Blank-133x176
Dating Without Novocaine

Lisa Cach

Dating Without Novocaine

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  585 ratings  ·  36 reviews
For twenty-nine-year-old Hannah O'Dowd, finding a decent man in Portland, Oregon, is like pulling teeth!

Luckily, the self-employed clothing designer has a job she loves and friends to help ease the pain: oversexed Cassie (always good to have the opposite perspective, Hannah notes), analytical Louise (too much perspective not always good) and an in-the-flesh tooth puller, d...more
ebook
Published August 1st 2012 by Red Dress Ink (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Dating Without Novocaine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dating Without Novocaine

Rebecca
During the hottest spell ever in Melbourne, I would try to do anything in my powers during the day to stay in A/C. It wasn't to hard and during this time, I discovered the public library in town and read this book over two days of just sitting there. Typical chick-lit, but not too horrible. Took place in Portland, which was nice, as a change in town is always appreciated. And lots of geographical stuff, which I'll have to assume was correct, as I haven't been there in like 15 years. Girl owns he...more
Kristina
I started this one the fall I turned 14, but I never finished it. I can't remember if it was because I was so embarrassed because of some of the topics here (everything sexual made me cringe back then), or if I just thought it was bad. Maybe I'll finish it one day, but till then it only gets 2 stars from what I remember of it.
Murphy
This is an entertaining book and well written. The dialog is witty and flows easily. My issue with the story is that it is too predictable. I had the ending figured out by the third page. Most love/friendship stories do have a level of predictability but this one was just too obvious.
Alyssa
Predictable, but a sweet & quick mindless read.

"Maybe there was a reason love and war were so often mentioned together. In both cases, the casualties were legion."

"I spoke primly. 'Some girls eat meat, some don't.'
Scott gaped at us. "And they say guys are bad. You there are worse than any group of men.'
'Oh, we are not,' Louise said, wishing her hand dismissively.
'My privates are not up for discussion.'
'You were the one who insisted,' I said. 'And why is it always referred to as a met product...more
Sandy
A fast, easy and entertaining read. The main character, Hannah, is smart and witty. I enjoyed her ongoing, yet impossible, task of analyzing the thoughts and actions of men.
Melissa
Set in Portland. Lots of places I know about mentioned. Some funny dates.
Meaghan
a fun chick lit novel
Angie
A mildly enjoyable read mostly because of its setting in Portland and Hannah's great fear of dentists and love of sewing. It was fun to read about places that I know so well and I too have my own fear of dentists and love for sewing. Hannah however was a bit too desperate to be 100% likable. I thoroughly enjoy books by Red Dress Ink and look forward to reading more.
Rachel
Ridiculous, I know, but I'm trying to balance something fun with McCullough's John Adams biography, and this definitely does it! All in all, there were some funny parts, but my book on dating would be much more entertaining...ha.
Cassie
My sister gave this book to me, apparently I need more romance books in my life??? It wasn't too terrible, a good way to waste a few hours. Semi-interesting charcters and a cute and predictable ending.
Bella Richardson
A lot of stress in my life right now, so wanted a little bit of light reading. Light story of dating perils, undeveloped characters, easy read, but nothing to recommend to anyone. More of a waste of time.
Kate
This book is so funny for anyone who has played the dating game and thinks it can be ridiculous or hilarious! There were times that I just laughed right out loud. I've read it twice.
Kim
eh...mediocre and predictable. as i expected. had a couple of bright spots but for the most part i was ready to be done reading it and move onto the next book. a short, quick read at least.
Melanie Jackson
This book made me laugh but I read with one hand over my eyes because it was SOOO embarrassing and felt so real. If my dates had been this painful I'd have ended up a spinster.
Sharal Hunter
Good story. I found Hannah's adventures in dating interesting, if not all together successful. I thought the voodoo dolls added a humorous twist.
Amanda
Very light and entertaining. A little predictable, but that's pretty much a given with this genre.
Kara Ripley
Not what I exactly expected. There was more sexthan I was used to in a book but that is not all bad...It was just a fun chick lit fast novel.
Shawna
I couldn't read more than about 10 pages before I was too disgusted with all the references to sex to continue.
Christy
I don't know how to say nicely that this book was boring, stereotypical, and cheesy. Alas!
Charity
Not my favorite Red Dress Ink author or story, but still a cute story with unique characters.
T.
I keep trying to read this book since I own it, but haven't been able to get into it.
Victoria Welch
Straight up predictable chick lit, but there's something comforting about that sometimes.
Rebecca King
A fun breezy little read set in Portland, Oregon. It's a Red Dress Ink publication.
Abby
Predictable, but not often is chicklit filled with such super bad dentist jokes!
Sue Salazar
It took a while for me to get into this book, but once I did, I liked it.
Meg
boring. predictable. overly portland-conscious. I just skimmed the last half.
Michelle
Jan 08, 2008 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women who want to laugh
I laughed so hard reading this book, that I almost peed my pants.
Linda
Overall not bad but the ending could have been better.
Kim
Cute, quick read. Utterly predictable, but entertaining.
  • Strapless
  • Confessions of an Ex-Girlfriend
  • Burning The Map
  • L.A. Woman
  • Monkey Business
  • The Breakup Club (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • How Nancy Drew Saved My Life
  • Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber: The Katya Livingston Chronicles
  • Mike, Mike & Me
  • Spin Cycle
  • Dating Can Be Deadly
Lisa Cach grew up in a farm near Portland, Oregon, a place she loves although she'd always trying to leave it. Wanderlust has led her to sail the Sargasso Sea, teach English in Japan, and trek the leech-infested jungles of Borneo. She has degrees in both English and psychology, two subjects that were fun to learn about but that guaranteed her low-paying jobs. Her father, she admits, may have been...more
More about Lisa Cach...
Wake Unto Me Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells Mistletoe & Magic A Mother's Way (Superhero Central #6) A Babe in Ghostland