Blank-133x176
French for Dummies, En...

Zoe Erotopoulos

French for Dummies, Enhanced Edition

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  12 reviews
If you buy into the Pepé Le Pew stereotype of the French–arrogant, stuffy, overly amorous, and rather odiferous (Pepé Le Pew was a skunk. Talk about stereotypical!)–then think again. Not only are the French people some of the most relaxed, pleasant people you'll ever meet, but their society is one of the oldest, most culturally rich societies in the world. So it's no surpr...more
Published February 8th 2012 by For Dummies (first published January 15th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about French for Dummies, Enhanced Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about French for Dummies, Enhanced Edition

Joy
I found it hard to learn on my own using this book - I probably need more CD's than the one that came with this. I only have 1 year of high school French (eons ago!). Wish I could recommend it but c'est la vie!
Constance
Forgive me any error. When one is reading French for Dummies, 6 books in one, and it isn't listed as an item in Goodreads, one may decide to go with what the program offers. My bookmark is restin in Book 2 chapter 5 at the moment and the suspense is magnetic. ~ googled, alas!

Pardonnez-moi toute erreur. Quand on lire en français pour les nuls, 6 livres en un seul, et il n'est pas répertorié comme un élément dans Goodreads, on peut décider d'aller avec ce que le programme offre. Mon marque-page es...more
Quincess Za
The hardest language I've ever learned. For beginners, I think this book is for you. I can't hardly speak French but with this book, I've learn so much about the daily "French words" phrases that I find it useful if you want to visit France.
Rivqah
So far, this has been a fairly good review of French. There is a rather good explanation of the difference between the three types of pronomial verbs on page 156.
Allison C. McCulloch
Read a lot of the beginning pages and some of the conversations on the accompanying disc. Didn't find it particularly helpful, but I may read the rest sometime.
Lucia
Pretty helpful if you want a quick fix. Grammar was splattered throughout and I wished there had been an appendix with all the straight rules.
Jc Ontiveros
This book helped my initial attempts of reading French by it's pronunciation. I thank this book for my fairly decent French accent.
Dawn
Though the practical information is about a decade out of date, the style is actually a lot more helpful than I expected.
Julie Leggett
the first few chapters are almost too easy if you have ever taken any french...even in high school 12 years ago.
Nancy
Feb 14, 2009 Nancy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
It is really outdated, but I like reading it anyway. Read this and skip to that. I guess it is for dummies.
Nancy Zuerlein
I particularly liked that this book included the phonetic pronunciation of the French words.
Chris
Not for me. Very boring way to learn a new language.
Heba Aly
Heba Aly marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Joseph Changanya
Joseph Changanya marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Jayden Lihou
Jayden Lihou is currently reading it
Aug 24, 2014
Karla Vaasua
Karla Vaasua marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Leonora Estes
Leonora Estes marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
The
The added it
Aug 25, 2014
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Olyvia Nicholson
Olyvia Nicholson marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Karol K
Karol K marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Tài Chí
Tài Chí marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Sonya Brown
Sonya Brown marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
French Verbs For Dummies (For Dummies (Language & Literature)) 500 French Verbs for Dummies French Essentials for Dummies