Start by marking “Better Homes and Gardens the Ultimate Slow Cooker Book: More Than 400 Recipes from Appetizers to Desserts” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Better Homes and Garde...

Better Homes and Gardens

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  62 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
You'll never run out of meal ideas for your slow cooker with this massive, photo-filled compendiumThe second book in the Ultimate series, following "The Ultimate Cookie Book," this giant collection of recipes will keep your slow cooker meals delicious and exciting for years to come. There's way more here than just pot roasts and stews; this book offers recipes for main cou ...more
Published January 19th 2012 by John Wiley & Sons (first published January 1st 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about Better Homes and Gardens the Ultimate Slow Cooker Book

Sara
Jan 27, 2013 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is great. I've been trying to make something from it every week. Some of the recipes are oh-so-simple, others take a lot more ingredients and more work.

I have made (so far) Barley-Beef Soup (excellent), Barley-Squash Gratin (a very good dish with spinach, barley, and butternut squash but let me warn you - it REALLY needed more salt), Turkey Thighs in Spicy Cranberry Sauce (I used chicken thighs, but this was a great sauce), Hoisin-Garlic Mushrooms (a rather pricey dish, but not bad), a
Nancy
Feb 25, 2010 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
This was a great crockpot cookbook. I love a recipe book with pictures for every recipe. I tried the beef bourginon which was very easy and a big hit for the night.
Stephanie
Jul 30, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves slow cooker recipes!
My favorite slow cooker book by far. I am specially fond of the soup recipes, as I am attempting to cook less starches for weight loss. Great book overall.
Lynnie
Jan 18, 2017 Lynnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, cookbook
A decent collection of slow cooker recipes with a great deal of variety. Some of the recipes barely count as slow cooker meals, & like many slow cooker recipes there's a reliance on canned soups & other pre-made ingredients, but I still managed to find about a dozen recipes that I would like to make. I find that most slow cooker cookbooks are generally similar with a standard set of dishes but this one did have some ideas that were unique in my opinion.
Just - The romance reader
I didn't get a chance to make any of the recipes before I had to return the book to the library but I definitely want to check it out again and try the recipes on the following pages:

70, 93, 105-107, 109, 110, 114-115, 168, 184, 190, 207, 240, 241, 295, 299, 331, 336, 337, 351, 364, 392, 395, 417, 461, 463, 465
Donna
Jan 02, 2015 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some very tempting recipes!!
Kelly
Who doesn't love 'drop n go' recipes? This book just tries to do too much with a crock pot/slow cooker. Needs more pictures...I like to see it before I try it!!
Michelle
Oct 01, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well worth the purchase and an excellent gift to give
LoriAnn Kocialski
I love slow cooker recipes ... this has some really good ones!
Aud
Apr 12, 2011 Aud rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
I liked that the book had a lot of pictures - and I saw several recipes that I'm going to try.
Andrea West
Andrea West rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Phyla
Phyla rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Kristie Ramsdell
Kristie Ramsdell rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2017
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2017
Sarah rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2012
Jerryl Broten
Jerryl Broten rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
James Muzzey
James Muzzey rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
Meg Dean
Meg Dean rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2013
Tabitha
Tabitha rated it it was ok
Jun 22, 2014
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
May 11, 2017
Erik Ramsey
Erik Ramsey rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Toni Prekker
Toni Prekker rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Dacia
Dacia rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2011
Deb
Deb rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2014
Trisha Kirkendoll
Trisha Kirkendoll rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2015
Darcy
Darcy rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Barbery Cannon
Barbery Cannon rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Sharon Powers
Sharon Powers rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Better Homes and Gardens is the fourth best selling magazine in the United States. Better Homes and Gardens focuses on interests regarding homes, cooking, gardening, crafts, healthy living, decorating, and entertaining. The magazine is published 12 times per year by the Meredith Corporation. It was founded in 1922 by Edwin Meredith, who had previously been the United States Secretary of Agricultur ...more
More about Better Homes and Gardens...