Start by marking “Seducing Simon” as Want to Read:
Seducing Simon

Seducing Simon

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  6,291 Ratings  ·  308 Reviews
One fateful night, Toni Langston seduces her best friend, the guy she's been in love with forever. Two problems-he doesn't remember a thing that happened and now she's pregnant. Toni Langston has been in love with Simon, her best friend, for years. The night Simon breaks up with his long time girlfriend, he and Toni make love. Toni is devastated and humiliated when, in the ...more
Trade Paperback, 211 pages
Published September 1st 2006 by Samhain Publishing (first published June 6th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Seducing Simon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seducing Simon

seton
Jun 16, 2009 seton rated it it was ok

Toni, our heroine, has been in lurve with Simon the Stud . . . ly Fireman forever. One night, she catches Simon drunk and on the rebound and has drunken (but orgasmic all the same) sex with him. Simon was so friggin’ drunk that he doesnt even remember that he took Toni’s maidenhead the morning after. Except, ooops, Toni the Stupid Virgin was not on the pill and is now preggers. What’s a gal to do?

At 202 pages, this book reads like a reject from the Harlequin Presents line. It would have to be re
Seducing Simon is a standalone, adult contemporary romance novel written by author Maya Banks. I chose to listen to this simple romance due to the fairly short length of the audiobook which was pretty perfect for my tasks for the day. The synopsis sounded sexy with just the right amount of drama to keep it interesting and it was for the most part. There's a friends-to-lovers romance, lots of anxiety and secrecy, a touch of drama involving an ex, and a hold-your-breath climax near the end. Of cou ...more
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 3.25 "Cute & Sexy Friends to Lovers Story" Hearts!! :D
Dina
Mar 13, 2009 Dina rated it did not like it
This book was too boring and predictable. I could hardly keep turning the pages, so... I just gave up. After reading Toni´s pathetic - and so overused in Romancelandia that it had my eyeballs rolling - attempt at seducing Simon with a dress makeover, I decided enough was enough.
Christine
How could I ever forget about a gem like this. I have had this book since 2010 and my what a read it is!

It has everything you need! Humour! A sexy fireman! An unplanned pregnancy! Hotness! And so much more.

You will fall in love with this little read.

Simon...Babe...Hunny Booboo... You have set me on fire! I am in definite need of assistance!

I would definitely have your babies!

description

Seriously anyone in the mood for a novel that's steamy and has an unrequited love interest - THIS IS FOR YOU!
Jacqueline
Dec 10, 2015 Jacqueline rated it liked it
I love the set up for this - she's been in love with him for years, he only sees her as his best friend's little sister. She comforts him by seducing him into givng her one when he's heartbroken and drunk one night and not only does he call her by his ex's name, but also he doesn't remember doing the deed with her. Then she realises she's up the duff.

Oops.

I didn't exactly get the feels from this, it might have been the third person narrative style, Idk, but I wished a couple of times as I was re
Lynsey A
Jan 12, 2010 Lynsey A rated it liked it
Recommended to Lynsey A by: from an Amazon.com discussion
***a few minor spoilers***

This was my first book by Maya Banks. The pregnancy theme is one of my favorites in romance which is what prompted me to pick up this book.

I liked the main characters, I just didn't love them, didn't feel their love story. It all seemed a bit "meh" to me. I expected a little more passion between the two of them and the love scene really just fell kind of flat to me.

Also, I thought A.J.'s character was a bit annoying. His jokes were meant to be funny but they just seeme
Jenn
Jun 10, 2015 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jenn by: Lindsay

3.75 Stars

I truly enjoyed this "secret daddy" pregnancy book. It was a quick read that kept me glued to it.It was perfect for what I needed to read at the time and filled my book void.

Toni lives with three guys- her brother and his friends- but secretly has been crushing on one of them, Simon. She gets a shot at him one night, problem is, he can't remember the whole night. She ends up pregnant and not sure what to do. However, she's in love with Simon and decides to come up with a plan to win
Kristan
Sep 30, 2012 Kristan rated it really liked it
so i gave this book 4 stars and heres why

*few spoilers*

okay so you already know whats going to happen in this book because of the description
one night one of tonis best friends Simon comes home kinda drunk then continues to drink so Toni takes the once in a lifetime opportunity seeing as shes been in love with him forever and sleeps with him losing her virginity to him and everything except he calls her by his ex-girlfriends name and doesn't remember in the morning so she decides to let it go
Ellie
Feb 17, 2010 Ellie rated it it was ok
I didn't sleep last night. Not because this book was so good that I couldn't wait to finish it, let me make that clear. But at about 5 am I stumbled across a copy of this, started it and a few hours later was done. With it. Forever.

There were not memorable lines or characters I could relate to and the ending left much to be desired (people don't have to almost die for others to realize what they feel for them!).

The story started all well and good, right away being a tad bit scandalous but it wa
Tracy
Jul 29, 2011 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had to think about how to rate this book. I went with 5 stars because I really did love it. I was glued to the pages (er...um, screen). But that doesn't mean I couldn't spot a couple of faults. I just loved it in spite of them.

Sometimes the dialogue got a bit corny. And sometimes Simon bordered very heavily on TSTL. But despite all of that, I was hooked on the emotional journey.

I felt that Toni's actions were realistic and justified. And if Simon was quick to judge her, that just means his gro
Lemon
"You're an idiot, Simon." Truly, me thinks 'twas was the best part about this book and the only part worth my time reading. Talk about a jerk royalle. May this fictional story serve as a real-life lesson for all us gals and boys: please, don't fall for someone with a negative I.Q. No good can come of it.

And the brother should have been disowned. And the heroine really needed to take a TSTL relief pill. And what is up with that cover? Ugh.
Belle Aurora
Mar 25, 2013 Belle Aurora rated it it was amazing
This was the first real adult/erotica book i'd ever read and loved it
Penny Watson
Jan 18, 2010 Penny Watson rated it liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author. She is an excellent storyteller...right from the start I was engrossed by the premise for this book and tore through it to find out what would happen. I also think she did a fantastic job describing the emotional POV of the heroine. But the way things played out at the end of this book killed it for me. First of all, there were too many typos (confident and confidant...how about using spell check???), the ending was horribly abrupt and ...more
Lindsay
Nov 16, 2012 Lindsay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve had my eye on this book for quite a while. So, I decided to splurge and buy it.

This was everything I thought it would be. A great friends-to-lovers book, plus the hero (Simon) was Toni’s brother’s best friend. Those relationship dynamics are always fun.

My only complaint came toward the end of the book. I was on board throughout the whole story until Toni and Simon had a huge fight. I was even fine with him being a jerk. What I didn’t like was how as soon as he said “sorry” she took him ba
Jacqueline
Fun little book. Sweet heroine and clueless hero. All in all it unfolded in a pretty seamless way. Classic romance story telling. I need to check and see if any of the other men in the book have their own stories.
Melanie♥
Aug 01, 2013 Melanie♥ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars for the story.
1 star for the narrator.

I read this years ago and liked it. No idea now why I would have liked it so much before.
I struggled to finish this audio version, but audiobooks are pricey and I made myself listen to the whole thing.

If there had not been a narrator's name listed on the packaging, I would have sworn this was a result of a text to voice program. No emotion at all. It just about put me to sleep and that is not good when driving!

Me_LissaH
Feb 07, 2016 Me_LissaH rated it liked it
Shelves: maya-banks
This book was like a little soap opera i had so much fun reading this one. Toni gets knocked up by one of her brother's best friends Simon who she's been in love with like forever, but wait Simon has no idea that he slept with his best friend little sister because he was so drunk when it happened. How does she tell him about the baby when he doesn't remember their night together.
Joletta
Okay, this book has been in my TBR pile for a while. I was torn. Anything by Maya Banks is great, but a secret pregnancy...really, I mean seriously. And so Seducing Simon languished near the bottom of the pile, patiently waiting for me to come to my senses. Of course, as I read this book little snippets like; oh ye of little faith floated through my mind.

Toni lives with her brother and their two best friends (I know, that's what I thought, just breathe through it and remember that it's a Maya B
maggieandteddy
I'm so surprised at how much I liked this book!
The premise is so much like a Jerry Springer episode-except regular, normal people are involved. LOL
Anyway.... Toni is living with her brother Matt and his firefighter buddies A.J. and Simon. Toni has been secretly in love with Simon since forever. She's afraid to tell him and knows that he just sees her as a friend.
Simon has just broken up with his cheating girlfriend. He comes home and gets drunk. Apparently he's a light-weight so it doesn't take
Amanda Sheila
OH MY GAWD! :O *speechless*

Antonia or Toni, is living with her older brother, Matt and his two bestfriends, Simon and A. J. after her parents gone. She's content and happy, mostly because she's having a big crush to Simon. Until one day, she find out that she's pregnant. With Simon's child.
Simon, betrayed by Starla, his long time girlfriend, gone drinking and when he come home, he see Toni. And everything went blur.

I. Have. Nothing. To say. But. WOW. Seducing Simon is everything I want in book
Layeshia Riddick
Simon and Toni's Love journey. Toni lives with Simon and two other male roommates one of which is her brother They all get along very well the only problem is ...Toni loves Simon. and Simon has no idea. Toni wants to tell Simon that she loves him or at least wants to have a relationship with him but the timing is never right. Then one night all the stars align and they hook up. The only problem is on this fateful night Simon breaks up with his girlfriend gets drunk and has unprotected sex with ...more
P.A. Lupton
Oct 25, 2013 P.A. Lupton rated it really liked it

This is one of Maya Banks better books, in my opinion. Some of her newer books seem to be heavy on the sex scenes and a little lighter on the story, this one was not. This was actually a very sweet romance and I found myself getting teary eyed in a few spots.

The premise of the story is cute. I like the past history between Tony and Simon. They are close friends first, and their feelings for one another come later. Tony has always known she loved Simon, but it took him a bit longer to realize his
MountainKat
*3.5 Stars*

Why is it sometimes you are reading a story and you think that shouldn't work or I hate when that happens but you still like the story and want everything to turn out right in the end? Yeah, this was one of those... So many of the things that happen in this book usually irk me, but this time they didn't. I wasn't too upset when she didn't tell him, I understood why. I wasn't too upset when he got really angry with her, who wouldn't. And even though the end was too simple I liked it an
Darcy
This one frustrated me. I had a hard time buying into no one knowing Toni's feelings for Simon. She doesn't strike me as the type of person who would be able to keep that hidden. My other issues was when Toni's secret came out. I knew it was going to be bad, knew Simon would be upset, but didn't think that everyone would turn against her. I actually liked that after a bit AJ was the voice of reason, liked it even better when slimy Mike gave all three of them the smack down, especially Matt, ...more
Ann
Sep 24, 2012 Ann rated it liked it
Meh. I usually like Maya Banks stories but this one was just okay. Might have given it a 4 star rating if Simon hadn't used the endearment "little minx". GAG!!! REALLY?!? What guy ever says that? Sorry, that’s one I just can’t handle. The story overall had that harlequin feel to it which is another detractor factor for me.
Audrey Carlan
Jan 11, 2016 Audrey Carlan rated it liked it
A sweet read. Not what I've come to expect from Maya Banks but it would be great for readers that enjoy sweet contemporary romance.
Jen
Oct 22, 2008 Jen rated it liked it
3.5 There were warning all over the back about how steamy this was going to be and it just wasn't. Still a cute story.
Dee
It was an ok read that reminded me of a Harlequin story.
Jenee -Jenee's Book Blog
Aug 07, 2013 Jenee -Jenee's Book Blog rated it it was amazing

Seducing Simon by Maya Banks
Rated: 5 Stars
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Purchase Seducing Simon

This was the first book I ever read with a firefighter as the hero, and is still one of my top 5 favorites. Maya Banks is an incredible writer. She has a way of making you feel every single emotion her main characters are feeling without having to tell the reader what they are feeling. I don’t want to be told how sad a character is, I want to feel how sad that character is and Maya Banks accomplishes this
The World of Maya...: Seducing Simon 3 22 Dec 09, 2013 04:46PM
What's The Name o...: girl has sex with roommate, he forgets and she ends up pregnant. [s] 3 88 Oct 13, 2011 04:04PM
Maya Banks Giveaway! Sept 24th- Oct 4th! 1 22 Sep 25, 2009 02:14PM
  • Her Best Friend's Lover
  • Dirty Deeds
  • Anything for You (It's All About Attitude #6)
  • Ride the Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #5)
  • A Mutual Favor
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • A Marine for Christmas
  • Firsts
  • Night is Darkest (Men in Blue, #1)
  • Erotic Research (Black and White Collection, #1)
  • To Do List (Bettencourt Brothers, #1)
  • Nothing Personal
  • What Price Paradise
  • Submission & Seduction (Bound Hearts, #2-3)
  • Wild Borders (Wild, #4)
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • A Kiss for Luck
  • Finding Strength
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...

“No. I don’t regret it. It wasn’t the right thing to do, but I don’t regret it.
- Toni”
13 likes
“If you don’t stay away from her I’ll rearrange that pretty face of yours.
- Simon”