say anything about this book I have to say this if you've followed this series at all you're probably like me and have fallen head over heels for the guys of Nightshade and gone through more than your fair share of tissues. Firethorn, the conclusion to the action-packed Discarded Heroes series is absolutely bittersweet in so many ways that you will want to have the tissues at hand even if you have never cried while reading a book. I can honestly say that Ronie Kendig not only writes the ...more
Jolene
Falsely accused of murder and locked in a maximum security penitentiary, Griffin Riddell doesn't expect to be broken out of prison by cute blonde, Kazi Faron. In a whirlwind of action Griffin follows Kazi who claims to be reassembling the Nightshade team. Danger and adventure surround Griffin and Kazi as they attempt to rescue the other team members. They are forced to trust each other with their lives, but will they trust each other with their hearts?

Firethorn, the fourth book in the Disgarded
Katie
First posted on my blog, Legacy of a Writer.

Anyone who’s read anything by Ronie Kendig knows that she can deliver “rapid-fire fiction”, and she does not disappoint in Firethorn, the grand finale for the Discarded Heroes series! Open this book and instantly you will be sucked into the latest adventure for the Nightshade team. Except, instead of being sent on a mission…they are the mission—to regroup back together and hunt down whoever tried to permanently dismantle the Nightshade team.

What I foun
In Nightshade's final ride, someone is after the team. Griffen Riddell was set up for murder and sits in jail while his team is attacked. When Kazi, a covert operative with her own set of secrets, breaks him out of prison, the two must find a way to work together to put the pieces of Nightshade back together before it's too late.

The final installment in a roller coaster ride series definitely had some loops and twists in it. The story was fast, with lots of jolts and excitement. Although I enjoy
Marji Laine
Nov 28, 2011 Marji Laine rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian Fiction readers, suspense and thriller readers, military readers
Ronie Kendig's Firethorn keeps action pouring over each page. The Discarded Heroes series encompasses four books in all. While I'm sure they all share many of the same characters, Firethorn stands alone as its own story. I admit, I was a little concerned reading book #4 when I hadn't read any of the others. I shouldn't have worried. Ms. Kendig makes sure to cover all of the pertinent information about the characters, giving little bite-sized pieces at just the right times.

Shifting between two ma
Linda
BLOWN AND DISMANTLED! NIGHTSHADE IS READY TO REPAY THE FAVOR!

The Nightshade group are recouping in The Shack when they find themselves infiltrated and fired upon. No matter where they hid, they were found out except for Max and Dighton. Not only are they infiltrated, their complex is imploded. The men are then scattered all over the world. Who? How? The Shack was secure!

Nightshade team member, Griffin Riddell (aka “Legend”), finds himself in a maximum security prison, charged with the murder of
Title: FIRETHORN: Discarded Heroes #4
Author: Ronie Kendig
Publisher: Barbour Books
January 2012
ISBN: 978-1-60260-785-9
Genre: Fiction/Christian/Suspense

Once again, author Ronie Kendig takes us deep inside the world of the US Special Forces in this fourth installment of the Discarded Heroes series. She remains true to her passionate portrayal of operators who operate outside officially sanctioned parameters, facing incredible odds with a bemusing smirk and a nonchalant, “What? Again?” attitude.

In th
Beth - ;)
The fourth in the Nightshade series see the team attacked and disassembled by someone who knows their identities and wants them out of the way for his own reasons. Kazi is a covert operative who has been hired to find them and get them back from where they have been sent - Legend in prison for a murder he did not commit, Midas from a Venezuelan rebel facility, Cowboy from terrorism charges in the U.K., Aladdin, a former Mossad agent, from a Palestinian execution squad, and The Kid from his own h ...more
Tamara
The end has come too soon. The last installment in the Discarded Heroes series is riveting fiction at its best!

Kazi Faron is faced with an insurmountable task . . . reassemble the Nightshade team that someone in a place of power has single-handedly destroyed. With the team members all over the globe–some near death–her job will not be easy. Breaking Griffin “Legend” Riddell, out of a supermax penitentiary is her first task. Executed with precision and great skill, Griffin is stupefied that Kazi–
Rhonda
Review: Firethorn by Ronie Kendig
5 STARS
Firethorn is the last book of the Discarded Heroes series. I have now read only 2 of the 4 but they don't disapoint at all. I liked the book except the part that brought me to tears.
Discarded Heroes is about a special black ops team. They are loyal but have some problems and thier families don't all know they are serving are country still.
This last book opens with their team under attack at their secret base and some are taken two get out of building befo
Susan
Ever been on Rockin’ Rollercoaster at Disney’s MGM park? If you have, you’ll know what to expect from Firethorn. If you haven’t, you’ll feel like it once you’ve finished this book.

Out of the chute at sixty mph, twists and turns in the dark, Firethorne begins with a bang and doesn’t let up. Nothing is off limits in this book. Not the men we’ve gotten to know, their families, or the people they meet along the way. Firethorn takes you across the globe and into multiple character’s minds, never rele
Donna
From the opening shot through the end of the book, the intensity of this novel will keep readers glued to the pages. Someone is out to destroy the Nightshade team, and Griffin Riddell is the current target. As he sits in jail for a murder he didn't commit, Kazi Faron is sent to free him. The success of that mission leads them into a quest for the other members of Nightshade because someone is targeting the entire team for destruction. What may seem to be a pretty easy task isn't. There are explo ...more
Susan M. Baganz
I’ve become a fan of romantic suspense. What can I say? There’s something about the danger and a man of honor willing to lay it all on the line for his team, his country and the people he loves. This series looks at a group of men assembled for black-ops. Undercover international operatives that are not acknowledged by the government but go in and do the dirty work no one else wants to. The name of this team is Nightshade (also title of the first book) and is made up of men with dark pasts who h ...more
Lisa Jordan
I'm a sucker for a man in uniform, so when I learned about Ronie Kendig's Discarded Heroes series, I knew I'd be reading all of them. What I did not expect was how the characters would capture my heart so quickly. The characters in each book are flawed and facing incredible challenges, but their abilities to work as teammates and trust in God pulls them through.

Firethorn is Griffin and Kazi's story. When Nightshade is disbanded, they must learn to trust one another to put the team back together
Melanie
Wow! My first Ronie Kendig book and it was fantastic! Suspense from the beginning and non-stop action!

This is the fourth book in the Discarded Heroes series, but Firethorn was great on its own - I didn't feel like I was missing out on much having not read the first three.

The Nightshade team was so cool! They were so brave, going into dangerous situations and protecting others. I loved each member of the team! The banter between them was so funny - I seriously laughed a couple of times, especial
Nicole
Firethorn by Ronie Kendig is the fourth (and sadly, final) book in the Discarded Heroes series.
Firethorn follows former Marine Griffin "Legend" Riddel, who finds himself sitting in a maximum security prison facing charges for a murder he didn't commit.

Covert operative Kazi Faron is hired to break Griffen out of prison and reassemble the newly dismantled Nightshade team.

As Kazi and Griffen race around the world to rescue the Nightshade team, Griffen learns that Kazi has secrets. Secrets that cou
Faye
You'd better hold on tight because Firethorn is a wild ride that will have you hanging on with white knuckles, as the characters cross continents and oceans to rescue the endangered Nightshade team. You will not want to miss this explosive conclusion to a terrific series!

Not only do we get to explore Griffin's character more, we also get to re-visit other members of the Nightshade team and their families. The characters were wonderfully complex, both Kazi and Griffins both had to deal with scars
Iola
Nightshade is a team of highly-trained military black-ops specialists. In the case of Nightshade, they are so black that they don’t officially exist - except that someone in power not only knows of their existence, but is out to destroy them. One team member, Griffin, has been falsely imprisoned for murder, while the others are ambushed and taken prisoner by unknown assailants attacking their headquarters. Their wives and children are taken to a government safe house, and their boss has disappea ...more
Julie
First of all, my sincerest apologies to Ronie Kendig for taking so long to post this review!!!

Ronie has taken the top spot in my "favorite authors" list. I had been talking to her about this series for awhile, as I fell in love with the Discarded Heroes with Nightshade by Ronie Kendig. I was fortunate to read this book as a galley and have had a hard time not discussing it openly so as to not ruin the book!

In this gripping conclusion (ok, can I hope not?!?!) to the Discarded Heroes series, "Le
  • Lethal Legacy (Guardians of Justice, #3)
  • When the Smoke Clears (Deadly Reunions, #1)
  • Pursuit Of Justice (Call of Duty, #3)
  • Shattered (Alaskan Courage, #2)
  • Accused (Pacific Coast Justice, #1)
  • Protection for Hire
  • Wiser Than Serpents
  • Injustice For All (Justice Seekers, #1)
  • Falls Like Lightning
Ronie Kendig is an award-winning, bestselling author who grew up an Army brat. She married her own hunky hero, who’s an Army veteran. After twenty-plus years of marriage, she and her husband have a full life with four children and two dogs. Ronie’s degree in psychology has helped her pen novels of raw, broken characters. Since launching onto the publishing scene, Ronie’s Rapid-Fire Fiction has hit ...more
More about Ronie Kendig...

Discarded Heroes (4 books)
  • Nightshade (Discarded Heroes, #1)
  • Digitalis (Discarded Heroes #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Discarded Heroes #3)
Nightshade (Discarded Heroes, #1) Digitalis (Discarded Heroes #2) Wolfsbane (Discarded Heroes #3) Dead Reckoning Trinity: Military War Dog (A Breed Apart, # 1)