Start by marking “One Tuesday Morning / Beyond Tuesday Morning (9/11, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
One Tuesday Morning / Beyond Tuesday Morning (9/11, #1-2)

One Tuesday Morning / Beyond Tuesday Morning (9/11 #1-2)

4.52  ·  Rating Details ·  2,054 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
Based on the tragedy of the Twin Towers … two powerful novels of heroism, loss, and redemption by New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury

ONE TUESDAY MORNING
The last thing Jake Bryan knew was the sound of the World Trade Center collapsing on top of him and his fellow firefighters. The man in the hospital bed remembers nothing. Not rushing with his teammates up the
Published July 30th 2006 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about One Tuesday Morning / Beyond Tuesday Morning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Tuesday Morning / Beyond Tuesday Morning

Trisha  Wilson
Dec 01, 2011 Trisha Wilson rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Karen Kingsbury's writing! Out of all of her books, though, this series is my absolute favorite. I could not put it down till I turned that last page. My heart ached for Jamie & Sierra, with what they were going through. It brought memories of 9/11 crashing back so fast that I found myself crying throughout the majority of the 1st book, "One Tuesday Morning", and, then again while reading "Beyond Tuesday Morning". Mrs. Kingsbury has a way of writing a story that makes you f ...more
Mary  O'Brien
Mar 20, 2012 Mary O'Brien rated it it was amazing
** I know I am not doing as many book reviews as I would like but I am proud to say that after 3 years of trying to have a baby, we are PREGNANT! So with that being said, I have been very tired!**

According to Goodreads:

Based on the tragedy of the Twin Towers ... two powerful novels of heroism, loss, and redemption by New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury. ONE TUESDAY MORNING. The last thing Jake Bryan knew was the sound of the World Trade Center collapsing on top of him and his fello
Sheila
Nov 19, 2013 Sheila rated it really liked it
The first of these books, One Tuesday Morning was a great way of learning to understand about 9/11 although perhaps not a book to read late at night in bed! However, the author writes with such faith, realism and understanding that you can feel the pain of those involved in the tragedy almost as strongly as if you had been there. She tells the story through the eyes of two families, one a fire fighter's and the other a business man's. Although totally unrelated the two families lives become enta ...more
Amy
Aug 07, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book. I couldn't put it down. While my losses in life aren't the same as the main character, I felt as if some of the main points were aimed at me. I definately have had a breakthrough in my grief process. When the book states that a person should "choose life" instead of living for/in the past, I lost it. I couldn't stop crying. I probably cried through half of the book, but it was something I needed. The loss of my tiny son shook me to the core, and I didn't know how to ...more
Terri
May 30, 2008 Terri rated it really liked it
This book was GREAT! It was confusing for the first couple of chapters....trying to follow all of the characters being introduced...but once I got past that and to the day of the NYC Twin Towers tragedy....I was HOOKED! I never wanted to put the book down....This was 2 books in one.....and I just read where there is a third one in this series coming out later this year and I can't wait to read it!
Melinda
Aug 15, 2010 Melinda rated it it was amazing
OMgosh... these books were so wonderful.. i love that Kingsbury is a Christian author. She writes so beautiful. I love that the story doesn't end with the 1st book... The story becomes full and love is all around in the second one!
Patricia Johnson
Aug 03, 2010 Patricia Johnson rated it it was amazing
What a well written book dealing with a painful subject to many of us. One more way to help me process 9-11.
Randy Wurm
Nov 01, 2016 Randy Wurm rated it liked it
Entertaining story about mistaken identity and the 9/11 crissis. I enjoyed the authors feelings on the 9/11 crisis and her view if it. The idea of two people looking exactly alike meeting in the towers and the confusion between the two is a little of a stretch but the trama is heart felt.
Kym McNabney
May 23, 2012 Kym McNabney rated it it was amazing
One Tuesday Morning:

This is the first book I ever read by, Karen Kingsbury. I saw it at the store not long after 911, and because of that, wasn't sure I was up to reading anything about 911. Only because of the fireman on the cover, I bought it. My husband's a fireman.

Well, I was quickly drawn into the story. It was well written and a great read, keeping you turning the pages, wanting to see what happens next.

I finished the book, and thought it was really good; I couldn't get the brother, Clay,
Alisa
Apr 14, 2014 Alisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable but a lovely full circle story

Of course this sequel was predictable...but I wouldn't have it any other way. I found it a little drawn out at times, over explanatory, but all in all a beautiful story that will stay in my heart and mind for a long time. When I chose this series, I did so only because I had read and enjoyed another book by Karen Kingsbury (Dandelion Dust). The topic of 9/11 being near to my heart as I am a NY City native. Curiously, when I moved to California I lived an
Patricialogan8
I read this book once before and it was heart touching, I lost a cousin in the first tower, and it is hard not to have mixed feelings about it, while the story is fiction the plot that led up to Jamie believing Eric was Jake was not really plausible, even the most stubborn workaholic would not have stayed to crunch numbers for a business that may cease to exist, the towers were coming down and what deal can you make if you are dead, and despite the amnesia other signs were telling her Eric was n ...more
Jennifer Robb
Jan 23, 2016 Jennifer Robb rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Karen Kingsbury fans, Christian fiction fans, 9/11 fiction fans
I believe I read the first book from this 2 book edition previously. I had not read the second book in this edition before though. The first book deals with several families and how their lives are impacted by the events of 9/11. A case of mistaken identity gives one man a chance to become the husband and father that his family needs. In the second book, we get to see that that has persisted. The plot of the second book was predictable in that I knew what would happen before it did. I like the m ...more
Laura Robinson
May 18, 2016 Laura Robinson rated it it was amazing
Whewwwww, this is a long book. 600 pages! Man man man! What a beautiful written book. I laughed and cried. I wish I could meet a little girl like Sierra. Her heart is so pure and lovely.

This book opened my eyes to a lot of things and allowed me to see such a gentle side of those working at St.Paul & those who had been affected.

I don't like how wordy the author is, I had this issue with her other books. But other than that, such a beautiful story of life. Man, such a great book.
Katherine
Jul 19, 2011 Katherine rated it liked it
Shelves: christian, audiobook
I considered reading these many times, but the subject matter (people affected by September 11) made me hesitate. I finally decided to listen to them and enjoyed it. I like the author's stories but struggle with how wordy she is. I am not a wordy person and don't understand some authors' need to cover every angle of a situation, then come back at it a few more times. So I enjoyed them. They are good.
Angie
Sep 01, 2013 Angie rated it it was amazing
If you love Christian fiction these two books are worth the read. Karen Kingsbury has a wonderful way of taking the tragedy of 9/11 and creating a story when even the most faithful questioned God. I love reading her books! They leave me feeling renewed in my faith and inspire me to be a better person.
Ben Oliver
Feb 21, 2014 Ben Oliver rated it liked it
This book is about a guy named Jake Bryan waking up to the sound of the twin towers collapsing. Jake Bryan gets collapsed on my debris from the towers and fire fighters must battle to get him out. This book was a very hard book to understand in some parts but is a very good book. I suggest you read it.
Elaine Walquist
Aug 05, 2008 Elaine Walquist rated it really liked it
This put a nice closure to the first book in the series. The end was predictable, but the lesson of "choosing life" after a tragedy was sincere. I probably would not have read these two books had not a friend loaned them to me. I'm glad I did though. I gained an even deeper insight into the lives of those who lost loved ones.
Jillafer623
Dec 15, 2012 Jillafer623 rated it it was amazing
If you read no other book by Karen Kingsbury, this is the must read one. Actually two books under one cover. You will not put it down, plus you will forever want more of Karen Kingsbury books in your own personal library. This was my first read by this wonderful author and I have given this book to everyone of my friends and more, I'm sharing Karen's gift of love.
Sandy Hogg
Nov 18, 2013 Sandy Hogg rated it it was amazing
Having only recently discovered my love of reading, this book has made my new found hobby even more enjoyable. I especially like the way she writes from different characters' perspectives, and the creative way she highlights the beauty of God's character in the midst of the most difficult of circumstances. I look forward to reading more of Karen Kingsbury's books.
Amber
Feb 03, 2015 Amber rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best books I've ever read! I just couldn't put it down. It made my heart break for everyone who lost a loved one on that tragic day. I think most everyone was changed that Tuesday morning. This book brought back some of the emotions I had in the weeks after 9/11 & I couldn't get through it without crying. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Grace
Oct 07, 2011 Grace rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: karen-kingsbury
A great book by Karen Kingsbury showing us what it could have been like on that sad Tuesday morning September 11, 2001. A day when our lives were changed forever. If you like Karen's writings or if you have never read any of her books this is a must read.

Sally
Aug 10, 2009 Sally rated it liked it
This book was satisfying and not as predictable as I thought it would be. Sierra is one of the most charming and likeable little girls I have ever encountered in fiction. She speaks like a real little girl who has been carefully raised.
Jul 27, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
Just finished book 2 in the series and so relieved she has a 3rd. The only problem with reading fantastic books like this is that sometimes it's hard to fall in love with others. Please recommend any you feel are comparable.
Loretta
May 13, 2014 Loretta rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd time I've read this book. It is so moving that my eyes definitely leaked a little - which doesn't happen often. A beautiful two-in-one book by Karen Kingsbury. Very much my cup of tea.
Daisy
May 22, 2010 Daisy rated it it was amazing
I thought this would be a difficult series to read. The subject matter is still fresh in my mind - I think it always will be. However, I was so very pleasantly surprised at how heartwarming the story was. The path that began with a terrorist attack ended with a strength in faith beyond imagine.
Jenny
Nov 12, 2008 Jenny rated it it was amazing
I really liked the way the author really brought Sept 11 to life for those of us who were not directly affected. I now have a better understanding of what the victims and thier families must have gone through. This book pulled at all my heartstrings as I got very attached to these characters.
Shelby
Jun 02, 2015 Shelby rated it it was amazing
This book is beautiful. Such a compelling story and Karen truly understands the art of writing. Never in my life have I felt so involved into a character's life until I picked up a Karen Kingsbury book. Absolutely amazing. I'm dying to get my hands on the 3rd book.
Joanie Standridge
Nov 10, 2013 Joanie Standridge rated it it was amazing
Both these books were awesome reads! They both had surprises in them and heartfelt and moving events with the characters. I had to stifle tears several times. Looks like I'll have to add another 9/11 oriented book to my future reading list, "Every Now and Then". Worth the read.
Oksana  *Bookaholic*
Jun 08, 2012 Oksana *Bookaholic* rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
I absolutely loved this book... I wasn't sure I'd love it, but from the fourth or so chapter, I was hooked. I stayed up till 4 reading although it was a school night. I couldn't put it down!!! Amazing story... :)
Marcie Miller
Jun 30, 2013 Marcie Miller rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed. Made me wonder about the lives of the victims of the tragedy and how true to life this fictional book was.
9/11 1 5 Jun 08, 2009 06:37AM
  • Absent Friends
  • Cassidy (Big Sky Dreams, #1)
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • Where Heaven Begins
  • Mixed Signals
  • A Whisper of Danger (Treasures of the Heart #2)
  • Ashes and Ice (Yukon Quest, #2)
  • Lonestar Secrets (Lonestar Series, #2)
  • The Heart of Memory
  • Heart of Stone (Irish Angel, #1)
  • Hold Tight the Thread (Tender Ties Historical Series #3)
  • Naomi and Her Daughters: A Novel
  • Vermont Weddings: Dear Granny/The Long Trail to Love/Sweet Sugared Love (Heartsong Novella Collection)
  • Beloved Captive (Fairweather Keys #2)
  • The Crossroad (Amish Country Crossroads, #2)
  • Lightning And Lace (Texas Legacy #3)
  • The Unfinished Gift
  • A Christmas Promise (Cape Light #5)
Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning books in print. Her last dozen titles have topped bestseller lists and many of her novels are under development with Hallmark Films and as major motion pictures. In addition, it was recently announced that Roma Downey and MGM Studi ...more
More about Karen Kingsbury...

9/11 (3 books)
  • One Tuesday Morning (9/11, #1)
  • Beyond Tuesday Morning (9/11, #2)
  • Every Now & Then (9/11, #3)