Start by marking “Visual Teams: Graphic Tools for Commitment, Innovation, and High Performance” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Visual Teams: Graphic ...

David Sibbet

Visual Teams: Graphic Tools for Commitment, Innovation, and High Performance

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  8 reviews

This book uses visual tools to explore how high performance teams work. The best teams work like creative designers—and a "design approach" is the key to innovation and productivity. Visual Teams builds on Visual Meetings by showing users how to knit together best practices described in the first book, and turn them into strategies that work across the whole arc of a team'

Published September 23rd 2011 by Wiley (first published September 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Visual Teams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visual Teams

Ben Thurley
A manual for using visual and graphical tools for building, motivating and sustaining effective teamwork.

There are some good insights here. I particularly liked the simple observation that "pushing" information and content onto others (through closed agendas, packed powerpoint presentations and the like) leads to resistance and people drawing away. Conversely, tools for team leadership that "pulls" people in includes simple open frameworks, questions and interactive visualisations.

There are als
Helen
Admittedly I only did a skim read of this focusing on the highlights and pull outs.
Have already read the other two books in the "Visual" series so there is a lot of repeat, but repetitiveness in a way that makes sense, emphasizing different elements that supported the 'team' theme rather than the 'leadership' theme. Some elements went into much deeper detail here and it was great to get a better understanding of these elements I've been reading about elsewhere.
Ariadna73
Loved the graphics. Took lot of ideas for my organization's meetings.

description
Daniel
Not as good as the first, but still extremely helpful. You can't possibly squeeze everything you need to know about teams into one book, but Sibbet captures the core components of running a visual team well.
Kathie
I like all of Daniel Sibbert's books. I am a person who communicates visually whenever I can and have since I could hold a crayon. Not as terrific as his first, but still really good.
André Gomes
Don't agree with everything, but I have some good insights!
I really need to rethink everyday how we can make work more visible.
It's all about make things easier to see....
NickySatia
Great book! Interesting, insightful ánd practical.
Kristin
Just got my copy at the IFVP conference. YAY!
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Franco
Franco marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
David Johnson
David Johnson marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Caleb
Caleb added it
Apr 03, 2015
Kelly
Kelly added it
Mar 28, 2015
Micah Grant
Micah Grant marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Ismael Schonhorst
Ismael Schonhorst marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Onekerato
Onekerato marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Phil
Phil marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Lynn Pearce
Lynn Pearce marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Maurizio Scalari
Maurizio Scalari marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Marcela Sotela
Marcela Sotela marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Michael Greenberg
Michael Greenberg marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Lukasz
Lukasz added it
Feb 07, 2015
LaTisha
LaTisha marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Abdulaziz  ALrashid
Abdulaziz ALrashid marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Guam
Guam marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
  • Blah Blah Blah: What To Do When Words Don't Work
  • Facilitator's Guide to Participatory Decision-Making
  • The Art of Explanation - Making Your Ideas, Products and Services Easier to Understand
  • The Sketchnote Handbook Video Edition: The Illustrated Guide to Visual Note Taking (Includes the Sketchnote Handbook Book and Access to the Sketchnote Handbook Video)
  • Gamestorming: A Playbook for Innovators, Rule-breakers, and Changemakers
  • The Naked Presenter: Delivering Powerful Presentations with or Without Slides
  • Appreciative Inquiry: A Positive Revolution in Change
  • Design for How People Learn
  • The New Jackals: Ramzi Yousef, Osama bin Laden, and the Future of Terrorism
  • Maxwell Daily Reader: 365 Days of Insight to Develop the Leader Within You and Influence Those Around You
  • Design Thinking: Integrating Innovation, Customer Experience, and Brand Value
  • Resonate: Present Visual Stories that Transform Audiences
Visual Meetings: How Graphics, Sticky Notes & Idea Mapping Can Transform Group Productivity Visual Leaders: New Tools for Visioning, Management, and Organization Change: New Tools for Visioning, Management, and Organizational Change Pensamiento visual Team Performance: Creating And Sustaining Results Principles of Facilitation: The Purpose and Potential of Leading Group Process