Start by marking “Emotional Intelligence in Action: Training and Coaching Activities for Leaders, Managers, and Teams” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Emotional Intelligence...

Marcia M. Hughes

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The importance of emotional intelligence as a critical factor in personal and business success is now well established. "Emotional Intelligence in Action, Second Edition" shows how to tap the power of EI to build effective emotional skills and create real change for leaders and teams.This book breaks new ground in providing a cross-reference matrix that maps sixty-five exe...more
Published December 29th 2011 by Pfeiffer & Company (first published August 19th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Emotional Intelligence in Action, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emotional Intelligence in Action

Jsvrcc1
I have become very interested in EI lately and I am trying to read as much as I can on this topic. Having read 6 books on EI already and having watched dozens of clips on EI on youtube, I still find this book highly valuable. In particular I enjoyed learning about:
a) the different systems to test EI
b) examples of EI skills from movies
c) practical examples and exercises to improve individual EI skills.
J. Schmidt
A good book on EI with plenty of exercises and inspiring questions. I only give it 4 stars as I noticed Marcia Hughes borrowed (too) many ideas from the book "The EQ Edge".
Matthew Batten
Very clear introduction to EI but too basic for anyone who already has a good understanding of the concepts. Training examples are all discussion based facilitation and are a bit samey. Still, a useful read.
Shannon
Shannon is currently reading it
Aug 02, 2014
Jacob Zilbar
Jacob Zilbar marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Ahmed Soliman
Ahmed Soliman marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Junna Pamela
Junna Pamela marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Maurizio Scalari
Maurizio Scalari marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Chris Bellin
Chris Bellin marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Warren
Warren marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Mahender
Mahender is currently reading it
Mar 16, 2013
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2013
Kayla C
Kayla C marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2012
Kayla C
Kayla C marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2012
Kim R
Kim R marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2012
The Emotionally Intelligent Team: Understanding and Developing the Behaviors of Success Handbook for Developing Emotional and Social Intelligence: Best Practices, Case Studies, and Strategies The Emotional Intelligence in Action Activities Guide Life's 2% Solution: Simple Steps to Achieve Happiness and Balance Team Emotional & Social Intelligence Survey: TESI Short