There Goes the Groom

There Goes the Groom (Brides & Grooms #2)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A jilted bride is arrested at her wedding when her fiancé dumps her and goes on the lam!
Published December 10th 2012 by Beachside Reads

To ask other readers questions about There Goes the Groom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There Goes the Groom

Bex
Mar 06, 2014 Bex rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
This book to me felt rushed, and the characters were way under developed. It read like a script to a daytime soap. This author seems to have excellent ideas for her stories but doesnt take the time to pull you into the book and let you fall in love with the characters - they are to busy falling in love with each other in the first 5mins, I wish she spent the time (and pages) to really let the story play out instead of skimming it and everything being done in fast forward.
Mimi Barbour
Marci Turner who I absolutely adored was marrying Paul Pendergrass of the Charlton, South Carolina Pendergrass family. Or was he?? Marc’s Cinderella wedding turned into a nightmare when her groom ran off with the pastor and his best man before saying “I Do”, leaving her behind to take the rap for his scamming old people out of their retirement money. Good-looking detective Cade Muller is out to prove she was involved up to her voluptuous ahhh….neck. Except it’s pretty hard to prove something whe...more
Buttercup
The thought process is lacking, the detectives are not to inteligent and they dont use a decoy when thats an obvious solution. But the idea is wonderful.
Tammy
I love just about anything I can get my hands on by this author. Silly me, read this out of order. So now I need to go back and read the first one. This worked great as a stand alone book, but about half way through I figured out this was the next in a series. Instead of stopping to get the previous book I went ahead and finished it. Now I can't wait to read the previous one.

Good work yet again Ms. Rita! Bring on some more!
Elizabeth
OMG this book was hilarious. Also it was so overly out there I had no idea what was going to happen. I finished in one sitting and couldn't stop laughing. Some of the sentences were weird though and had repeating words in places but that could just be the kindle version regardless I was tickled by it.
Britta
Marci Turner wasn't always the “bright” twin but she’s the pretty one.... She's finally getting her life together and celebrating with the biggest, Cinderella-style wedding of the century...

Read the rest at my book blog.
Sandhya
Hmm....this is the second book of the Here comes the bride series......and it was just ok for me! I think ...i did not like Marci much...a bad first impression of her frm the first book...may be!!
Anyways....reading was simple and short!!
Dee

More farce than romance
Zany, melodramatic
Lots of crazy twists
Susan
Cute book, a few errors that I noted, though. (Some just spelling or grammar, a few story line issues that just had me going, "Huh?").
Betsy Harmon
3.5 stars. Great story. The ending was a little too "nice and tidy." Overall it was an entertaining read.
Katelyn
A good typical book for Rita Herron. I read it all in one go without any breaks.
Jkklarson
Cute freebie from Amazon.com
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
S.l.
S.l. added it
Aug 14, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Aeokie
Aeokie marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Fi
Fi marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Moretta (Meetta)
Moretta (Meetta) marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Phuong
Phuong marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
  • Maybe Baby
  • Safe From the Dark (Bright's Ferry, #1)
  • Gambling on Love (Travis Series #1)
  • Branded (Retribution, #1)
  • Cocoa and Chanel (Chanel, #1)
  • Save Me (Me, #2)
  • Kiss Of An Angel
  • Head Over Heels
  • Queenie Baby: On Assignment (Queenie Baby, #1)
  • Perfect Evil
  • Special Delivery (Hollywood Hills, #1)
  • Neighbors and More (High Rise #1)
  • Revenge Gifts (Revenge Gift Diaries #1)
  • Can't Stop Loving You (Loveswept, #727)
  • Spanking Ms. Whitman
  • Baking Bree
  • Deadly Business (Maid for Murder, #1)
  • Summer Lovin'
Marry Me, Maddie Sleepless in Savannah Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek #1) Husband Hunting 101 Here Comes The Bride