Start by marking “Name & Address Withheld” as Want to Read:

Jane Sigaloff

Name & Address Withheld

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  833 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Dear Lizzie,
My marriage is in dire straits. I know you must get hundreds of people writing to you with this problem, but I think my husband may be having an affair....
--Name & Address Withheld

Lizzie Ford is an urban sexpert, and her hip London magazine column and radio show are bombarded with romantic casualties on a daily basis. What a relief that, after years in the
ebook
Published August 15th 2012 by Red Dress Ink (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Name & Address Withheld, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Name & Address Withheld

Emily
Aug 09, 2011 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, reviewed
Anne
Dec 16, 2007 Anne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lizzie is an "agony-aunt" (like a Dear Abby, but in London). She falls head over heels for Matt, who just happens to be maried (though he doesn't tell her this at first). At about the same time, she starts receiving long letters from Rachel, a high-powered self-absorbed ad exec. who seems to be having a little marital trouble. Well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how this is all going to work itself out. Badly. Almost as badly as the way this story is written and told in general. Lizzie ...more
Chanpreet
It's an interesting tale about "agony aunts" and infidelity. Lizzie is an agony aunt and she loves it. She's anxious about going to an office meeting and doing something to embarrass herself. she meets Matt after he moves in and saves her from the unwanted attentions of a fellow dj. They're attracted to each other and it looks as if a romance is in the works. It's too bad Matt can't bring himself to tell Lizzie he's married. Further complications arise when Lizzie responds to a letter asking for ...more
Rachel
Feb 11, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, easy read. Some twists and turns that kept me interested. Shows the complexity of relationships for both married and single people. Also like the British references.
Stacey Williams
Jun 01, 2016 Stacey Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
turned out to be a real page turner. Not sure i like the ending.
Melissa
Sep 10, 2014 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fair read. Single woman meets a great guy and learns he's married.
Sarah G.
Jun 03, 2008 Sarah G. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So I had hopes (not necessarily high hopes, just hopes) for this book, but I was really disappointed with it. Just another lame girl doing lame things over an equally lame boy. I must be a glutton for punishment, because I did check out another book from the same author, but I decided I will give her another chance. If I'm disappointed again there will be no going back for thirds. PS: Also- this is a british author and I did not care for the publisher's choice for single quotations for speech ra ...more
Dasha Kirsten
Easy read on holiday at beach
Teresa
Feb 27, 2014 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DECE
Meaghan
Jan 22, 2014 Meaghan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i loved it until the very end. i wasnt happy with the way it endd at all. the story was really good until the last four or five pages though!
E. R
Nov 17, 2015 E. R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carrie
Mar 12, 2009 Carrie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book gives me hope in that I write much the same way Jane Sigaloff does. Maybe, if I can ever finish anything, I can get published, too! This book also gives me something to think about in that I don't really think it's . . . structurally sound? I'm not sure how to say what I'm thinking (so how good a writer can I be?), but I'm going with this. Interesting story, though.
Marcia
Aug 23, 2012 Marcia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: greenwich-l
This is available as an ebook. It is a second novel written in 2002. Not sure the premise would work today.what with cell phones and social media, it would be pretty hard to hide a wife like Rachel or hide from her. I read this kind of novel for its travel lore and cultural references. Who knew about Angel Delight. Thanks to Jane and Google, I do!
Deanna
Nov 03, 2013 Deanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a bit typical in my opinion. I expected it to go the way it did. What I was not expecting was the cut off ending. The story was good the characters well developed but it lacked a bit. Had it not ended when it did I might would have given 5 stars.
Sararabie_
it's not bad, although I've read much better books. I had a hard time finishing it as the plot is weak and badly organized, and the author happened to elongate scenes and sentences to the point that it gets boring.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Yes, the book had one clever plot
idea, but, sorry, that won't
carry the ferry across the
bay. The worst book I've read
this year.

Chloe
Jun 16, 2014 Chloe rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story was probably OK - it was just not my cup of tea. I was hoping for a light hearted romance with a bit of humour ... but instead got a messy affair that was just a tad boring.
Eva Leger
Jul 19, 2008 Eva Leger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-fiction, chic-lit
I really enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. I really only even opened it to take a look because it somehow found it's way here and I ended up loving it. Fast and easy, chic-lit.
Beth
Nov 13, 2011 Beth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was an easy if not somewhat boring read. I think its good for a romance book, which generally are not my favorites to read.
Kim
Jan 17, 2008 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It took me a little while to get into this one. All in all it was ok. Not my favorite RDI book but it was still enjoyable.
Meg Salome
Another recent re-read....pretty mindless chick lit....good for a quick beach read!
Tara Calaby
Sep 15, 2015 Tara Calaby rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This came free with a magazine. 'Nuff said. I don't really remember the details, though.
Molly
May 14, 2007 Molly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: candybooks
better than expected for chick lit, i was really engrossed with the main character
Puty P
another chicklit, with pop knowledges in smart dialogs.
Dawn
Jul 24, 2007 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Book - but you have to be in the mood. Easy read.
Charity
Jun 13, 2007 Charity rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book by a great author. Loved the storyline.
Amanda
Jan 10, 2010 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A total beach read...perfect for my vacation in Florida
Becky
keeping track of chick lit books i've read
Nov 09, 2008 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hated this book.
  • My Fake Wedding
  • Bombshell
  • Loose Screws
  • Mafia Chic
  • Tallulahland
  • Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?
  • Strapless
  • A Minor Indiscretion
  • The Last Year of Being Married
  • Tart
  • Losing It
  • Speechless
  • On The Verge
  • Burning The Map (Red Dress Ink (Numbered Paperback))
  • My Life Uncovered
  • The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)
  • Marrying Up