Start by marking “The End of Business as Usual: Rewire the Way You Work to Succeed in the Consumer Revolution” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The End of Business as...

Brian Solis
Preview

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  25 reviews
It's a new era of business and consumerism--and you play a role in defining itToday's biggest trends--the mobile web, social media, real-time--have produced a new consumer landscape. "The End of Business As Usual" explores this complex information revolution, how it has changed the future of business, media, and culture, and what you can do about it.

"To be successful in bu
Published October 12th 2011 by Wiley (first published September 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The End of Business as Usual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End of Business as Usual

Christy
I absolutely agree that technology and social networking are changing the way businesses operate, often in a very good way. I've really enjoyed similar books by other authors, but for some reason have a hard time following Brian's train of thought or getting engrossed in this book.

I love that he has found ways to embrace the "audience of audiences." Rather than complaining that people aren't paying attention during conferences, etc, Brian finds ways to use our human desires to share information
Carolyn
This book had some good points, however the layout and typesetting is visually distracting, making it needlessly harder to get through the text. I picked out specific chapters and sections from the TOC that interested me and skipped wading through the rest.
Lori Randall Stradtman
I'm a huge fan of Brian Solis, though I think the second half of the book could have been simplified a little more in their presentation. Great information from a guy who knows what he's talking about!
Graham Mumm
Could have been summarized into a short blog post. Filled to the brim with useless marketing jargon and overly used buzz words with hardly an original insight or perspective. Very disappointed.
Owen Cartwright

Some useful insights but otherwise very dull.
Vittorio Veltroni
An helpful, systematic account of a lot of bits and pieces out there about how to harness customer activism and conversational attitudes to help your business.
Particularly helpful is the section on the decision process.
Ed
A good book, it reminded me of Paco Underhill's "Why We Buy" without the heavy statistical side. This takes more of a case study approach, with good graphics of technical concepts such as "tag clouds". It also crosses over from a "how-to" marketing book using new technology, into strategic thinking and managing change concepts. His "Digital Darwinism" section combines a humanistic approach with the digital. To paraphrase, caring for the patron, not just servicing them, will be paramount to survi ...more
Alexander Novicov
Brian is an excellent person. I love his mentality and approach to digital marketing. The book is fantastic, I believe that his books are a bit hard to read.
Michelle Manire
So far so good. It's mostly things I already intuitively knew. For instance, last couple of years it's been all about engagement and authenticity. He's going deeper by talking about things like social currency and context.

I think it's a good read for many people to better usual social media to their benefit.
Amanda Webb
This is a fascinating but sometimes scary book about how businesses will have to adapt to the new connected consumer. It was geeky enough to keep me excited almost all the way though. I wrote a longer, and perhaps better review on my blog: http://bit.ly/yAr2Pb
Mike Worley
I read a social media book every month but Brian is by far one of the best thought leaders in the social business space. This book is loaded with case studies and helpful data that Brian breaks down into tangible meaning.
Henk Duim
If you want to wade through the hype and snakeoil surrounding social media marketing, this is a must-read! It is well written and explains the effects the internet has on how people communicate with each other.
Debbie Morrison
An excellent book. Applicable to higher education institutions just as it applies to business organizations. In a blog post I reviewed key concepts of the book as they apply to higher ed. http://wp.me/p1N30w-Xl

Casey Wheeler
This quote best sums up this book;

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change. —Charles Darwin
Emily
A must-read for all marketers. Read my full review on Ms. Adverthinker.
Joska
Interessant, maar erg veel herhaling.
Donna
Some of it was a little too high-level for me. But I did enjoy Solis' categorization of companies based on their social media strategies. Chapters 18 and 20 were my favorite.
Liz
It was ok...but it is too much like his other book, so don't bother reading both. It is also very focused on B2C...not very helpful for B2B :(
Luaba
Good graphics, good case studies, good business acumen and good narrative. A good pick for entrepreneur on how to make social site work for you.
Graham
A very complete resource for how business is being conducted in this new and ever-changing world of social consumerism.
Neve
Great concepts and information badly put together. I struggled to extract what I needed here.
Mary Pat Lichtman
This is available in electronic format and I read it on my iPad.
Debbie Cerda
Extremely insightful and well-written, engaged from start to finish!
Chris Giovagnoni
Insightful analysis. Predictive. Wordy.
Michael Thomas
Very..very good and insightful.
Haii
Haii marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Dillion Maxson
Dillion Maxson marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Moad
Moad is currently reading it
Apr 03, 2015
  • Google+ for Business: How Google's Social Network Changes Everything
  • Brains on Fire: Igniting Powerful, Sustainable, Word of Mouth Movements
  • Social Media ROI: Managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts in Your Organization
  • Duct Tape Marketing: The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide
  • Socialized!: How the Most Successful Businesses Harness the Power of Social
  • Real-Time Marketing & PR: How to Instantly Engage Your Market, Connect with Customers, and Create Products That Grow Your Business Now
  • How to Drive Your Competition Crazy: Creating Disruption for Fun and Profit
  • Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, eBooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
  • Flash Foresight: How to See the Invisible and Do the Impossible: Seven Radical Principles That Will Transform Your Business
  • The Book of Business Awesome: How Engaging Your Customers and Employees Can Make Your Business Thrive
  • Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs
  • Zarrella's Hierarchy of Contagiousness: The Science, Design, and Engineering of Contagious Ideas
  • Personality Not Included: Why Companies Lose Their Authenticity and How Great Brands Get It Back
  • Unconscious Branding: How Neuroscience Can Empower (and Inspire) Marketing
  • Socialnomics: How Social Media Transforms the Way We Live and Do Business
  • Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • It's Not What You Sell, It's What You Stand For: Why Every Extraordinary Business is Driven by Purpose
  • Likeable Business: Why Today's Consumers Demand More and How Leaders Can Deliver
Brian Solis is principal at Altimeter Group, a research firm focused on disruptive technology. A digital analyst, sociologist, and futurist, Solis has studied and influenced the effects of emerging technology on business, marketing, and culture. Solis is also globally recognized as one of the most prominent thought leaders and published authors in new media. His new book, What's the Future of Busi ...more
More about Brian Solis...
Engage: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web Putting the Public Back in Public Relations: How Social Media Is Reinventing the Aging Business of PR What's the Future of Business: Changing the Way Businesses Create Experiences PR 2.0 in a Web 2.0 World: What Is Public Relations 2.0? Social Networking for Promoting You as a Brand

“Twitter is your window to relevance , but Facebook is your home page for the Social Web” 2 likes