Start by marking “Seasons of Witchery: Celebrating the Sabbats with the Garden Witch” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Seasons of Witchery: C...

Ellen Dugan

Seasons of Witchery: Celebrating the Sabbats with the Garden Witch

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  14 reviews
In this charming book, award-winning author Ellen Dugan offers an intimate look at her personal practices and magickal life throughout the wheel of the year. Written with humor, warmth, and practicality, Ellen offers a fresh twist on ways to honor each season, along with insightful journal notes about her enchanted gardens. Her magickal lessons and stories about her own co ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Llewellyn Publications

To ask other readers questions about Seasons of Witchery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seasons of Witchery

Elizabeth
I really enjoyed this book! All of the information was great and written in a way that kept me interested. I really enjoyed the snarkiness of Ellen Dugan... I will definitely be checking out her other books.
Krista
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley

Very interesting read. A bit of history, lore and magic communicated in a style that is like a conversation with someone you know.
Rachel Hansen
I read this book hoping to find information on the meanings and folklore behind each sabbat, and ideas for seasonal activities and rituals that I could do to observe them. There was some of this in the book, but a lot of it seemed superficial and I felt like there was too much of a focus on the author's personal life. She tended to go on tangents that didn't seem relevant to what the book was actually supposed to be about. I think this book would have much more appeal for people with an avid int ...more
Love this book! I look at the coming sabbat every time to get ideas on how to celebrate.
Astrid
Interesting,but I still can't keep all the holidays separate. Never can remember which is beltane which is samhain and which is lughnasa. I'm hopeless!
Vintah Montoya
I love Ellen Dugan's work. This one left me slightly disappointed, however. I was hoping for more DIY ideas, recipes and rituals, and this book was simply Ms. Dugan relating her own stories and experiences. Lovely writing, to be sure, and I did get some fun ideas from her stories. I just wish there has been more how-to's included.
Sian Lile-Pastore
this is a lovely warm book - a personal journey through the wiccan year. It covers each sabbat with suggestions for rituals, plants and gardening, folklore, crystals and seasonal food. It has lots of suggestions and recipes that I'm going to try.
Carol
I enjoyed Dugan's latest, though at times the text was a bit repetitive. Not sure if I will keep going back to this the way I have with some of her others; time will tell.
Leannear24
it goes on about all the wiccan holidays and how you can celebrate them
as always she has even put some little stories of her own life which i think is great
Delilah Blu
Love It!! Good tips on gardening while enjoying the Sabbats. Good reference book to utilize over & over again as the Wheel of the Year never stops turning.
Larisa
Definitely must-buy two copies, one for me, one for a sister witch.
Elizabeth
A pleasant read with some useful tables of correspondences.
A Denise
A must have... For those interested or practicing.
Ellen
Excellent reference book. Exactly what I needed!
Rose M.
Rose M. marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
R.M. Watters
R.M. Watters marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Jesse S
Jesse S marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Rica
Rica is currently reading it
Apr 26, 2015
Lea
Lea marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Esther Crosbie
Esther Crosbie marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
WitchyLover
WitchyLover marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Daisy
Daisy marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Jenn
Jenn added it
Mar 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Candlemas: Feast of Flames
  • Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
  • Hedgewitch: Spells, Crafts & Rituals for Natural Magick
  • Power of the Witch
  • Midsummer: Magical Celebrations of the Summer Solstice
  • Solitary Wicca for Life: A Complete Guide to Mastering the Craft on Your Own
  • Sabbats: A Witch's Approach to Living the Old Ways
Ellen Dugan, is the award winning author known as the "Garden Witch". A psychic-clairvoyant, she has been a practicing Witch for over twenty-seven years. She is a Master Gardener, and teaches classes locally and online on Witchery, psychic development, and Magick. She is the author of the 16 non fiction books published by Llewellyn Worldwide. Legacy Of Magick is her first novel.

Visit her website
More about Ellen Dugan...
Natural Witchery: Intuitive, Personal & Practical Magick Cottage Witchery: Natural Magick for Hearth and Home Garden Witchery: Magick from the Ground Up Autumn Equinox: The Enchantment of Mabon Garden Witch's Herbal: Green Magick, Herbalism & Spirituality