Start by marking “Teach Yourself Visually Wordpress” as Want to Read:
Teach Yourself Visuall...
Janet Majure

Teach Yourself Visually Wordpress

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Get your blog up and running with the latest version of WordPressWordPress is one of the most popular, easy-to-use blogging platforms and allows you to create a dynamic and engaging blog, even if you have no programming skills or experience. Ideal for the visual learner, "Teach Yourself VISUALLY WordPress, Second Edition" introduces you to the exciting possibilities of the ...more
Published March 9th 2012 by Visual (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Teach Yourself Visually Wordpress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teach Yourself Visually Wordpress

Michal Angelo
Apr 13, 2015 Michal Angelo rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Not recommended
Shelves: toss
I chose the "Visually" series--separate from other publishers--primarily because I'm impressed with volumes such as Teach Yourself Visually Raspberry Pi. This volume, however, was a disappointment.

As I'm working through a WP/Joomla!/Drupal survey I'm reminded that some editors are more subject-focused than others. Visually WordPress: 2nd Edition (WP) takes the reader on a grindingly slow tour of (it seems) every radio-button and check-box in the program. If the meat of any Content Management Sys
Bart Breen
Wordpress is becoming the standard blogging site, so this is a relevant topic for this type of book.

For those who learn visually and feel more comfortable using an open book while working on a computer this is about as good an resource as you'll find. My personal concerns and critiques in that regard are more matters of personal preference and learning style. This wouldn't be my first choice as I prefer an interactive resource tied directly into the computer. Using a book to learn about a comput
Chad Warner
This book is for absolute beginners looking for the most basic essentials of WordPress. If you've graduated from beginner to amateur or above, there's not much for you here. I also wasn't a fan of the cartoony robot pictures infesting the book.

There are some brief conceptual discussions, but it's mostly step-by-step instructions for both and The steps are nicely illustrated with full-color screenshots. Every other page has a frequently asked question and answer.

This book is for SERIOUS beginners - and only for wordpress. But I grabbed it as I was rushing around the computer section of the book store looking for SEO and HTML books, because it did look like it had some good hints and tips- and after reading it, I'm glad I did! It has some great suggestions for tweaking your site, the little things that might slip by as you're working on content, and most valuable to me - it had wonderful plugin suggestions for backing up your website. So even though I am ...more
Carolyn Wilhelm
I learned most of what I know about wordpress from this book.
This has been the most useful book about Wordpress I have found so far. The topics are spelled out logically and multiple tips and additional resources are provided. I was able to skip some sections because they were basic, but have found use in most of the sections. I find it most effective to have my Wordpress application open while going through the book so as to apply the book's contents immediately and identify variation between the book and my application.
I like the Teach Yourself Visually series quite a bit. I guess I'm a visual learner, I don't know. The instructions herein are pretty clear, though this should really have been two books, one for the web-based free people and one for the self-hosted, because there are a lot of differences that I didn't think got covered clearly in the text. It helped me quite a bit, though.
I was a complete beginner and learn well by reading and then trying it. Technical books are tricky because they become outdated quickly. After reading reviews and looking for 2012 or 2011 books, I bought 2. I bought the 2nd edition of “Teach Yourself Visually WordPress”. It was easy to read and follow. It included some good tips (like how stop pingbacks on your own site).
Stacey Brough
I HATE books for dummies they are hard to read, boring, they say in 500 words what could be said in 40 words, so discovering these teach yourself visually books has been a true blessing! They have pictures and you can see frame by frame what is suppose to happen! Love it!
As a beginning WP user, this was an excellent overview of WordPress and presented in nice little chunks that were easy to follow and actually try out. I significantly increased the usability and look of my website with the concepts taught in the book.
Lauren Miller
Great resource for beginners to and I've been using Wordpress for years and was pleased to find I knew most of what was already covered in this book. Advanced users may not find much of a practical application.
Clearwater Public Library Staff Picks
Great book! Easy to follow. Each section is clear and concise. Colorful graphics add the the simplicity of the book. Great for all from beginning to advanced
Worth having if you use WordPress, but not as the ONLY WordPress book; you'd be missing A LOT of information if it was your only WP book.
Sep 01, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
Vanna Bells
Vanna Bells marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Shellie Woods
Shellie Woods marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Megan Hoover
Megan Hoover marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Alli added it
May 28, 2015
Amy marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Therese Arsenault
Therese Arsenault marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Mary marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Robert Moitoza
Robert Moitoza marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Beth is currently reading it
Jan 26, 2015
Sreedhar marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Teach Yourself Visually Search Engine Optimization (Seo) Teach Yourself Visually Complete WordPress (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech)) Teach Yourself VISUALLY Pinterest (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech)) Teach Yourself VISUALLY Complete WordPress (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech)) Breast Cancer