Start by marking “Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing” as Want to Read:
Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing

Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing

Practical techniques for applying neuroscience and behavior research to attract new customers

Brainfluence explains how to practically apply neuroscience and behavior research to better market to consumers by understanding their decision patterns. This application, called neuromarketing, studies the way the brain responds to various cognitive and sensory marketing stimuli.

Published October 21st 2011 by Wiley (first published October 19th 2011)

Ken
Feb 06, 2012 Ken rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll try to keep this short and as robust as possible.

If you're new to Neuromarketing and it's concepts then you will find this book very helpful. very helpful indeed. As you make your way through the pages this book you get the strong sense that roger is a very well read man in this field, that he definitely knows a great deal about this stuff. so you feel confident to trust his intelligence on this matter. As you begin to read this you will find that you have many "wow, i didn't know that" mom
Stephen
Jan 18, 2012 Stephen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The style of this book is basically identical to "Yes! 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive" by Goldstein and Cialdini.

He gives the bottom line of a particular research study, then demonstrates how marketers can use that research to make their offers more persuasive.

As a data-driven marketer, I find this style to be very practical, useful, and immediately actionable.
Jones Patrick
May 20, 2015 Jones Patrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The essential thought of this book is Neuromarketing yet the writer call it has "More intelligent Marketing". Proof from more than 150 exploration studies, clarifying in a reasonable, down to earth and brief way how each of these outcomes were picked up by seeing how the customers brain functions and the way it can be exploited keeping in mind the end goal to raise deals and create associations by having better advertisements, better Products and fulfilled clients.

Things I favored from this book
Patricio Ramal
Mar 19, 2015 Patricio Ramal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A practical compilation of tools, tips and things you can do to improve the way you market to people. Brief and to the point.
Vitor Chuairi
Oct 27, 2014 Vitor Chuairi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy reading, lots of examples and takeaways that are usable and make you think. Very cool read even if you don't work in marketing.
Kelly Reid
Feb 14, 2013 Kelly Reid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read This Book - Predictably Irrational, Dan Ariely
The Branded Mind, Eric du Pleiss
Free, Chris Anderson
Blink, Malcom Gladwell

Bundling minimizes pain - buyer cannot directly correlate an individual expense to product. this works amazingly well in MTG trading. I get better trades when I give a "rough estimate" on a group of cards.

Sushi - "Every bite I take seems to have a price tag on it".

Why do people love to pre-pay for things? It mutes the pain of repeated use ( even if repeated use would
Darth J
Oct 31, 2013 Darth J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished Lexicon and it reminded me that I still had this book left unread. It was full of mostly useful tips that could be taken in bite-sized chunks.

However, Tip 85: "Customer Replies Change Minds" is actually poor advice if taken the wrong way. It states, "Monitor where your customers post - Twitter, Facebook, blogs, review sites, your own support forum, and so on - and engage them quickly and constructively." This concept of speedy customer service is tricky to get right because it c
Leader Summaries
Desde Leader Summaries recomendamos la lectura del libro Brainfluence, de Roger Dooley.
Las personas interesadas en las siguientes temáticas lo encontrarán práctico y útil: marketing y ventas, publicidad y relaciones públicas y las mejores técnicas de ventas.
En el siguiente enlace tienes el resumen del libro Brainfluence, Cien formas de convencer y persuadir a través del neuromarketing: Brainfluence
Brad Henderson
Nov 27, 2016 Brad Henderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a couple months ago and after reviewing my notes I noticed that I've remembered and applied a lot more of the ideas from the book than I realized. There are a lot of studies and concepts here that can be applied to any business you're in.

I won't say the writing kept me extremely engaged but overall it was an interesting and applicable book.
Chad
Aug 27, 2012 Chad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing" by Roger Dooley is a very informative book. In the book, Dooley points out many academic studies that provide insight into the mind of the consumer and then he explains exactly how businesses can make use of the findings.

This is another book that I would highly recommend to anyone.
Bry Willis
Jun 05, 2015 Bry Willis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cognitive
I like this book, and it does collect some of these thoughts, but it is rather derivative. My main complaint is that Dooley is self-serving when he defines "neuromarketing" too broadly to include behaviour-based marketing and behavioural economics, which ends up comprising over 80 per cent of the book—more likely over 90 per cent.
Alex Devero
Jun 07, 2015 Alex Devero rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
We like to think that our purchasing decisions are formed through intellect and rationality. But this just isn’t true. Rather, whether we buy or don’t buy is determined just as much by our senses, emotions and unconscious mind.
Jitin Nair
May 04, 2016 Jitin Nair rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
its a wonderful book to read for any one interested in marketing, or anyone interested in knowing how humans behave and how its is uitlized to have an effective marketing strategy. Its is simple, concise and very powerful book. Must read!!
Sushant Agarwal
Jul 14, 2013 Sushant Agarwal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Small chapters, loved the content
Daniel
Dec 04, 2014 Daniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really recommend it to people who are intreseted in marketing.
Andrew
Feb 05, 2013 Andrew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Every copywriter should read this. Especially in an age of highly targeted, optimized creative, having these extra nuggets could definitely help improve response rates.
Steve Gaskell
Nov 15, 2014 Steve Gaskell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book which uses sound data to support activities to encourage and influence your customers and clients. A good read especially if your looking for new marketing ideas.
Carol Cox
Interesting compilation of studies done related to neuromarketing.
JohnnyJim
Jan 06, 2017 JohnnyJim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Very informational, it teaches you how people make purchases and what influences them, so you can implement these ideas in your business. A psychology book I'd say.
Jan
Feb 02, 2015 Jan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately this book does not contain much new stuff, which is not already written in classics like cialdini's "influence" or in any good book about NLP.
Ma Dam
Mar 27, 2014 Ma Dam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was awesome
J. Pablo
Many little pieces of advice that are great if you need to sell, write copy, etc. I recommend it to people that are new to these kinds of tasks and need to get up to speed quickly.
Jim Courtney
Oct 17, 2014 Jim Courtney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent marketing ideas, moving from traditional shotgun advertising to targeted emotional and habit forming marketing. A must read
Omar Khateeb
May 26, 2016 Omar Khateeb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: neuromarketing
An amazing book that every marketer should own. I continue to reference it as it is incredibly high yield and its applications are wide.
P
P rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2014
William Moody
William Moody rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2015
Manuel Reyes
Manuel Reyes rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Mike
Mike rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2013
David Lurie
David Lurie rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2012
Kortney Collins
Kortney Collins rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2015
  • The Branded Mind: What Neuroscience Really Tells Us about the Puzzle of the Brain and the Brand
  • Neuromarketing: Understanding the Buy Buttons in Your Customer's Brain
  • The Buying Brain: Secrets for Selling to the Subconscious Mind
  • The Psychology of Attitude Change and Social Influence
  • Out of Character: Surprising Truths About the Liar, Cheat, Sinner (and Saint) Lurking in All of Us
  • Beyond Culture
  • The Person and the Situation: Perspectives of Social Psychology
  • Priceless: The Myth of Fair Value (and How to Take Advantage of It)
  • Numbers Rule Your World: The Hidden Influence of Probabilities and Statistics on Everything You Do
  • Brandwashed
  • Fascinate: Unlocking the Secret Triggers of Influence, Persuasion, and Captivation
  • Consumerology: The Market Research Myth, the Truth about Consumers and the Psychology of Shopping
  • Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking
  • Sleights of Mind: What the Neuroscience of Magic Reveals about Our Everyday Deceptions
  • Redirect: The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change
  • Eating the Big Fish: How Challenger Brands Can Compete Against Brand Leaders
  • The Optimism Bias: A Tour of the Irrationally Positive Brain
  • Power Questions - Build Relationships, Win New Business and Influence Others

“What people really want is the ability to connect to each other, not to companies.” 3 likes
“Brainfluence” 1 likes