Start by marking “Optimize: How to Attract and Engage More Customers by Integrating Seo, Social Media, and Content Marketing” as Want to Read:

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Attract, engage, and inspire your customers with an "Optimize and Socialize" content marketing strategy"Optimize" is designed to give readers a practical approach to integrating search and social media optimization with content marketing to boost relevance, visibility, and customer engagement. Companies, large and small, will benefit from the practical planning and creativ ...more
Published March 28th 2012 by Wiley (first published February 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Optimize, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Optimize

Skarjune
I attended the launch party, met Lee Odden, and this guy really impresses me, because he has accomplished so much in the Content Marketing realm but doesn't come off like yet another "thought leader." I won't name names, but I'll just ponder can every dancer dance without a piper?

So far, I like what I see, and I need to get this a thorough read and review. So far, looks like this and Kristina Halvorson's Content Strategy for the Web are the two companion pieces I'm recommending for anyone who wa
Bruce Kirby
Lee Odden's holistic view to SEO, social media and content marketing is better than so much that's out there right now. SEO is important but your conversion ratio and subsequently sales won't increase if your website's content is weak. A must-read content marketing classic.
Emily
Read my review on my blog, Ms. Adverthinker.
Kay Davis
What's the number one influence on the decision to purchase a product? Search engines. What's number two? Online word of mouth.

According to Optimize, 48 percent of consumers purchase products based on what they find in search results, and what they read on social media sites. That's why search engine optimization is important.

The book describes the content marketing "trilogy" of discovery, consumption, and engagement, and how to best approach the vast audiences on Google (1 billion queries a m
Jon-david Mafia Hairdresser
I got a signed copy at one of the Chicago Social Media Club events where author Lee Odden spoke. The man is a genius.
This book has great insights for the internet marketing age. I feel my artist brain had a hard time with the point business-speak. It took a long time for me to get through the whole book. But now, in my own field, I'm considered an SEO genius. Thank God I read this book!
Optimize helped me explain SEO in my latest book: Twitter for Salons Spas: 10 Minutes a Day Wins New Clients a
John Malley
Great book! Gives a great overview of marketing in the digital age. I used this to help out a local company with great success.
David Scott
Awesome book about modern day content and digital marketing.
Belal Khan
This is an excellent book for marketing professionals. I don't recommend this for folks who aren't in someway engaged in some form for digital marketing. For those who are, this will serve as a great strategy book as well as a guide to regularly refer back to. The author has clearly put a lot of work into this and the depth of knowledge clearly shines through.
Blake King
There is some good information in this book but I couldn't stand how boring it was and how much filler junk was in it. I couldn't help but imagine the author continually asking himself and whomever else was involved, "what else can we include to make this book look likes its worth $19.99?" The book could have been written in 25 pages and sold for $1.99.
J.r. Gershen-siegel
I think I finally understand Search Engine Optimization after having read this book. Of course, SEO is a fluid, ever-changing task, but this book gives you the WHY.
Paddy Macgougan
The information was ok, although not exactly standout and the style was pretty boring and didn't really come alive. The examples weren't strong enough and it wasn't a fun read.
Jorge
Excellent book about SEO, Social Media and Content Marketing! Very useful for those who're not really experts on this field! Easy to read and to understand! Recommended!
Tim Raveling
Great for what it is -- an overview of marketing in the social networking age. Recommended to anyone with an interest in online promotion and project marketing.
Jurgen Appelo
Most comprehensive and useful book I found on social media marketing. Would have been perfect if the writing style hadn't been so dull.
Lori Grant
A must-read book on social media for the knowledge worker, manager, executive, or entrepreneur.
Deanna
This was a pretty informative book, I had to keep notes to remember everything.
Bobby Stark
Great book. Good tips and strategies, all packed into a relatively short read.
Liz
Reads like an advertisement for Odden's services. Yuck.
Christinne Blacker
Christinne Blacker marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Yotam Gutman
Yotam Gutman marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Dec 14, 2014
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Aleena Suhail
Aleena Suhail marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Laura Casey
Laura Casey marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Tiffany Bullock
Tiffany Bullock marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
  • Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is about Help Not Hype
  • Marketing in the Age of Google: Your Online Strategy Is Your Business Strategy
  • Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, eBooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
  • The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization
  • Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs
  • Engage: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web
  • Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust
  • Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break Through the Clutter, and Win More Customers by Marketing Less
  • Social Media ROI: Managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts in Your Organization
  • Pinterest Power: Market Your Business, Sell Your Product, and Build Your Brand on the World's Hottest Social Network
  • Managing Enterprise Content: A Unified Content Strategy
  • Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content that Works
  • Return On Influence: The Revolutionary Power of Klout, Social Scoring, and Influence Marketing
  • No Bullshit Social Media: The All-Business, No-Hype Guide to Social Media Marketing
  • The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web
  • Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing
  • The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, & Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
  • Unmarketing: Stop Marketing. Start Engaging.
Lee Odden is CEO of TopRank Online Marketing and editor of Online Marketing Blog: Rated the #1 content marketing blog by Junta42 (3 times), #2 social media blog by Social Media Examiner and a top marketing blog by Advertising Age. He also writes a monthly column called "Social Media Smarts" for ClickZ.

Odden is a 14-year internet marketing veteran cited for his search, social media and content mark
More about Lee Odden...