Tyson the Terrible

Tyson the Terrible

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Stegg, Serra, and Plod are playing soccer when they suddenly hear BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! in the distance. This can only mean one thing, of course: Tyson the Terrible is coming! With his scaly skin, horrible horns, and gigantic jaws, he's the biggest, meanest, scariest dinosaur around! These dinosaurs better run for cover before Tyson gets there . . . shouldn't they? With bold i...more
Published December 26th 2006 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

Jessica
This book had nice bright colors and illustrations, but what I loved most about it is that it is super fun to read and my little one was completely interested in it. We have read it over and over and over again with the same excitement as the first time.
Angela
Best for kids ages 2 and up.
Early Literacy Skills:
Print Motivation, Print Awareness, Letter Knowledge, Vocabulary, Phonological Awareness, Narrative Skills

From Amazon:
Mandeep
This colorful book was equally loved by both my toddler son (almost 2) and preschooler daughter (almost 4). The illustrations are clever and make use of "multi-media."

My toddler son loved the cover, and the illustrations of Tyson with all his teeth. My daughter was able to appreciate the story. It's a lot of fun to read out loud.... and it's hard not to get animated because the text cues you so well (certain words are emphasized by being written bigger etc and the BOOM BOOM BOOMs are plentiful,...more
Dolly
Nov 23, 2008 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2008, childrens
A fun story about dinosaurs that teaches a lesson about not making assumptions about people before you meet them. The illustrations are very colorful and the narrative is simple and short. Our girls enjoy watching this book read aloud on the "Tumblebooks" online audiobook site (tumblebooks.com) and they've borrowed it a few times from the library.
Shallowreader VaVeros
Dinosaurs who are terrified about the mythical "fiercest dinosaur in the world" discover that reality is sometimes different to the truth. A funny ending, lovely illustrations and palpable dinosaur fear. A good read.
Warnie B.
Cute story with a double surprise ending, but the kids I read this to didn't seem to know what to make of it. They definitely liked all the BOOM BOOM BOOM parts, but I think the finale just didn't quite work for them.
Alisa
A big tyranosaurus is really just a little baby dinosaur that isn't too terrible.
Kim
Cute story about making assumptions...but with dinosaurs!
Theresa Preziosa
Grade K-2 Book Club: July 2013.
Lynn
Cute and funny!!
Jacinda Ramsey
Jacinda Ramsey marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Brandi jacob
Brandi jacob marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Deanie
Deanie marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Landon
Landon marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Yolander Fields
Yolander Fields marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Astronaut PiggyWiggy Pirate PiggyWiggy Goodnight PiggyWiggy (A pull-the-page book) Fire Fighter Piggywiggy Bathtime PiggyWiggy (A Pull-The-Page Book)