Start by marking “Quilts from the Civil War: Nine Projects, Historic Notes, Diary Entries” as Want to Read:
Quilts from the Civil War: Nine Projects, Historic Notes, Diary Entries

Quilts from the Civil War: Nine Projects, Historic Notes, Diary Entries

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Complete instructions for 9 projects adapted from historical quilts. Includes tips for using today's reproduction fabrics and suggestions for achieving a period look.
Published November 5th 2010 by C&T Publishing (first published October 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Quilts from the Civil War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quilts from the Civil War

Alxandra
I've never been much interested in the Civil War likely due to a typical American public school education. But, this book is fascinating and has blossomed an interest in the Civil War.

This book "quilts" (brings) together modern quilts made in memory of the Civil War, historical Civil War quilts, and the actual history of the Civil War with an emphasis on how the Civil War was experienced by women who sewed. Also, it includes 9 detailed instructions for making your own reproduction quilts.

The au
Jane Greensmith
I ended up upgrading my star rating from 3 to 4. Initially, I felt that the scholarship was lacking, but by the end of the book I was convinced that I was truly the work of an expert, on quilts if not on the Civil War itself.

Full of interesting stories--I especially liked the reproductions of original designs. Textiles are such a fragile craft and they disintegrate so easily even if well cared for.
LaShell Vaughn
LaShell Vaughn marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Lisa M
Lisa M marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Quiltbible
Quiltbible marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Jolene Carson
Jolene Carson marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Sybil
Sybil added it
Sep 10, 2013
Karen
Karen added it
Oct 04, 2013
Flavia
Flavia marked it as to-read
May 17, 2013
Ij
Ij marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2013
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Libbie
Libbie marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2013
Encyclopedia Of Pieced Quilt Patterns Facts & Fabrications: Unraveling the History of Quilts & Slavery: 8 Projects, 20 Blocks, First-person Accounts America's Printed Fabrics 1770-1890.  8 Reproduction Quilt Projects  Historic Notes & Photographs  Dating Your Quilts - Print on Demand Edition: 8 ... Notes and Photographs - Dating Your Quilt Making History: Quilts and Fabric from 1890-1970 - 9 Reproduction Quilt Projects Historic Notes and Photographs Dating Your Quilts Civil War Women: Their Quilts, Their Roles & Activities for Re-Enactors