Start by marking “The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook: More Than 150 Favorite Southern Recipes” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Sweet Magnolias Co...
Sherryl Woods

The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook: More Than 150 Favorite Southern Recipes

Fill your home with the freshly baked scent of luscious apple pie, the sizzle of peachy grilled chicken or the beckoning aroma of juicy roast lamb, all brought to life in this charming collection of recipes.
New York Times bestselling author Sherryl Woods invites you into the world of Serenity, South Carolina, where good food and good friends await. Based on her beloved Sw
Published September 1st 2012 by Harlequin Nonfiction (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook

Jun 26, 2012 Naomi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK, I have to be honest...I have never read a Sherryl Woods book, so I don't knw about The Sweet Magnolias series and can't refer to it in this review. I focused much more on the recipes given. I happen to love when authors do recipes and/or cookbooks for their works. I must admit that I have found some rockin' recipes that way and, in my humble opinion, this book will not be an exception.

I loved this book though. I swear I am a misplanted Southern girl cuz I love Southern influence in my recipe
S Vanorse
May 09, 2016 S Vanorse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed this, you do not have to want to cook southern recipes to find many useful and tastey sounding recipes in this one. I have several marked to try. Some recipes are simple and some are more difficult, but not way out there difficult. I am an avid cookbook reader and collector and give it 5 stars. Nice photos, great layout, love that is does not weigh 50 pounds like some of the new ones out there. And if you read the series of romance novels by Woods many of those delicious sounding ...more
Julie Barrett
Jun 25, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook 150 Favorite Southern Recipes by Sherryl Woods with Chef Teddi Wohlford
ISBN: 9780373892600
Love that this cookbook is not only about the food at the margarita club meetings but other locations in the series: Sullivan's Restaurant, Farmer's Market,
Corner Spa, and the other special places the people gather to celebrate.
Starts out with the introduction about Southern Food and other experiences in the series of holidays, memories and disasters and successes.
Each section i
Jul 25, 2012 Darren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The idea of 'Southern (American) Hospitality' is known of worldwide, mostly as a concept, as if you ask most non-Americans what exactly is southern hospitality and cuisine they may start to flounder after mentioning happy, open people and maybe a chowder. Or guess Mexican?

For those who don't really know what to expect, this book will provide a good introduction to the whole enchilada and let you create a little bit of ol' southern hospitality in your own home, wherever it might be. Of course, fo
Aug 31, 2012 TheGeekyBlogger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-read
Cooked for Review
Overall Rating: 5.00
# of Recipes Rating: 5.00
Ease of Recipe Rating: 5.00

First Thought after Trying: The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook is full of fun recipes with a Southern Twist. As a southern gal, I can say that I whole-heartily approve!

What type of Recipes: The recipes in The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook run from appetizers to desserts. There is something for almost everyone: sweet, spicy, simple, complicated, alcohol-included, and alcohol not-included. Many of these recipes would be
Jan 29, 2013 Darcy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks, 2013
While reading the Sweet Magnolias series you hear about all the food and drinks, so when I saw that they were going to do a cookbook based on what was talked about within the series, I knew I wanted to check it out.

I ended up copying dozens of recipes and can't wait to try them out. I just might have to have my own margarita night to preview a bunch for friends!
Feb 11, 2013 Joan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and delicious sounding recipes from the South. Twenty-five years and more ago, I traveled often in the South for business. From these trips, I acquired an admiration and love for Southern style cooking. This cookbook with lovely photographs "feeds" that interest. The small "stories" from novels I have not read, add some fun.
Aug 25, 2012 Tracy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All I can say with this book is WOW it is so nice to see the recipes from the Sweet Magnolia stories and have the chance to try them. I really look forward to working my way through all the recipes in this book. The pictures are magnificent and there are so many recipes you will find one that you will love.
Nov 29, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I've not read any of the author's other books, nor the series which fictitiously narrates this cookbook. Yet, I found this cookbook to be super fun, and even marked many of the recipes to try.
May 06, 2016 Ray rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
One can never have enough cookbooks around for variety. Pulled this off the bookshelf and gave a few a try. All turned out good, and were easy to follow along in creating the dish.
BW Diva
Feb 06, 2015 BW Diva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty good bookclub cooked several dishes out this book & they were pretty good...the chili was delicious. & the corn chowder.
Oct 10, 2012 Vicki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of good southern recipes. Can't wait to try some especially the Fire and Ice Pickles.
Mar 17, 2013 Wg rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The recipes in the ebook are a jumbled mess.
Great pictures, I wouldn't mind owning this one.
Debbie is currently reading it
Oct 19, 2016
Julie rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2016
CASANDRA marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Fran Hernandez
Fran Hernandez marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Josie marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Lori Daley
Lori Daley marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Marika Henrysson
Marika Henrysson marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Jina Gibbs
Jina Gibbs marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Laura added it
Apr 10, 2016
Joyce added it
Oct 21, 2016
Tina marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Jeanne marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...