Start by marking “There Goes the Groom” as Want to Read:
There Goes the Groom

There Goes the Groom (Brides & Grooms #2)

Marci Turner has always been a no strings attached kind of girl. But when her twin sister gets married, she suddenly begins to yearn for true love. Determined to change her footloose and fancy-free ways, she heads to the alter with wealthy Paul Pendergrass, a man who swept her off her feet with his expensive gifts and promises of happily-ever-after. But is he who he seems? ...more
Published December 10th 2012 by Beachside Reads

To ask other readers questions about There Goes the Groom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There Goes the Groom

Bex
Jul 26, 2013 Bex rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
This book to me felt rushed, and the characters were way under developed. It read like a script to a daytime soap. This author seems to have excellent ideas for her stories but doesnt take the time to pull you into the book and let you fall in love with the characters - they are to busy falling in love with each other in the first 5mins, I wish she spent the time (and pages) to really let the story play out instead of skimming it and everything being done in fast forward.
Mimi Barbour
Dec 22, 2012 Mimi Barbour rated it it was amazing
Marci Turner who I absolutely adored was marrying Paul Pendergrass of the Charlton, South Carolina Pendergrass family. Or was he?? Marc’s Cinderella wedding turned into a nightmare when her groom ran off with the pastor and his best man before saying “I Do”, leaving her behind to take the rap for his scamming old people out of their retirement money. Good-looking detective Cade Muller is out to prove she was involved up to her voluptuous ahhh….neck. Except it’s pretty hard to prove something whe ...more
Brenda
*** 3.5 stars ***

There were some editing mistakes that kind of interrupted the flow of the story but other than that it was pretty good.

(view spoiler)
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Mar 05, 2013 Sassy Beta Reading & Review rated it it was amazing
I love just about anything I can get my hands on by this author. Silly me, read this out of order. So now I need to go back and read the first one. This worked great as a stand alone book, but about half way through I figured out this was the next in a series. Instead of stopping to get the previous book I went ahead and finished it. Now I can't wait to read the previous one.

Good work yet again Ms. Rita! Bring on some more!
Elizabeth
Dec 12, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
OMG this book was hilarious. Also it was so overly out there I had no idea what was going to happen. I finished in one sitting and couldn't stop laughing. Some of the sentences were weird though and had repeating words in places but that could just be the kindle version regardless I was tickled by it.
Britta
Mar 29, 2013 Britta rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, fiction, 2012, kindle
Marci Turner wasn't always the “bright” twin but she’s the pretty one.... She's finally getting her life together and celebrating with the biggest, Cinderella-style wedding of the century...

Read the rest at my book blog.
Sandhya
Jul 08, 2013 Sandhya rated it it was ok
Hmm....this is the second book of the Here comes the bride series......and it was just ok for me! I think ...i did not like Marci much...a bad first impression of her frm the first book...may be!!
Anyways....reading was simple and short!!
Jay-me (Janet)
Dec 13, 2012 Jay-me (Janet) rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-2012
**review to follow**
Buttercup
Jan 15, 2014 Buttercup rated it did not like it
The thought process is lacking, the detectives are not to inteligent and they dont use a decoy when thats an obvious solution. But the idea is wonderful.
Dee

Cute freebie from Amazon.com
Katelyn
Jan 02, 2013 Katelyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A good typical book for Rita Herron. I read it all in one go without any breaks.
Betsy Harmon
Apr 05, 2013 Betsy Harmon rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Great story. The ending was a little too "nice and tidy." Overall it was an entertaining read.
Tanya
Apr 05, 2013 Tanya rated it it was amazing
Cuuuute!!!
Susan Jenkins (Tely)
Cute book, a few errors that I noted, though. (Some just spelling or grammar, a few story line issues that just had me going, "Huh?").
Gena
Gena rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2012
Kelley
Kelley rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2014
Sami
Sami rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2013
Stacie Dively
Stacie Dively rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2015
gert
gert rated it it was ok
May 11, 2013
Sheena Uecker
Sheena Uecker rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2014
Jacqueline Fries Grube
Jacqueline Fries Grube rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Bev
Bev rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Jenny Osterhout
Jenny Osterhout rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2014
Molly Mccormick
Molly Mccormick rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Maybe Baby
  • KISS OF AN ANGEL
  • Safe From the Dark (Bright's Ferry, #1)
  • Perfect Misfits
  • Deadly Deception (A Deadly Novel, Book One)
  • Historical Romance Boxed Set: Of Noble Birth / Honor Bound
  • Devil in Disguise
  • Iced Romance
  • A Taste of Liberty (Task Force 125, #2)
  • Hearts Afire
  • Heart's Desire
  • Challenging Andie
  • Her Immortal Love
  • License to Thrill
  • Revenge Gifts (Revenge Gift Diaries #1)
  • Lucky Charm
  • Perfect Evil
  • Branded (Retribution, #1)
USA Today Bestselling and award-winning author Rita Herron fell in love with books at the ripe age of eight when she read her first Trixie Belden mystery. Although she wanted to be a writer then and actually scrawled her first novel at age twelve, she didn’t think real people grew up to be writers, so she became a kindergarten teacher instead. Ten years ago, she traded her classroom storytelling a ...more
More about Rita Herron...

Brides & Grooms (2 books)
  • Here Comes The Bride