Start by marking “Weekend Hats: 25 Knitted Caps, Berets, Cloches, and More” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Weekend Hats: 25 Knitt...

Cecily Glowick MacDonald

Weekend Hats: 25 Knitted Caps, Berets, Cloches, and More

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Embrace the hottest head-turning fashion accessory: the knitted hat.
The clever designs of "Weekend Hats" will have enthusiastic knitters everywhere rejoicing in year-round hat style. Cecily Glowik MacDonald and Melissa LaBarre have brought you the best in designer knit hat patterns all in one beautiful and fun-loving collection. Inside you'll find:
Expert advice to spark
Published October 25th 2011 by Interweave Press

To ask other readers questions about Weekend Hats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weekend Hats

Anastacia
What's not to enjoy about quick knitted hats? They are the perfect project (like socks) fast, you can use almost any yarn, you usually only need a skein or two, they are portable, and they are so much fun to experiment with. Like socks, you can wear a hat that is completely outlandish - you'd never wear a sweater with 6 colors and pompoms all over it, but a hat? Totally.

There's a great variety of hats, from a variety of designers who's names you'll recognize, from lace, cables, texture, fair isl
Tisha
I liked that there were several designers in here, but it really didn't seem like their best work. Not a book that I will knit from.
Julia
I really like this collection of patterns. None are super complex, but most have a degree of sophistication involved. This is a book I could see owning, I liked so many of the designs
Beth
I like almost all of the patterns in this book and they look easy enough to do while watching tv or listening to an audio book.
Michelle
Nothing that really intrigued me, but it seems solid.
Sara
Got this from my library, which is nice. I am not a hat wearer. Only my DD wears them and she is relatively picky about her style. That said, I found a few patterns that I "favorited" in ravelry, so I have some ideas if a someone requests a hat. Hats knit up quick and easy, and are appreciated, but mot by my family. I need some hat happy friends!
Jan
This has some really cute hats and many of the patterns are pretty simple. I know I will use several of these patterns. I may need to break down and buy it.
Kelly
I was mostly interested in the Jared Flood design since I'm a big fan, but there are some other really good designs I'd like to try.
Genevieve
Cute stuff, nothing I have to make THIS INSTANT! May consult again one day when I need a decent gift or something new for me.
Dharma
Nice little book. I am very picky about hats I would make and/or wear, but there were a few patterns that I would do.
Amber
Wonderful photos, directions seem easy enough, I just need the time to make one of the hats that I feel in love with.
Laurel
There are some really great looking hats in this book... and my next project will be one of them!
Cute hats. I am thinking it would take ME a little longer than a weekend though...
Jules
I love several of the hats in this book. Will definitely be purchasing!
Amanda Underwood
Some really cute hat patterns! Good variety of skill levels.
Evgenia
Some interesting designs that would make great gifts too.
Josie
Lots of interesting and fun patterns to be had!
Kerry
Not really all that impressed.
Mariko
Nice designs and easy to do.
Loukik Thakar
Loukik Thakar marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
  • Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences
  • Sock Innovation: Knitting Techniques & Patterns for One-Of-A-Kind Socks
  • Knit. Sock. Love.
  • Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits
  • Sock Knitting Master Class: Innovative Techniques + Patterns from Top Designers
  • Entrelac: The Essential Guide to Interlace Knitting
  • The Principles of Knitting: Methods and Techniques of Hand Knitting
  • Literary Knits: 30 Patterns Inspired by Favorite Books
  • The Knitter's Book of Socks: The Yarn Lover's Ultimate Guide to Creating Socks That Fit Well, Feel Great, and Last a Lifetime
  • Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks
  • Knit, Swirl! Uniquely Flattering, One Piece, One Seam Swirl Jackets
  • More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere
  • A Treasury of Knitting Patterns
  • Circular Knitting Workshop: Essential Techniques to Master Knitting in the Round
  • The Vogue® Knitting Stitchionary Volume Two: Cables: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue® Knitting Magazine
  • Knitting 24/7: 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock