Start by marking “How to Ruin a Reputation” as Want to Read:
How to Ruin a Reputation

How to Ruin a Reputation (The Rakes Beyond Redemption #2)

Ashton Bedevere: renowned libertine who can ruin a reputation quicker than other gentlement can drink their brandy
After years in Italy, honing his skills in the delicious art of seduction, Ashe returns to London's high-class establishments--preceded, of course, by his reputation for lavish opulence and unashamed wickedness.
Then his scandalous ways are abruptly ended by h
Published October 1st 2012 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about How to Ruin a Reputation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Ruin a Reputation

Maria Clara
Tengo que decir que nunca antes había leído un libro de esta colección y que no estaba muy convencida de hacerlo. Sin embargo, me he llevado una agradable sorpresa, pues me he encontrado con una historia que ha conseguido engancharme.
Susan
Very good book. When Ashe returns home after his father's death he is dismayed to find out that to have control of the estate, he must marry Genevra. He doesn't want to marry, but he will do so to save his home. He and Neva are immediately attracted to each other but there are things keeping them apart. There is also the mystery of why the estate's funds disappeared so rapidly, and who is behind the problems. I really liked both Ashe and Neva. Ashe had stayed away from the estate and his father ...more
Sandy M
Oct 26, 2012 Sandy M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, harlequin
Oh, you’re going to love Ashton Bedevere. Estranged from his father for years, a rake of the first water during that time, a man who knows how to seduce and pleasure a woman, returns home when he learns of his father’s death, realizing he wasted too much time in making things right between himself and his father. On top of that, his older brother, the rightful earl, has had a break with reality and cannot take over. Then what Ashe learns once he arrives at Bedevere Hall only fuels his ire and hi ...more
Diah Didi
It's been on my shelf for a year, out of nowhere I just felt like reading it and I loved it!
I didn't realized it's a second book of the trilogy. Why, I bought it merely because I liked the title and the cover. Hah!
Ashe's brother, Alex, reminded me of Ian Mackenzie (the asylum thing, not the character. Both Alex and Ian were totally opposite). I was kinda hope there'd be a story about Alex, but in the end, it vanished. Why? Why?
Anyway, I loved both Ashe and Genevra and their characters. Their re
Cindy
Dec 14, 2016 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ocd-audio
I listened to the audio version by Penelope Rawlins and her American accent was horrible. I almost gave up on the book after the first chapter or so. I'm an American, not a very young one either so I've heard a lot of accents in my day, and I've never heard one like that. Although, wait. Actually, I have. From other British readers and/or actors. I don't know what region in the US they are attempting to portray, but its god-awful. Please people, if you're not from the US and think we sound like ...more
Karyn Gerrard
Sep 28, 2012 Karyn Gerrard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 out of 5 rounded UP to 4.

I was thoroughly enjoying this up until the end. When the book focused on Ashe and Genevra, it moved at a brisk pace. The chemistry sizzled, and I loved Genevra did not bother to fight the attraction. Ashe was a wicked rake carrying his own pain. I found the ending rushed, and the subplot fell a little flat, but that's me. Love the cover (I gushed about it on FB) and I do recommend~the H/H make this a very good read, too bad the bit at the end deflated me a little~
Carrie
Feb 27, 2013 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely enjoyed this book! I loved the hero and heroine, and I must say its nice to see an American character in a regency that isn't the butt of jokes. Neva was everything a lady should be and brought some of America's best ideals back to England with her, making her a very interesting match for the scapegrrace Ashe. Ashe was also a wonderful hero, secretly sensitive in a way that made me adore him. Highly recommended!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Rakes Beyond Redemption
Category: Historical Romance
"Sexy, seductive, satisfying. Book two in Scott's Rakes Beyond Redemption trilogy is another keeper, with strong characters and well-written story. This rake has met the one woman who is not afraid of him and who rouses his passion as never before." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
Hortensia
No está del todo mal, un poco lento en el desarrollo de la trama, pero al menos, al llegar al final las cosas se pusieron interesantes y eso siempre dejará un buen sabor de boca.
Kelly
There isn't much to say about this novel, good characters, good plot, good standard regency romance.

Good. As I may have mentioned. Just good.
C.
Apr 10, 2014 C. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good short read

This was pretty good, but I must warn that the cousin is perhaps one of the most irritating characters ever written.
Harlequin Historical
NaiaraGarmen
Feb 16, 2016 NaiaraGarmen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
beautiful
janice smith
janice smith rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Vampire-lk
Vampire-lk rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
LovelyGirl
LovelyGirl rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Rosemary Plonka
Rosemary Plonka rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2017
Émeraude

3,5 stars
review is comming
Mari65
Mari65 rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2015
Lulu
Lulu rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2013
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2012
Yasmin
Yasmin rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Marci Hopkins
Marci Hopkins rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2012
Lisbeth
Lisbeth rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Grace
Grace rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2016
Marika Germanis
Marika Germanis rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2014
Countess Of
Countess Of rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2012
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was ok
Oct 01, 2013
H L Rooney
H L Rooney rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Paying the Virgin's Price (Regency Silk & Scandal, #2)
  • Some Like to Shock (Daring Duchesses, #2)
  • Innocent Courtesan to Adventurer's Bride (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #3)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • A Very Private Merger (Dynasties: The Kincaids. #6)
  • His Marriage to Remember (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #1)
  • Montana Bride
  • Society's Most Disreputable Gentleman (Wellingfords, #5)
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • The Consequences of That Night (At His Service, #6)
  • The Viking's Touch (Victorious Vikings #2)
  • The Trouble with Valentine's
  • Waking Up in the Wrong Bed
  • Lying in Your Arms
  • Lady with the Devil's Scar
  • Seducing His Princess (Married by Royal Decree, #3)
  • The Baby Deal (Billionaires and Babies, #36)
  • Driving Her Wild (Wilinski's, #3)

The Rakes Beyond Redemption (3 books)
  • How to Disgrace a Lady (The Rakes Beyond Redemption #1)
  • How to Sin Successfully (The Rakes Beyond Redemption #3)