Start by marking “A Morning Like This” as Want to Read:
A Morning Like This

A Morning Like This

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Published October 1st 2004 by FaithWords (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about A Morning Like This, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Morning Like This

Lynn
Absolutely hated the hero, he was a loser, he is the most unrepentant cheating husband ever... he thinsk because his sin is out that his wife should just...deal with it...forgive him...get in bed...uh...no... The other woman is probably the most repugnant...has the audacity to tell his wife she didnt regret anything... yeah too bad this was a christian based book as I know 2 horrid faithless losers who need to be together....as his wife deserved better... and once again a child born of cheating ...more
Melissa
One star is a cruel rating, I know, but I hated everything about David Treasure, and can't bring myself to give any higher than that to his 'creator'. I could like and respect a serial killer more than this tool. Ugh. I have nothing else to say that wouldn't likely get my account deleted.
Christina
'A Morning Like This' tells the story of a married, Christian couple fiercely in love. The only thorn in this relationship is the heavy secret that David has hidden from his wife for nine years. He believes that he can move on from his mistake and just pretend that it never happened and that Abby would never have to know about it...until the phone call came.

Nine years ago, David and Abby had only been married for a short time when they found out that they were having a baby. Abby, still tormente
Crystal
From booksfree.com:
David and Abby Treasure seem to have everything together: a perfect marriage, a perfect son, and a perfect life. But one simple phone call turns their world upside down. Years ago, David had an affair outside of his marriage, and though he never knew it, the affair produced a daughter. Now his former lover calls with heartbreaking news: his daughter is dying of leukemia. Her only hope for survival is a bone marrow transplant-from David or his son.
Can David and Abby set aside t
Rachael Hewison
I’m not normally a reader of Christian fiction but the blurb on this book intrigued me so much I decided to give it a go. The book itself wasn’t bad but I’ve only given it a 2/5 because it didn’t particularly grab me and it’s not one that I would pick up again.
Bedford did a great job of bringing most of the characters to life and I especially enjoyed reading from David’s, Braden’s and Samantha’s points of view but for some reason I felt detached from Abby. I can’t put my finger on why that was b
Shaunda
I really loved this book. The story kept me interested and I found myself rooting for all the characters.
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
This was a very inspirational read. It was heart-warming. It really made me think of the situation David & Abby were in, and what I would do if I was in Abby's shoes. The only person that I didn't sympathize with so much was David. After all, it was his doing that caused everything. He was the married man. Susan was in the wrong too, but her commitment was not to Abby as was David's. I am glad it ended the way it did.

I would have some tissue handy you just might need it for this book.
Carrie
I probably should put a disclaimer out there that I don't normally read these kinds of Christian fiction/romance type books, so my views are a little swayed due to that. I decided to read it because I thought the plot looked interesting. I thought the storyline moved quickly enough, so I did not get bored. However, the characters did not seem realistic and the ending is awkward.
Brandi
I really enjoyed reading this book as you can tell it only took me 2 days to finish. I could not put it down, to see the struggles between the husband and wife and forgiveness she had for him after the ultimate betrayal was amazig. I recommend this book to any married person.
Clarice James
I love Deborah Bedford's writing! A Morning Like This was no fairytale, but a tough subject for Christians to deal with. Deborah is a master at portraying three dimensional characters, ones with whom the reader can identify and sympathize. It's a powerful read.
Donna
This is one of the best books I have ever read. Deborah Bedford is a great Christian writer, with such good values and moral lessons. Abigail had a hard struggle but finally learned to forgive the people that had hurt her and she kept locked up inside for many years.
mom2wah
Great book. I will go out and lok for more by this author.

Real life scenario dealing with marriage, betrayal, and healing. A great storyline dealing with the emotions of such issues. Great book from beginning to the end!
Melissa
Amazing Book!!!! It makes you HOPE you could make it through a situation like Abbie & David! So emotional!
Elaine
Jul 10, 2009 Elaine marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
364/397
Rosanne Wiester
Loved It!
Amanda Applegate
Amanda Applegate marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Cathy Reed
Cathy Reed marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Dpgblover
Dpgblover marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Arlene
Arlene marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Cindy Mcclure
Cindy Mcclure marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Indemnity (Covenant of Trust #2)
  • Midnight's Bride (The Blackthorn Trilogy #2)
  • Winning Back His Wife
  • The Rake's Rainbow
  • A Perfect Marriage (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #621)
  • White fire
  • A Valentine Wedding
  • Any Minute
  • Ms. Taken Identity
  • Beyond Scandal (Saint Georges, #1)
  • Reason to Believe
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Bride of the Lion
  • The Disappearance of Irene Dos Santos
aka Debbi Bedford

Deborah Bedford was born on 1958 in Texas, USA and earned her degree in journalism and marketing from Texas A&M University. Immediately after graduation, she accepted editorship of Evergreen Today, a weekly newspaper based in the small mountain town of Evergreen, Colorado. While serving as editor there, she worked 70 or 80 hours each week, writing stories and cut-lines, sports
More about Deborah Bedford...
His Other Wife Remember Me A Rose by the Door When You Believe If I Had You

“In a shelter meant for battered women, there were only two reasons a person would decide to leave. One, she had decided to launch out on her own and begin a new life. Or two, she had decided to go back to someone who had hurt her.” 2 likes