Start by marking “One Tuesday Morning/Beyond Tuesday Morning” as Want to Read:
One Tuesday Morning/Beyond Tuesday Morning

One Tuesday Morning/Beyond Tuesday Morning

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  1,814 ratings  ·  67 reviews
Presents a compilation of One Tuesday Morning and Beyond Tuesday Morning SC.
Published July 25th 2006 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about One Tuesday Morning/Beyond Tuesday Morning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Tuesday Morning/Beyond Tuesday Morning

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Christian Fiction
146th out of 1,717 books — 2,082 voters
The Clay Lion by Amalie JahnWaterfall by Lisa Tawn BergrenThere You'll Find Me by Jenny B. JonesEdna in the Desert by Maddy LedermanRedeeming Love by Francine Rivers
YA Christian Romances
21st out of 99 books — 89 voters

More lists with this book...

Trisha  Wilson
I absolutely love Karen Kingsbury's writing! Out of all of her books, though, this series is my absolute favorite. I could not put it down till I turned that last page. My heart ached for Jamie & Sierra, with what they were going through. It brought memories of 9/11 crashing back so fast that I found myself crying throughout the majority of the 1st book, "One Tuesday Morning", and, then again while reading "Beyond Tuesday Morning". Mrs. Kingsbury has a way of writing a story that makes you f ...more
Mary Oddi O'Brien
** I know I am not doing as many book reviews as I would like but I am proud to say that after 3 years of trying to have a baby, we are PREGNANT! So with that being said, I have been very tired!**

According to Goodreads:

Based on the tragedy of the Twin Towers ... two powerful novels of heroism, loss, and redemption by New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury. ONE TUESDAY MORNING. The last thing Jake Bryan knew was the sound of the World Trade Center collapsing on top of him and his fello
Sheila
The first of these books, One Tuesday Morning was a great way of learning to understand about 9/11 although perhaps not a book to read late at night in bed! However, the author writes with such faith, realism and understanding that you can feel the pain of those involved in the tragedy almost as strongly as if you had been there. She tells the story through the eyes of two families, one a fire fighter's and the other a business man's. Although totally unrelated the two families lives become enta ...more
Amy
I absolutely LOVED this book. I couldn't put it down. While my losses in life aren't the same as the main character, I felt as if some of the main points were aimed at me. I definately have had a breakthrough in my grief process. When the book states that a person should "choose life" instead of living for/in the past, I lost it. I couldn't stop crying. I probably cried through half of the book, but it was something I needed. The loss of my tiny son shook me to the core, and I didn't know how to ...more
Terri
This book was GREAT! It was confusing for the first couple of chapters....trying to follow all of the characters being introduced...but once I got past that and to the day of the NYC Twin Towers tragedy....I was HOOKED! I never wanted to put the book down....This was 2 books in one.....and I just read where there is a third one in this series coming out later this year and I can't wait to read it!
Alisa
Predictable but a lovely full circle story

Of course this sequel was predictable...but I wouldn't have it any other way. I found it a little drawn out at times, over explanatory, but all in all a beautiful story that will stay in my heart and mind for a long time. When I chose this series, I did so only because I had read and enjoyed another book by Karen Kingsbury (Dandelion Dust). The topic of 9/11 being near to my heart as I am a NY City native. Curiously, when I moved to California I lived an
Melinda
OMgosh... these books were so wonderful.. i love that Kingsbury is a Christian author. She writes so beautiful. I love that the story doesn't end with the 1st book... The story becomes full and love is all around in the second one!
Patricia Johnson
What a well written book dealing with a painful subject to many of us. One more way to help me process 9-11.
Kym McNabney
One Tuesday Morning:

This is the first book I ever read by, Karen Kingsbury. I saw it at the store not long after 911, and because of that, wasn't sure I was up to reading anything about 911. Only because of the fireman on the cover, I bought it. My husband's a fireman.

Well, I was quickly drawn into the story. It was well written and a great read, keeping you turning the pages, wanting to see what happens next.

I finished the book, and thought it was really good; I couldn't get the brother, Clay,
Amber
This was one of the best books I've ever read! I just couldn't put it down. It made my heart break for everyone who lost a loved one on that tragic day. I think most everyone was changed that Tuesday morning. This book brought back some of the emotions I had in the weeks after 9/11 & I couldn't get through it without crying. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Ben Oliver
This book is about a guy named Jake Bryan waking up to the sound of the twin towers collapsing. Jake Bryan gets collapsed on my debris from the towers and fire fighters must battle to get him out. This book was a very hard book to understand in some parts but is a very good book. I suggest you read it.
Shelby
This book is beautiful. Such a compelling story and Karen truly understands the art of writing. Never in my life have I felt so involved into a character's life until I picked up a Karen Kingsbury book. Absolutely amazing. I'm dying to get my hands on the 3rd book.
Lisa Lewellen
This is the very First Book By Karen Kingsbury I ever read. I knew I was hooked. Even though this book is fiction it gives you a glimpse into what happened on September 11, 2001.
Tammy
This was my first Karen Kingsbury read and I couldn't put them down. Two parts, the first part was the better of the two but you have to read them both.
Beverly Tanner
Both really good. I prefer the second but both are filled with sadness, love, tears, happiness and His presence. Good read! *Thumbs up*
Patricialogan8
I read this book once before and it was heart touching, I lost a cousin in the first tower, and it is hard not to have mixed feelings about it, while the story is fiction the plot that led up to Jamie believing Eric was Jake was not really plausible, even the most stubborn workaholic would not have stayed to crunch numbers for a business that may cease to exist, the towers were coming down and what deal can you make if you are dead, and despite the amnesia other signs were telling her Eric was n ...more
Natalie
this book is amazing it's very well written you would believe it's true.
Debbie
Excellent books! Very tastefully done and heartwarming!
Cindy
Dec 25, 2014 Cindy added it
Marcia
I loved both books.
Katherine
I considered reading these many times, but the subject matter (people affected by September 11) made me hesitate. I finally decided to listen to them and enjoyed it. I like the author's stories but struggle with how wordy she is. I am not a wordy person and don't understand some authors' need to cover every angle of a situation, then come back at it a few more times. So I enjoyed them. They are good.
Jillafer623
If you read no other book by Karen Kingsbury, this is the must read one. Actually two books under one cover. You will not put it down, plus you will forever want more of Karen Kingsbury books in your own personal library. This was my first read by this wonderful author and I have given this book to everyone of my friends and more, I'm sharing Karen's gift of love.
Sandy Hogg
Having only recently discovered my love of reading, this book has made my new found hobby even more enjoyable. I especially like the way she writes from different characters' perspectives, and the creative way she highlights the beauty of God's character in the midst of the most difficult of circumstances. I look forward to reading more of Karen Kingsbury's books.
Elaine Walquist
This put a nice closure to the first book in the series. The end was predictable, but the lesson of "choosing life" after a tragedy was sincere. I probably would not have read these two books had not a friend loaned them to me. I'm glad I did though. I gained an even deeper insight into the lives of those who lost loved ones.
Angie
If you love Christian fiction these two books are worth the read. Karen Kingsbury has a wonderful way of taking the tragedy of 9/11 and creating a story when even the most faithful questioned God. I love reading her books! They leave me feeling renewed in my faith and inspire me to be a better person.
Daisy
I thought this would be a difficult series to read. The subject matter is still fresh in my mind - I think it always will be. However, I was so very pleasantly surprised at how heartwarming the story was. The path that began with a terrorist attack ended with a strength in faith beyond imagine.
Jenny
I really liked the way the author really brought Sept 11 to life for those of us who were not directly affected. I now have a better understanding of what the victims and thier families must have gone through. This book pulled at all my heartstrings as I got very attached to these characters.
Joanie Standridge
Both these books were awesome reads! They both had surprises in them and heartfelt and moving events with the characters. I had to stifle tears several times. Looks like I'll have to add another 9/11 oriented book to my future reading list, "Every Now and Then". Worth the read.
Grace
Oct 07, 2011 Grace rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: karen-kingsbury
A great book by Karen Kingsbury showing us what it could have been like on that sad Tuesday morning September 11, 2001. A day when our lives were changed forever. If you like Karen's writings or if you have never read any of her books this is a must read.

Sally
This book was satisfying and not as predictable as I thought it would be. Sierra is one of the most charming and likeable little girls I have ever encountered in fiction. She speaks like a real little girl who has been carefully raised.
9/11 1 5 Jun 08, 2009 06:37AM
  • Absent Friends
  • Where Heaven Begins
  • Ashes and Ice (Yukon Quest, #2)
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
  • Lonestar Secrets (Lonestar Series, #2)
  • Single Sashimi
  • Bamboo and Lace
  • On a Whim (Katie Weldon, #2)
  • Arkansas: Four Brothers Risk Their Hearts for Love in the Ozarks
  • Lightning And Lace (Texas Legacy #3)
  • The Unfinished Gift
  • True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, #4)
  • Hollywood Hellraisers: The Wild Lives and Fast Times of Marlon Brando, Dennis Hopper, Warren Beatty, and Jack Nicholson
  • Hidden Places
  • Mixed Signals
  • The Heart of Memory
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:

USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s #1 inspirational novelist. There are more than 15 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen has written more than 40 novels, ten of which have hit #1 on national lists.

Karen has a true love for her readers, and she has nearly 1
More about Karen Kingsbury...
Redemption (Redemption, #1) Even Now (Lost Love Series, #1) Remember (Redemption, #2) One Tuesday Morning (9/11 Series, #1) Leaving (Bailey Flanigan, #1)