Start by marking “The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook: More Than 150 Favorite Southern Recipes” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
The Sweet Magnolias Co...

Sherryl Woods

The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook: More Than 150 Favorite Southern Recipes

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  11 reviews

Fill your home with the freshly baked scent of luscious apple pie, the sizzle of peachy grilled chicken or the beckoning aroma of juicy roast lamb, all brought to life in this charming collection of recipes.
New York Times bestselling author Sherryl Woods invites you into the world of Serenity, South Carolina, where good food and good friends await. Based on her beloved Sw
Published September 1st 2012 by Harlequin Nonfiction (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook

Naomi
OK, I have to be honest...I have never read a Sherryl Woods book, so I don't knw about The Sweet Magnolias series and can't refer to it in this review. I focused much more on the recipes given. I happen to love when authors do recipes and/or cookbooks for their works. I must admit that I have found some rockin' recipes that way and, in my humble opinion, this book will not be an exception.

I loved this book though. I swear I am a misplanted Southern girl cuz I love Southern influence in my recipe
Julie Barrett
The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook 150 Favorite Southern Recipes by Sherryl Woods with Chef Teddi Wohlford
ISBN: 9780373892600
Love that this cookbook is not only about the food at the margarita club meetings but other locations in the series: Sullivan's Restaurant, Farmer's Market,
Corner Spa, and the other special places the people gather to celebrate.
Starts out with the introduction about Southern Food and other experiences in the series of holidays, memories and disasters and successes.
Each section i
Darren
The idea of 'Southern (American) Hospitality' is known of worldwide, mostly as a concept, as if you ask most non-Americans what exactly is southern hospitality and cuisine they may start to flounder after mentioning happy, open people and maybe a chowder. Or guess Mexican?

For those who don't really know what to expect, this book will provide a good introduction to the whole enchilada and let you create a little bit of ol' southern hospitality in your own home, wherever it might be. Of course, fo
Felicia
Cooked for Review
Overall Rating: 5.00
# of Recipes Rating: 5.00
Ease of Recipe Rating: 5.00

First Thought after Trying: The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook is full of fun recipes with a Southern Twist. As a southern gal, I can say that I whole-heartily approve!

What type of Recipes: The recipes in The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook run from appetizers to desserts. There is something for almost everyone: sweet, spicy, simple, complicated, alcohol-included, and alcohol not-included. Many of these recipes would be
Darcy
While reading the Sweet Magnolias series you hear about all the food and drinks, so when I saw that they were going to do a cookbook based on what was talked about within the series, I knew I wanted to check it out.

I ended up copying dozens of recipes and can't wait to try them out. I just might have to have my own margarita night to preview a bunch for friends!
Joan
Fun and delicious sounding recipes from the South. Twenty-five years and more ago, I traveled often in the South for business. From these trips, I acquired an admiration and love for Southern style cooking. This cookbook with lovely photographs "feeds" that interest. The small "stories" from novels I have not read, add some fun.
Tracy
All I can say with this book is WOW it is so nice to see the recipes from the Sweet Magnolia stories and have the chance to try them. I really look forward to working my way through all the recipes in this book. The pictures are magnificent and there are so many recipes you will find one that you will love.
Heather
I've not read any of the author's other books, nor the series which fictitiously narrates this cookbook. Yet, I found this cookbook to be super fun, and even marked many of the recipes to try.
Vicki
Lots of good southern recipes. Can't wait to try some especially the Fire and Ice Pickles.
Wg
The recipes in the ebook are a jumbled mess.
Katherine
Great pictures, I wouldn't mind owning this one.
BW Diva
BW Diva marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Mdysfyd
Mdysfyd marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Sheryl
Sheryl marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Cassie Polla
Cassie Polla marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Erin H
Erin H added it
Sep 24, 2014
Carina28
Carina28 marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Stacy Robbins
Stacy Robbins marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Hamíreths Costa
Hamíreths Costa marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Jul 18, 2014
Kim Hampton
Kim Hampton marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...
The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1) Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3) Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores #7) Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)