Start by marking “Garden Witch's Herbal: Green Magick, Herbalism & Spirituality” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Garden Witch's Herbal:...

Ellen Dugan

Garden Witch's Herbal: Green Magick, Herbalism & Spirituality

Every Witch needs a little corner of the world to tend. Deepen your connection to the earth and watch your magickal skills blossom. Ellen Dugan presents a variety of ways to honor and work with the plant kingdom in this charming hands-on guide to green magick and spirituality. Designed to enhance any tradition or style of the Craft, this handy herbal reference provides the ...more
Published April 1st 2012 by Llewellyn Publications (first published May 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Garden Witch's Herbal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Garden Witch's Herbal

Stephanie
Nov 11, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-and-garden
I gather this herb for a magick spell,
Bring harm to none, may it turn out well.
By the powers of earth and air, fire and water,
I conjure up love, safety, money, health, and laughter.
By all the powers of three time three,
As I will it, then so must it be.
Nicole
Mar 14, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellen Dugan really knows her gardens and wild plants. I was very impressed with her knowledge and research and the time she put into writing this herbal. Not only does this book present common trees and plants to the garden witch, but it also goes into magical detail on wild plants such as wildflowers and lesser-known herbs and shrubs.

I thoroughly enjoyed how she breaks down each category, and how she applies each plant to the planets, days of the week, sabbats, etc. This herbal would make a gr
Laurie
Aug 15, 2013 Laurie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellen Dugan considers herself a garden/green witch, and so she uses a lot of plant material in her spells. She shares her knowledge, both horticultural and magickal in this volume.

This book, written after ‘Garden Witchery’, adds to what she presented there. In this one, she writes about being a green witch in the city, wildflowers and hedgerows, more magickal correspondence lists, flower & plant folklore, designing a garden with feng shui, and has beautiful drawings of plants. The only thin
Jen
May 14, 2017 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy Ellen's book, so it was no surprise that I gained a ton of useful information that I am currently applying to my own garden. I loved her ideas for the themes and the information (esp metaphysical) on the plants exceeded my expectations.
Rachel Parent
I think I will find this book very helpful when it comes to making my plantings this year! My favourite chapter was the one on hedgerows, which, thanks to this book, I now want to research much more. The chapters on wildflowers and trees were also favourites of mine. I appreciate that Dugan emphasized the need to connect with nature as central to understanding yourself and your beliefs (whatever those may be).

One wish I have is that Dugan would have left out the anecdotes included for "humour".
Hannah
Feb 28, 2012 Hannah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this, and have already marked down the next book I want to read by Ellen.

I learned a lot about herbs, which was the main reason I bought the book, and will definitely be reading it over and over again as the years go one so I can perfect my gardens and, specifically, my herb gardens.
Rose
Nov 11, 2013 Rose rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A descent look at the folklore and modern magickal look at plants. The gardening sections are very well done, especially for a complete beginner (which I am not).
Dottie Joe
Mar 21, 2016 Dottie Joe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and easy to read for individuals wanting to learn or understand Herbalism and Spirituality,
Courteney
Dec 22, 2013 Courteney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has a lot of good information. It's written from a personal perspective with the research Ellen has done and it's an excellent beginning herbal for anyone.
Monica
Oct 25, 2009 Monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book five stars does not do justice for Ellens work she is amazing!!
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Dion
Dion rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2011
Zaida Gomez-panozzo
Zaida Gomez-panozzo rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2012
Marina Fournier
Marina Fournier rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2017
Melissa Collingham
Melissa Collingham rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2012
angela k wurtz
angela k wurtz rated it liked it
May 03, 2016
lilith Rox
lilith Rox rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Jennifer Barton
Jennifer Barton rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2012
David
David rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2012
Katy
Katy rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2013
Astrid
Astrid rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Deb
Deb rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2016
LA Edwards
LA Edwards rated it really liked it
May 15, 2014
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2012
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2012
Vera
Vera rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Brandie
Brandie rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Tim Jacquard
Tim Jacquard rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
  • The Wicca Garden: A Modern Witch's Book of Magickal and Enchanted Herbs and Plants
  • Bud, Blossom, & Leaf: The Magical Herb Gardener's Handbook
  • The Way of the Hedge Witch: Rituals and Spells for Hearth and Home
  • The Master Book of Herbalism
  • Magical Housekeeping: Simple Charms & Practical Tips for Creating a Harmonious Home
  • Craft of the Wild Witch: Green Spirituality & Natural Enchantment
  • Midsummer: Magical Celebrations of the Summer Solstice
  • Magical Herbalism: The Secret Craft of the Wise (Llewellyn's Practical Magick Series)
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
  • The Outer Temple of Witchcraft: Circles, Spells, and Rituals (Temple of Witchcraft, #2)
  • The Goddess is in the Details: Wisdom for the Everyday Witch
  • A Witch Alone: Thirteen Moons to Master Natural Magic
  • Witch in the Kitchen: Magical Cooking for All Seasons
  • Embracing the Moon: A Witch's Guide to Rituals, Spellcraft and Shadow Work
  • A Druid's Herbal for the Sacred Earth Year
  • Candlemas: Feast of Flames
Ellen Dugan, is the award winning author known as the "Garden Witch". A psychic-clairvoyant, she has been a practicing Witch for over twenty-seven years. She is a Master Gardener, and teaches classes locally and online on Witchery, psychic development, and Magick. She is the author of the 16 non fiction books published by Llewellyn Worldwide. Legacy Of Magick is her first novel.

Visit her website
More about Ellen Dugan...