Start by marking “Secret Weapon: How Economic Terrorism Brought Down the U.S. Stock Market and Why It Can Happen Again” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Secret Weapon: How Eco...

Kevin Freeman

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Who's really to blame for America's catastrophic financial meltdown and devastating national recession? Contrary to what the "Occupy Movement" might tell you, it's not just greedy Wall Street executives (though they certainly earned their share of scorn). It's not just failed regulation (even though Washington has failed miserably, both Republicans and Democrats, to protec ...more
Published January 1st 2012 by Regnery Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Secret Weapon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Weapon

Dale
Exposes the vulnerable state of the American (and the world) economy

Published in 2012 by Regnery Publishing, Inc.

When I was reading this book I was tempted to make a sort of smart-aleck introduction about the complex nature of Kevin Freeman's warning about the dangers we face by way of economic terrorism. After all, Paul Revere just rode through the streets yelling, "The British are coming! The British are coming!" and that was enough. But, after a little thought I realized that Freeman can't ju
Patrick
This book will get your attention. Head for the hills!!

Amazon review:

Who’s really to blame for America’s catastrophic financial meltdown and devastating national recession? Contrary to what the “Occupy Movement” might tell you, it’s not just greedy Wall Street executives (though they certainly earned their share of scorn). It’s not just failed regulation (even though Washington has failed miserably, both Republicans and Democrats, to protect us). As one of America’s top financial professionals r
Peter
Mar 18, 2012 Peter is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Heavily referenced case for a sober view of the world as a Jungle with packs of countries planning and plotting to find a way to remove the US from its status as a top species in the food chain.
I've read through about 26% to-date - Freeman's inferences are spooky. They've removed many layers of the "safe" feeling I had about this country's culture and prospect for continued high standard of living.

I'm hoping for concrete suggestions to address the alarms he is raising.

Reading with an electronic
Pat Murphy
I read this and as I was progressing through it I believed that the problem it railed against was less and less worrisome.
Nick
Mr. Freeman brings up some interesting points about "financial terrorism", but assumes too much with out evidence.

Freeman also has some love-hate relationship with sorors? In nearly every example Sorors is either quoted or blamed.

Also some errors in the book. "Long Term Capital went belly up, requiring the New York Fed to bail it out with a $3.6 billion investment." The fed orchestrated the bail with 14 financial institutions. The fed it's self did not give funds to LTCM.

I recommend the book
Joan
This book explained so much about the 2008 financial collapse that no one else has brought forth. I suppose the media and the government don't want to imagine that such could, and did happen to our financial system and is so likely to happen again. Thanks to the author for clearly recommending ways to be prepared. I will be revamping my portfolio soon! God bless Mr. Freeman and God help America.
John
If you really want to know part of the story about the recession and how western economies have been under attack over the years, then read this book.

Kevin Freeman the author found that has opinons were shared by someone in the Pentagon. When he presented his paper to them, events that had occured, started to make sense.

A recomended read if ever there was one.
Vincent Darlage
May 28, 2012 Vincent Darlage rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Vincent by: Dale Darlage
This book should be read by every American. People of both parties need to get their heads out of their asses and work together to stop this. Economic terrorism will bring down conservatives and liberals alike. We should demand our representatives do something about this, no matter what their party is.
S2 Mc
Slow, difficult read, but that is due to my lack of financial intelligence. Subject is scary, and is something a lot of people smarter than me should explore.
Jeramey
Freeman jumps to a lot of conclusions that seem to be a reach. He is also oddly fascinated with George Soros and the SEIU.
Safooh
Safooh marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Yumaajav
Yumaajav marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Mic Sherwood
Mic Sherwood marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Azad Bhat
Azad Bhat marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Srkal
Srkal added it
Feb 01, 2015
Arvind Dhande
Arvind Dhande marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Brian Martin
Brian Martin marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Subculture Omnibus GlobWorld #1 Subculture Volume 1 Tp Subculture Webstrips Volume 2: Die Harder NFL Rush Zone: Season Of The Guardians #1 - San Diego Chargers Cover