Start by marking “El diccionario del mago” as Want to Read:
El diccionario del mago

El diccionario del mago

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,019 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews
Conoce todas las claves del Universo de Harry Potter.
¿Cómo obtuvo la piedra filosofal su poder? ¿Es posible encontrar un basilisco en la actualidad? ¿Quién llevó la primera capa de invisibilidad? Millones de lectores han quedado cautivados por toda la magia, los hechizos y los animales mitológicos que constituyen el sorprendente mundo de Harry Potter. Sin embargo, lo que
Published September 28th 2002 by Ediciones B (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about El diccionario del mago, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El diccionario del mago

Eric Boot
It was pretty good, not outstanding or so. It contained interesting background information and fun facts every Potterhead (meeeee!!) would love. Also, there were some nice historic facts and it was very interesting to see how aspects from Harry Potter can also be seen in world's history. It only was a little boring and clearly NOT written by JK. If you're a big Potterfan you could have a try but sth like Quidditch Through the Ages or Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is way better.
Titty
Aug 25, 2012 Titty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
YOU GUYS, I LOVE THIS BOOK!
As you may know (or may not know), I'm completely obsessed with Harry Potter so when this book came out I immediately bought it.I think I didn't even know what it was about!
It was so interesting for me to read about mythical creatures, Harry Potter-related school subjects and magical objects.I even forced my friends to buy it so we could pretend that we were students at Hogwarts (don't blame me, I was only 12, I think).
It's truly a very fascinating read and whenever I
Lula
Feb 05, 2012 Lula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lula by: Magali
Shelves: mythology
This it's a really good book that sums up all the mythology we can found in Harry Potter's book. It's really interesting.
Erika
Jun 24, 2012 Erika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
A well researched compilation of different cultures' lore on creatures, characters and practices mentioned on the Harry Potter series. I read this book for the first time almost ten years ago and it was a nice, friendly introduction to folklore and interesting historical information on how magic was regarded in past times, all this with illustrations to aid younger readers get a better idea of what the text is referring to. I reread this book after all these years and I still find it enjoyable, ...more
PurplyCookie
Harry Potter's fantastic world of magic has its roots in true history, mythology, and folklore; father-daughter team Allan Zola Kronzek and Elizabeth Kronzek have now made this wealth of astonishing information available to Muggles in their "A Sorcerer's Companion: A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter". From astrology to Grindylow to reading tea leaves to witch persecution, this fascinating volume gets to the bottom of every magical mystery connected with Hogwarts.

It's an invaluable com
Coleccionista de finales tristes
Este libro salió cuando Todavía estaba el fenómeno de Harry Potter y la verdad es que es mejor que el de Criaturas mágicas de la propia Creadora de Harry.
Crystal
I am a Harry Potter geek. Get over it. I love those books and I love this one because it's really really cool. And I'm equally cool for having read it. If you think otherwise, I suspect it's jealousy and I forgive you.
Miss Abernathy
Recuerdo tener 11 años y haber suplicado a mi padre que comprara este libro porque hacía referencias a Harry Potter.

Cuando lo tuve en mis manos lo devoré prácticamente, lo leía una y otra vez.
Christian Brown
This book looks at the world of magic from a educational perspective framed in the world of Harry Potter. It gives the historical background for many of the things in the Harry Potter world in a brief, encyclopedic way. It gets 3 stars simply because it barely scratches the surface, but, for a person with simply a cursory interest in the magical world, it is a very useful and educational book.
Maria Jaramillo
Sep 21, 2015 Maria Jaramillo rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Para los amantes de harry potter, como yo, es hermoso encontrar algo asi, sin embargo no trata los temas especificos de los libros si no mas bien de los mitos en general y como se generaron, lo cual es muy interesante. Pero no me aporto algo mas.
Particle_Person
While not actually a horrible book, this didn't contain many facts that I didn't know already. I suppose it depends on who the book is read by — I might have gotten more from it at age 12 than at age 28 (when I read it a bunch of years ago). If you're reasonably fluent in mythology and so forth, you won't learn much.
Tessa
Jun 28, 2011 Tessa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another library whim . . . as immersed as we are in the world of HP right now! I even find myself intrigued by the HP-land at Disney World! I blew through this book pretty quickly as it was easy to skim like an encyclopedia. Very enjoyable!
Angélica
Very informative and interesting. This got me even more interested in Harry Potter, and helped introduce me to myths, legends, and fairy tales from other countries (I read an earlier edition when I was in first year high school).
Natalie
The Sorcerer's Companion is a great introductory guide to the mythological allusions in the Harry Potter series. Framed like an encyclopedia, it features information from different cultures on a variety of topics, including the Sorcerer's Stone, basilisks, amulets, and grindylows. It's a great companion to the series but also a fun - and informative - way to introduce Harry Potter fans to the mythology behind the series, told in a way that's interesting even to kids (I read this at eleven and at ...more
Anna xayavongsa
May 26, 2014 Anna xayavongsa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In harry potter and the sorcerer's stone,harry an orphan, lives with the dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and thier abominable son, dudley. harry potter series is about fantasy that use a lot of magic, i like to watch and read this movie very much,when i read i feeling enjoy. one day just before this eleventh birthdays an owl tries to deliver a mysterious letter, the first of event of sequence of events that end in harry meeting a giant man named hagrid. hagrid explains harry's history to ...more
Ashley
Sep 08, 2015 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book!
Carly
Jan 09, 2015 Carly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is so fun! I got a signed copy as a birthday gift when I was a kid and loved it. It gives you tons of information about a lot of the creatures and concepts in the Harry Potter books. Great illustrations. You can also use it to do a few "spells" of your own! My sister and I used to love to do tea leaf reading based on the examples in this book. A great read for the Harry Potter fan in your life.
Devon Forest
Aug 24, 2015 Devon Forest rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I skimmed through parts of it, but it was really interesting to see where all the myths originated from. I liked seeing the variations of different species (I guess that's what you call them: elves, goblins, dragons, etc…) from different parts of the world. It was a fascinating read since I haven't read too much about the origins of myths much.
Nicholas Doran
Seeing as this book was not optioned nor produced by J.K. Rowling, I was hesitant to attain it. But I was thoroughly glad I did for it does give insight into the magical world behind Harry Potter. Although it does not emit the charm Rowling's writing does, it's still very enjoyable. Definitely get this if you enjoyed the HP series.
Olivia Fisher
Jan 11, 2016 Olivia Fisher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THE SORCERER'S COMPANION is a very helpful guidebook to the magical world of fantasy and HARRY POTTER -- particularly for the curious writer. With the help of THE SORCERER'S COMPANION, readers can learn all about banshees, phoenixes, basilisks, Merlin, and other figures and beings of legend.
Nina
Aug 20, 2014 Nina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you liked the Harry Potter series, this book is a beautiful insight in how the world of magic is connected to our own; through history, legends and cultures... A sort of a scientific view on creatures and notions throughout the first four books of Harry Potter series.
Natalia Coronado
May 19, 2015 Natalia Coronado rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Que manera más bonita de regresar en el tiempo y recordar a todas esas criaturas que en alguno momento nos emocionaron y nos hicieron investigar un poco más sobre ellas, en este libro se aprenden muchísimas cosas pero es ese hecho el que hace que las entradas se tornen un poco largas, lo que me hizo dudar en la calificación, las entradas se tornan repetitivas y eso me desanimo un poco, pero las imágenes y la calidad de la edición es hermosa.
Diana
Oct 30, 2015 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book if you're interested in the historical background of creatures, persons, magic in generall, and more stuff that appears in Harry Potter!
Ayelén Glasswen
Mar 28, 2015 Ayelén Glasswen rated it liked it
Es bastante divertido para prestar atención a detalles interesantes que durante la trama pueden pasar desapercibidos.
Dec 26, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best thing about this book by far was its collection of strange beliefs that people have had and customs they have observed. For instance, it was thought that church bells would prevent witches from flying. At least one town in Germany ordered all churches to constantly ring their bells from dusk to dawn to prevent witches from flying then.

At first, I was a little bummed that there wasn't more about the origins of the Harry Potter character names (because the book has the most entries about
Wendy
Jan 16, 2016 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a good reference but needs to be updated to include final books.
Evanille
Me sirve mucho de referencia para cuando escribo fantasia
Geneviève Decock
Hm, I love Harry Potter, but I don't really like this book.
Marijo Alvarez
Sep 22, 2014 Marijo Alvarez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
:D Genial para entender todo este mundo!
Karla
May 12, 2014 Karla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mucha información sobre criaturas mágicas!!!
  • Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter: Analysis of Books 1-4
  • Fact, Fiction, and Folklore in Harry Potter's World: An Unofficial Guide
  • Mapping the World of Harry Potter: Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Explore the Bestselling Series of All Time
  • An Unofficial Muggle's Guide to the Wizarding World: Exploring the Harry Potter Universe
  • Unlocking Harry Potter: Five Keys for the Serious Reader
  • Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter
  • The Science of Harry Potter: How Magic Really Works
  • Who Killed Albus Dumbledore?: What Really Happened in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? Six Expert Harry Potter Detectives Examine the Evidenc
  • MuggleNet.com's What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Falls in Love and How Will the Adventure Finally End?
  • Harry Potter and History
  • Repotting Harry Potter: A Professor's Book-by-Book Guide for the Serious Re-Reader
  • The End of Harry Potter?
  • Mugglenet.com's Harry Potter Should Have Died: Controversial Views from the #1 Fan Site
  • The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter: A Treasury of Myths, Legends, and Fascinating Facts
  • Conversations with J.K. Rowling
  • The Psychology of Harry Potter: An Unauthorized Examination Of The Boy Who Lived
  • The Wisdom of Harry Potter: What Our Favorite Hero Teaches Us About Moral Choices
  • The Ultimate Harry Potter and Philosophy: Hogwarts for Muggles