Start by marking “The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management” as Want to Read:
The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management
Preview

The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  260 ratings  ·  11 reviews
An updated and revised edition of the bestselling guide to managing projectsFor any professional responsible for coordinating projects among different departments, across executive levels, or with technical complexity, "The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management" offers comprehensive instruction on how to deliver on time and on budget. Get the step-by-step advice you need ...more
Published November 3rd 2011 by Wiley (first published June 24th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management

Bethany
More work-related schtuff....
Treela
Easier to read than the PMBOK
Shawn Buckle
You're not going to walk away a PMP-certified project manager after reading this book, but it is the first step. It's aptly named "Fast Forward" as that is what the author does, touching upon most areas of project management from a high-level and providing the general structure, tools and organization of it.

Recommended for those fresh to the discipline, but if you have any past experience, most of it will be well understood.
Timothy Lusk
This book was part of a Project Management course I've been taking. Reading what I did, I thought it had great insight into the role of a PM and how it is important to business. While I wouldn't necessarily have it in my home library, I was happy to have enjoyed learning what it had to offer.
Kanishk
Very realistic and hands on advice for program/project managers. If you are looking for some practical tips and tricks instead of theoretical PMBOK stuff, I'm sure this book will help you. There are some templates also available on their website which can provide a good start for new PMs.
Arden
I took a two-day class on project management this fall. This book was strongly recommended as a textbook to accompany the class. I appreciate being brought up to speed on the process and philosophy of project management, but this book was kind of tedious to read.
Bryce
Very useful, excellent intro course into project management and a solid prep to become PMP-certified. Like many business books, though, it's pretty dry and not something to be downed in a couple sittings...
Nauman Faridi
Very good read to get a view of what project management is all about.
M Qahtani

I did not read it, but the title surprised me.
A
Reference book for first time PM'ing
Gladievakterina
Gladievakterina marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Kelsey Yevak
Kelsey Yevak marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Mac Daly
Mac Daly is currently reading it
Apr 19, 2015
Georgi
Georgi is currently reading it
Apr 15, 2015
Lalo
Lalo marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Scott Singer
Scott Singer is currently reading it
Apr 09, 2015
Ven
Ven marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Tim
Tim added it
Mar 27, 2015
  • Project Management: A Systems Approach To Planning, Scheduling, And Controlling
  • Project Management for Dummies
  • Pmp: Project Management Professional: Study Guide
  • Manage It!
  • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guides)
  • The Deadline: A Novel about Project Management
  • Harvard Business Review on Leadership
  • Why Should Anyone Be Led by You?: What It Takes To Be An Authentic Leader
  • The Daily Drucker: 366 Days of Insight and Motivation for Getting the Right Things Done
  • Leading Quietly: An Unorthodox Guide to Doing the Right Thing
  • Unix Network Programming, Volume 1: The Sockets Networking API
  • The First-Time Manager
  • Flawless Consulting: A Guide to Getting Your Expertise Used
  • MBA in a Day: What You Would Learn at Top-Tier Business Schools (If You Only Had the Time!)
  • The Six SIGMA Way: How GE, Motorola, and Other Top Companies Are Honing Their Performance
  • Million Dollar Consulting: the Professional's Guide to Growing a Practice
  • Harvard Business Review on Knowledge Management
  • Jack Welch & The G.E. Way: Management Insights and Leadership Secrets of the Legendary CEO
The Portable MBA in Project Managment