Start by marking “Weight Training for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Weight Training for Du...

Georgia Rickard

Weight Training for Dummies

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Feel strong, toned and terrific with the latest moves in strength trainingWhether you're a beginner who doesn't know a barbell from a chocolate bar, a fitness junkie looking to expand your knowledge on weight training, or you're recovering from an injury and need to rebuild strength, this book is for you. Find out how to use exercise machines and weights at the gym and des ...more
Published July 15th 2011 by For Dummies (first published May 15th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Weight Training for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weight Training for Dummies

Diane
A good comprehensive guide for the beginner. This book covers free weights as well as weight machines and even includes a chapter (too brief, I thought) on pilates and yoga. The book cannot take the place of working with an experienced trainer but would be a great supplement.
Levent Bayindir
Good overview on weight training. It has enough information to start your own home workout (both for planning and implementation). Additionally, it touches topics like nutrition and yoga in relation to weight training very lightly.
Ben
Excellent beginners guide. Filled in a lot of holes left by advisers at all the gyms I've been to. No matter how many questions you think to ask, there will always be plenty more you don't know to ask - this book really helps with that!
Leslie
I got this in December and by mid-January had injured my shoulder joints, and am still getting physiotherapy 9 months later. Dummy is the truth, I should never have considered lifting weights!
Travis
I guess I confused "for Dummies" with "for skinnies" and thought I'd need this. It was helpful to learn that my grading system for myself can have a sliding scale of what exactly "fitness" means.
Sigrid Ellis
This is a practical book giving the basics of working out with weights. If you want to do that, this is a good book to get you started or provide guidance to various machines and routines.
Atti
Despite the title, a very good introduction into weight training and fitness. Recommended for anyone who is thinking of lifting weights.
Linda
I refer back to it often. My husband is now using it. Good pictures for clarification.
Amy Sjoquist
on page 89, will finish later
Kathryn
Very helpful for a beginner.
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Jessica Brasher
Jessica Brasher marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Alaska
Alaska marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Gian Santiago
Gian Santiago marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Bill Kunis
Bill Kunis marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Elen Deise
Elen Deise marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
 SaЯRah Muhammad
SaЯRah Muhammad marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Fitness for Dummies
  • Yoga For Dummies
  • Ultimate Fitness: The Quest for Truth about Health and Exercise
  • Gardening For Dummies
  • Logic For Dummies (For Dummies (Math & Science))
  • Genetics For Dummies
  • Dating for Dummies
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Yoga Illustrated
  • Nutrition for Dummies
  • Strength Training Anatomy
  • Eating Clean For Dummies (For Dummies (Health & Fitness))
  • Economics For Dummies