Start by marking “The Orange Outlaw (A to Z Mysteries, #15)” as Want to Read:
The Orange Outlaw (A to Z Mysteries, #15)

The Orange Outlaw (A to Z Mysteries #15)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  1,504 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Help Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose solve mysteries from A to Z!

Kids love collecting the entire alphabet and super editions! With over 8 million copies in print, the A to Z Mysteries(r) have been hooking chapter book readers on mysteries and reading for years. Now this classic kid favorite is back with a bright new look!

O is for Orange . . . An art thief is on the loose! Din
Published October 23rd 2001 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Orange Outlaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Orange Outlaw

Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 Deepthi Herga rated it really liked it
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I can see how it can keep a kid engrossed. The characters
Melissa
Jul 27, 2012 Melissa rated it it was ok
I was convinced I had this short mystery all figured out, but it turned out I was all wrong. It ended up completely different than I had expected, which is how I like my mystery to go!

I did not like how rushed the author was in wrapping up the story. Once the villain was revealed the author wrapped up the book in one chapter. I wouldn’t expect it to drag out for chapters, but I felt the book should have drawn out the part of tricking the thief.

I thought the series was a little young for fourth a
luhvBOOKS
Aug 24, 2012 luhvBOOKS rated it really liked it
Title: The Orange Outlaw

Author: Ron Roy

Series: A to Z Mysteries #15

Rating:

Summary: O is for Orange... An art thief is on the loose! Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are visiting Dink’s Uncle Warren in New York City when several paintings are stolen from his apartment building. A trail of orange peels, a missing pie, and an orange hair are the only signs that someone was there. Do the kids have enough clues to catch this crafty—and hungry—crook?

Review: Not as interesting as the others.

Things I Loved: D
Ifeyinuwa Otigba
ruth rosa,josh,dink was to dink uncle apartment in new york and they was having a fund raisier are the zoo. when they was going to the fund raiser they was all hungry some ate their. they saw alot of amazing things like money write and pony dancing. when they get back they was tired and wanted to go to sleep. then they saw that the oranges was gone and the peel and was on the floor. then they saw orange orange hair on the floor. that went they saw the prizeless arting was gone and steel who ...more
Ethan
Jul 16, 2014 Ethan rated it it was amazing
Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose visit New York City. Someone steals oranges and a painting that Uncle Warren was borrowing. Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose go to a block party downstairs. The block party was to raise money for the zoo because the animals at the zoo don't have enough space. At the block party, there is a show and they see a man with a pony and an orangutan upside down on it. The orangutan was a clue. Uncle Warren calls a detective to help them and at the end they use a trick to catch the ...more
Kelly
Oct 08, 2012 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: kidslit-645
Illustrated by John Steven Gurney. Part of the A to Z Mysteries chapter book series, The Orange Outlaw really surprised me with how good it was. It is definitely a mystery that will keep a kid's interest as it allows them to "participate" in the solving of the crime by providing just enough details to make the reader think they are "in the know". It has short chapters, frequent illustrations, and accessible vocabulary. I will definitely be recommending this series in the future.
Janice
Feb 19, 2011 Janice rated it it was ok
Three children visiting one's uncle in NYC work to unravel the threat of a Monet painting the uncle had been keeping for a friend. They find orange hair on a chair and orange peels near the balcony. They discover a picture of the painting in the alley under the balcony and more orange hair. They realize an oragutan climbed up to the apartment using the balconies as a ladder. They set a trap for the crooks.
Shashvat
Dec 29, 2015 Shashvat rated it it was amazing
Two crooks in New York train an orangutan to steal a valuable painting by the infamous artist
Claude Monet! Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose are visiting Dink's uncle, Uncle Warren. When Warren
finds out his painting is stolen, he is astonished! Will Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose be able to solve this
mystery?
Bryang6
Mar 08, 2013 Bryang6 rated it did not like it
The book A to Z mysteries the orange outlaw was a pretty good book but not entertaining enough. It's about this boy and his friends and this professor that gotten robbed. They robbed an expensive painting. They found evidence, but its the person you don't think it is. They should have a better mystery, and more text. It was good, but not as good as i planned it to be.
Dolly
Jul 27, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose are visiting Dink's Uncle Warren in New York City. When a painting is stolen from his apartment, the trio is on the case. Our girls just love the A to Z Mysteries and we are working our way rapidly through the alphabet.
Tammy Seeber
May 03, 2013 Tammy Seeber rated it really liked it
I liked the book and felt like it is a good suspense mystery solving book for young readers. It gives good clues that you can follow along and have a good ideam, but leaves you douting its who you think it is.
Reagan
Mar 19, 2016 Reagan rated it it was amazing
Josh, Ruth Rose, and Dink are staying at his uncle's house. While they are there, someone steels a painting of his. Who is it? How did it get in? Read the book to find out!
I like this book a lot. It is super cool. You should read it.
Jessica
Dec 07, 2008 Jessica rated it liked it
My sons are turning into independent readers so we don't read together as much as we did. Sigh. The boys had this mystery solved within the first third of the book, but were still interested to see how the young sleuths proved it to the police.
Devika Nair
May 26, 2015 Devika Nair rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: young readers
Recommended to Devika by: my friend
Sara
May 07, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
When they visit Dink's uncle there was a break in and some paintings were stolen. The culprit was an orangutang that learned from it's master how to steal. They catch the real culprit and the orangutang and the pony get good homes.
Marlee
May 12, 2014 Marlee rated it really liked it
Both of my children (ages 9 and 6) enjoyed this book. They didn't guess who it was at first. Kind of silly for an adult reader, but a lot of fun to share with young children. So far, my children have really enjoyed this series.
Kaylin
Feb 09, 2013 Kaylin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
This book has a great mystery book! I think it is the best book ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haruka
Apr 22, 2012 Haruka added it
I like that the title starts from A to Z. It's surprising that the kids are so active. Reading how they solve the promblem was exciting. I like the pictures, too especially the detective's serious face. I first read from the "O" but next time I'd like to read from "A".
Joshua St.preux
Feb 24, 2014 Joshua St.preux rated it it was ok
Of course it's a book about crime but what it needs is more evidence.How does it point to this specific person
Seth
Feb 02, 2015 Seth rated it it was ok
Shelves: by-myself
they visited Dink's uncle. He lived in New York. he borrowed a painting by Monet. the painting got stolen!
Emily
Nov 27, 2010 Emily rated it liked it
My 7 year old told me this book was so good. I read it for him. I like this series perfect for 1-3rd graders.
Jessica
Aug 30, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
three kids visit one of thares uncul someone or something took thaare unculs freiands painting and the three modes are now on a mistury to find it
Morgan Schloffman
Sep 30, 2010 Morgan Schloffman rated it really liked it
I love these books they are good short storys that you can read in a day or two i would recomend it for 2nd or third graders
Elissa
Feb 07, 2012 Elissa marked it as to-read
i think this book has a lot of mystery.personally i would persuade everyone to read it.no matter with adult or child.i havet finished the book but i like it so far.everyone READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rochelle Baldwin
May 02, 2016 Rochelle Baldwin rated it really liked it
These books are so cute and great fillers to wait to get to the library. Cute story and unexpected twist.
Luke Ewell
Aug 25, 2016 Luke Ewell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 3rd-grade
This is one of my favorite A to Z mysteries. I haven't listened to it for a while so I wanted to read it.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing
When dink,josh,and Ruth rose go see dink's uncle's paintings .and when they get there his uncle's painting are gone all is left is a orange peel and orange piece of hair.
Ravikanth
Ravikanth rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Kaylee Story
Kaylee Story rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2015
Mint
Mint rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2015
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Nate the Great and the Missing Key
  • The Slumber Party Secret (Nancy Drew: Notebooks, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • Callie (Kitty Corner, #1)
  • Twister on Tuesday (Magic Tree House, #23)
  • The Hawk Bandits of Tarkoom (The Secrets of Droon, #11)
  • The Case of the Great Sled Race (Jigsaw Jones, #8)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • The Deadly Dungeon (A to Z Mysteries, #4)
  • The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)
  • The Haunted Hotel (A to Z Mysteries, #8)
  • The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)
  • The Jaguar's Jewel (A to Z Mysteries, #10)