Start by marking “One Tuesday Morning / Beyond Tuesday Morning (9/11, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
One Tuesday Morning / Beyond Tuesday Morning (9/11, #1-2)

One Tuesday Morning / Beyond Tuesday Morning (9/11 #1-2)

4.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,976 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
Based on the tragedy of the Twin Towers … two powerful novels of heroism, loss, and redemption by New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury

ONE TUESDAY MORNING
The last thing Jake Bryan knew was the sound of the World Trade Center collapsing on top of him and his fellow firefighters. The man in the hospital bed remembers nothing. Not rushing with his teammates up the
Published July 30th 2006 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about One Tuesday Morning / Beyond Tuesday Morning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Tuesday Morning / Beyond Tuesday Morning

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Christian Fiction
157th out of 1,870 books — 2,233 voters
The Clay Lion by Amalie JahnWaterfall by Lisa Tawn BergrenThere You'll Find Me by Jenny B. JonesRedeeming Love by Francine RiversCascade by Lisa Tawn Bergren
YA Christian Romances
21st out of 107 books — 89 voters

More lists with this book...

Trisha  Wilson
Dec 01, 2011 Trisha Wilson rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Karen Kingsbury's writing! Out of all of her books, though, this series is my absolute favorite. I could not put it down till I turned that last page. My heart ached for Jamie & Sierra, with what they were going through. It brought memories of 9/11 crashing back so fast that I found myself crying throughout the majority of the 1st book, "One Tuesday Morning", and, then again while reading "Beyond Tuesday Morning". Mrs. Kingsbury has a way of writing a story that makes you f ...more
Mary  O'Brien
Mar 20, 2012 Mary O'Brien rated it it was amazing
** I know I am not doing as many book reviews as I would like but I am proud to say that after 3 years of trying to have a baby, we are PREGNANT! So with that being said, I have been very tired!**

According to Goodreads:

Based on the tragedy of the Twin Towers ... two powerful novels of heroism, loss, and redemption by New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury. ONE TUESDAY MORNING. The last thing Jake Bryan knew was the sound of the World Trade Center collapsing on top of him and his fello
Sheila
Nov 19, 2013 Sheila rated it really liked it
The first of these books, One Tuesday Morning was a great way of learning to understand about 9/11 although perhaps not a book to read late at night in bed! However, the author writes with such faith, realism and understanding that you can feel the pain of those involved in the tragedy almost as strongly as if you had been there. She tells the story through the eyes of two families, one a fire fighter's and the other a business man's. Although totally unrelated the two families lives become enta ...more
Amy
Aug 07, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book. I couldn't put it down. While my losses in life aren't the same as the main character, I felt as if some of the main points were aimed at me. I definately have had a breakthrough in my grief process. When the book states that a person should "choose life" instead of living for/in the past, I lost it. I couldn't stop crying. I probably cried through half of the book, but it was something I needed. The loss of my tiny son shook me to the core, and I didn't know how to ...more
Terri
May 30, 2008 Terri rated it really liked it
This book was GREAT! It was confusing for the first couple of chapters....trying to follow all of the characters being introduced...but once I got past that and to the day of the NYC Twin Towers tragedy....I was HOOKED! I never wanted to put the book down....This was 2 books in one.....and I just read where there is a third one in this series coming out later this year and I can't wait to read it!
Alisa
Apr 14, 2014 Alisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable but a lovely full circle story

Of course this sequel was predictable...but I wouldn't have it any other way. I found it a little drawn out at times, over explanatory, but all in all a beautiful story that will stay in my heart and mind for a long time. When I chose this series, I did so only because I had read and enjoyed another book by Karen Kingsbury (Dandelion Dust). The topic of 9/11 being near to my heart as I am a NY City native. Curiously, when I moved to California I lived an
Melinda
Aug 15, 2010 Melinda rated it it was amazing
OMgosh... these books were so wonderful.. i love that Kingsbury is a Christian author. She writes so beautiful. I love that the story doesn't end with the 1st book... The story becomes full and love is all around in the second one!
Patricia Johnson
Aug 03, 2010 Patricia Johnson rated it it was amazing
What a well written book dealing with a painful subject to many of us. One more way to help me process 9-11.
Jennifer Robb
Jan 23, 2016 Jennifer Robb rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Karen Kingsbury fans, Christian fiction fans, 9/11 fiction fans
I believe I read the first book from this 2 book edition previously. I had not read the second book in this edition before though. The first book deals with several families and how their lives are impacted by the events of 9/11. A case of mistaken identity gives one man a chance to become the husband and father that his family needs. In the second book, we get to see that that has persisted. The plot of the second book was predictable in that I knew what would happen before it did. I like the m ...more
Kym McNabney
May 23, 2012 Kym McNabney rated it it was amazing
One Tuesday Morning:

This is the first book I ever read by, Karen Kingsbury. I saw it at the store not long after 911, and because of that, wasn't sure I was up to reading anything about 911. Only because of the fireman on the cover, I bought it. My husband's a fireman.

Well, I was quickly drawn into the story. It was well written and a great read, keeping you turning the pages, wanting to see what happens next.

I finished the book, and thought it was really good; I couldn't get the brother, Clay,
Amber
Feb 03, 2015 Amber rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best books I've ever read! I just couldn't put it down. It made my heart break for everyone who lost a loved one on that tragic day. I think most everyone was changed that Tuesday morning. This book brought back some of the emotions I had in the weeks after 9/11 & I couldn't get through it without crying. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Ben Oliver
Feb 21, 2014 Ben Oliver rated it liked it
This book is about a guy named Jake Bryan waking up to the sound of the twin towers collapsing. Jake Bryan gets collapsed on my debris from the towers and fire fighters must battle to get him out. This book was a very hard book to understand in some parts but is a very good book. I suggest you read it.
Laura Robinson
May 18, 2016 Laura Robinson rated it it was amazing
Whewwwww, this is a long book. 600 pages! Man man man! What a beautiful written book. I laughed and cried. I wish I could meet a little girl like Sierra. Her heart is so pure and lovely.

This book opened my eyes to a lot of things and allowed me to see such a gentle side of those working at St.Paul & those who had been affected.

I don't like how wordy the author is, I had this issue with her other books. But other than that, such a beautiful story of life. Man, such a great book.
Shelby
Jun 02, 2015 Shelby rated it it was amazing
This book is beautiful. Such a compelling story and Karen truly understands the art of writing. Never in my life have I felt so involved into a character's life until I picked up a Karen Kingsbury book. Absolutely amazing. I'm dying to get my hands on the 3rd book.
Tammy
This was my first Karen Kingsbury read and I couldn't put them down. Two parts, the first part was the better of the two but you have to read them both.
Beverly Tanner
Both really good. I prefer the second but both are filled with sadness, love, tears, happiness and His presence. Good read! *Thumbs up*
Patricialogan8
I read this book once before and it was heart touching, I lost a cousin in the first tower, and it is hard not to have mixed feelings about it, while the story is fiction the plot that led up to Jamie believing Eric was Jake was not really plausible, even the most stubborn workaholic would not have stayed to crunch numbers for a business that may cease to exist, the towers were coming down and what deal can you make if you are dead, and despite the amnesia other signs were telling her Eric was n ...more
Natalie
Nov 01, 2014 Natalie rated it it was amazing
this book is amazing it's very well written you would believe it's true.
Vickie Booth
Mar 08, 2016 Vickie Booth rated it it was amazing
These were two awesome books! I highly recommend them to everyone. These books are wonderful about teaching us about living and grieving and learning to live again.
Sue
Sep 10, 2015 Sue rated it it was amazing
On the eve of another 9/11 anniversary, this book was a reminder that our world has changed, but faith, hope, and love can help us overcome many obstacles in our lives.
Debbie
Aug 14, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Excellent books! Very tastefully done and heartwarming!
Trinka
Jan 11, 2016 Trinka rated it liked it
Not sure. I liked that she wrote a book about Sept 11th however not sure I like how she did it.
Cindy
Dec 25, 2014 Cindy added it
Sherry
Feb 12, 2016 Sherry rated it it was amazing
Loved the book and this story. I did think it was a bit drug out and very predictable . I had the end of the second book figured out before I finished the first one. Still a good read.
Marcia
May 06, 2014 Marcia rated it it was amazing
I loved both books.
Katherine
Jul 19, 2011 Katherine rated it liked it
Shelves: christian, audiobook
I considered reading these many times, but the subject matter (people affected by September 11) made me hesitate. I finally decided to listen to them and enjoyed it. I like the author's stories but struggle with how wordy she is. I am not a wordy person and don't understand some authors' need to cover every angle of a situation, then come back at it a few more times. So I enjoyed them. They are good.
Jillafer623
Dec 15, 2012 Jillafer623 rated it it was amazing
If you read no other book by Karen Kingsbury, this is the must read one. Actually two books under one cover. You will not put it down, plus you will forever want more of Karen Kingsbury books in your own personal library. This was my first read by this wonderful author and I have given this book to everyone of my friends and more, I'm sharing Karen's gift of love.
Sandy Hogg
Nov 18, 2013 Sandy Hogg rated it it was amazing
Having only recently discovered my love of reading, this book has made my new found hobby even more enjoyable. I especially like the way she writes from different characters' perspectives, and the creative way she highlights the beauty of God's character in the midst of the most difficult of circumstances. I look forward to reading more of Karen Kingsbury's books.
Elaine Walquist
Aug 05, 2008 Elaine Walquist rated it really liked it
This put a nice closure to the first book in the series. The end was predictable, but the lesson of "choosing life" after a tragedy was sincere. I probably would not have read these two books had not a friend loaned them to me. I'm glad I did though. I gained an even deeper insight into the lives of those who lost loved ones.
Angie
Sep 01, 2013 Angie rated it it was amazing
If you love Christian fiction these two books are worth the read. Karen Kingsbury has a wonderful way of taking the tragedy of 9/11 and creating a story when even the most faithful questioned God. I love reading her books! They leave me feeling renewed in my faith and inspire me to be a better person.
9/11 1 5 Jun 08, 2009 06:37AM
  • Absent Friends
  • Cassidy (Big Sky Dreams, #1)
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • Where Heaven Begins
  • Mixed Signals
  • A Whisper of Danger (Treasures of the Heart #2)
  • Ashes and Ice (Yukon Quest, #2)
  • Lonestar Secrets (Lonestar Series, #2)
  • The Heart of Memory
  • Heart of Stone (Irish Angel, #1)
  • Hold Tight the Thread
  • Naomi and Her Daughters: A Novel
  • Vermont Weddings: Dear Granny/The Long Trail to Love/Sweet Sugared Love (Heartsong Novella Collection)
  • Beloved Captive (Fairweather Keys #2)
  • The Crossroad (Amish Country Crossroads, #2)
  • Lightning And Lace (Texas Legacy #3)
  • The Unfinished Gift
  • A Christmas Promise (Cape Light #5)
Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning books in print. Her last dozen titles have topped bestseller lists and many of her novels are under development with Hallmark Films and as major motion pictures. In addition, it was recently announced that Roma Downey and MGM Studi ...more
More about Karen Kingsbury...

9/11 (3 books)
  • One Tuesday Morning (9/11, #1)
  • Beyond Tuesday Morning (9/11, #2)
  • Every Now & Then (9/11, #3)