Start by marking “Book of Witchery: Spells, Charms & Correspondences for Every Day of the Week” as Want to Read:
Book of Witchery: Spells, Charms & Correspondences for Every Day of the Week

Book of Witchery: Spells, Charms & Correspondences for Every Day of the Week

Witchery isn't limited to the sabbats and to the occasional full moon; magick happens every day. In this treasury of enchantments, spells and witchery, popular author Ellen Dugan presents her personal grimoire of magick essentials to keep you happily conjuring seven days a week! Formerly available as 7 Days of Magic, new and advanced material has more than doubled the witc ...more
Published March 8th 2012 by Llewellyn Publications (first published October 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Book of Witchery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Book of Witchery

Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
Rating: 2.5 to 3 stars

Need to be reviewed.

EDIT:

Yeah, this author is not for me. I am going to post a link to a ranty review I wrote. I read the rest of the ebooks I have of hers, and sad to say it never improves. That is why I took forever to review this, and I didn't mention the other books, because meh and blah.

I'm 300% done with this writer. BYE.

Julia C.
Jan 27, 2012 Julia C. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so I'm a fan of Ms. Dugan, but I'm only a third of the way into this book and I already love it. This is coming from a 20 year practitioner: I don't agree with her 100%, though I'd say I'm 98.5% on the same metaphorical page as she. I adore her practical approach to The Craft, and I love that every book I pick up of hers, this one included, teaches me something new. So many other authors and books spout off the same old status quo stuff, but Ellen Dugan is an inspirational, creative maven. ...more
Felicia
Jun 28, 2011 Felicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ellen Dugan just gets better and better with every book she puts out! This book is a must-have for the benefit of having a wealth of correspondence information at hand! Ellen stresses the importance of knowing your correspondences in order to pack the most powerful and effective punch in your spellwork and to have as much of these correspondences memorized so as to create a greater ease in your own practice. An absolutely wonderful book!
Charity
Sep 28, 2016 Charity rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witch
Liked this book overall, but I wished there was more in it about Celtic gods/goddesses.
Jessica
Jul 26, 2016 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Like other easily dismissed books in the genre, an unhealthy combo of rules with no references. No real links to folkloric foundations or analysis of the power structures inherent in these.

Could be better set out with stronger internal referencing etc. However not too badly written (although I tired quickly of the stunningly attractive and helpful deities in her meditations).

May be a good primer for some interested in a broad overview of modern and *very* commercial witchcraft but I'm sure the
Ilyssa
Jan 15, 2013 Ilyssa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any practicing Pagan/Witch
Shelves: pagan-witchcraft
A great read for any Witch, whether you're a novice or an advanced practitioner. Her conversational writing style is so refreshing, and this book is chock full of information that will do wonders for sprucing up your craft.
Monica
Jun 05, 2012 Monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so far amazing. It comes from Ellens other book 7 Days of Magick but this volume has more then double the info so its worth reading!!
Leannear24
Sep 10, 2012 Leannear24 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicca
this was full of useful information
and even spells and meditations that you can do for each day of the week
Crystal Hilton
Apr 26, 2012 Crystal Hilton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyon
I really love Ellen Dugan Books especially this one. It gives you good references and notes to help you make your own material. I recommend this book to everyone.
Elizabeth Elyse
Jun 19, 2010 Elizabeth Elyse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
well laid out. Easy to read. some of the recipes are not listed in the index in the back for reference, but that is what post-its are for. Organized by day of the week. This is a great reference.
Dene
Dene rated it really liked it
May 03, 2015
Tracy Dobbs
Tracy Dobbs rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2011
Harlee Keinzley
Harlee Keinzley rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
H A
H A rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2010
Pamela
Pamela rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2012
Taylour
Taylour rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Wynn Wyllow
Wynn Wyllow rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Ashley Day
Ashley Day rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2015
Kilianna Scott
Kilianna Scott rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2012
Reema
Reema rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Joshua Mitchell
Joshua Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2014
Jennifer rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2015
Paige
Paige rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Gemstone
Gemstone rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2012
Kait
Kait rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Ellen
Feb 27, 2015 Ellen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Learned a ton from reading this book! Very well organized.
April
April rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2012
  • Bud, Blossom, & Leaf: The Magical Herb Gardener's Handbook
  • Magical Housekeeping: Simple Charms & Practical Tips for Creating a Harmonious Home
  • Craft of the Wild Witch: Green Spirituality & Natural Enchantment
  • Midsummer: Magical Celebrations of the Summer Solstice
  • The Way of the Hedge Witch: Rituals and Spells for Hearth and Home
  • The Wicca Garden: A Modern Witch's Book of Magickal and Enchanted Herbs and Plants
  • Candlemas: Feast of Flames
  • Everyday Witch A to Z: An Amusing, Inspiring & Informative Guide to the Wonderful World of Witchcraft
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
  • Beltane: Springtime Rituals, Lore & Celebration
  • Your Book Of Shadows: How to Write Your Own Magickal Spells
  • Ostara: Customs, Spells & Rituals for the Rites of Spring
  • Embracing the Moon: A Witch's Guide to Rituals, Spellcraft and Shadow Work
  • A Witch Alone: Thirteen Moons to Master Natural Magic
  • Witch in the Kitchen: Magical Cooking for All Seasons
  • The Magical Household: Spells & Rituals for the Home
Ellen Dugan, is the award winning author known as the "Garden Witch". A psychic-clairvoyant, she has been a practicing Witch for over twenty-seven years. She is a Master Gardener, and teaches classes locally and online on Witchery, psychic development, and Magick. She is the author of the 16 non fiction books published by Llewellyn Worldwide. Legacy Of Magick is her first novel.

Visit her website
More about Ellen Dugan...