Start by marking “Everyday Sun Magic: Spells & Rituals for Radiant Living” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Everyday Sun Magic: Sp...

Dorothy Morrison

Everyday Sun Magic: Spells & Rituals for Radiant Living

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The Sun impacts our lives like no other force in the universe. In addition to sustaining life on Earth, the potent energy of this mighty star can lend a powerful spark to daily magic.
Taking readers on a magical exploration of the Sun, Dorothy Morrison teaches how the Sun can be used as a viable magical tool. She gives in-depth information on the Sun's cultural and religio
Published May 1st 2012 by Llewellyn Publications (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Everyday Sun Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyday Sun Magic

Hilary
Not a bad book. Lots of history on the Sun which isn't the easiest thing to find. You'll find much more on the moon. Also includes some nice exercises.
Scarlet Blu
Morrison is definatly a Wiccan and the book works clearly from that perspective, but I was also rather suprised to find such a large amount on astrology... as a solar-centered witch myself, I have little or no interest in astrology, so the connection didn't make much sense to me, though it may be very helpful to others. (The parts about the rituals/celebrations for each sign of the zodiac kind of threw me for a loop... Do people actually throw such parties? Even if I was involved with an active ...more
Erin
This is the first book I've seen incorporating sun energy in to ritual. As an elemental witch, the sun has always been my greatest influence and this book was filled with light but useful information. A must read for any witch.
Patricia
Sun magic is the first in a two book sereis. This is Morrison's first attempt at writing specific spells, days, and color correspondences for specific times of the day.
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Amanda Blind
Amanda Blind marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Nicki
Nicki marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Alison Bunn
Alison Bunn marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Haley
Haley marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Bibliophile
Bibliophile marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Stephanie Vault
Stephanie Vault marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Kate Linahan
Kate Linahan marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Kimberly gulane
Kimberly gulane marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Sampada Amberkar
Sampada Amberkar marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Crissy Hughes
Crissy Hughes marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
  • Book of Witchery: Spells, Charms & Correspondences for Every Day of the Week
  • Sabbats: A Witch's Approach to Living the Old Ways
  • Divination for Beginners: Reading the Past, Present & Future
  • Buckland's Book of Saxon Witchcraft
  • Celebrate the Earth: A Year of Holidays in the Pagan Tradition
  • The Witch's Shield: Protection Magick and Psychic Self-Defense
  • Pagan Paths: A Guide to Wicca, Druidry, Asatru, Shamanism and Other Pagan Practices
  • Witch in the Kitchen: Magical Cooking for All Seasons
  • Craft of the Wild Witch: Green Spirituality & Natural Enchantment
  • The Good Spell Book: Love Charms, Magical Cures, and Other Practical Sorcery
  • Earth Magic: A Book of Shadows for Positive Witches
  • Your Book Of Shadows: How to Write Your Own Magickal Spells
  • Moon Magick: Myth & Magic, Crafts & Recipes, Rituals & Spells
  • The Pagan Book of Days: A Guide to the Festivals, Traditions, and Sacred Days of the Year
While some of you may know me as the author of Lucinda's Web, Everyday Magic, The Craft, Utterly Wicked and many other books, you probably don't know much else about me. And a good number of you probably have no earthly idea who I am at all. So, why not read a little further and let me introduce myself!

A native Texan, I now live in Virginia with my husband, Mark. I'm a Third Degree Wiccan High Pri
More about Dorothy Morrison...
The Craft: A Witch's Book of Shadows Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living Yule: A Celebration of Light & Warmth Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions Bud, Blossom, & Leaf: The Magical Herb Gardener's Handbook