One Tuesday Morning: WITH Beyond Tuesday Morning (September 11th)

One Tuesday Morning: WITH Beyond Tuesday Morning (September 11th)

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  1,534 ratings  ·  58 reviews
Based on the tragedy of the Twin Towers ... two powerful novels of heroism, loss, and redemption by New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury ONE TUESDAY MORNING The last thing Jake Bryan knew was the sound of the World Trade Center collapsing on top of him and his fellow firefighters. The man in the hospital bed remembers nothing. Not rushing with his teammates up...more
Published July 18th 2006 by Zondervan (first published 1999)

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Christian Fiction
167th out of 1,429 books — 1,860 voters
The Clay Lion by Amalie JahnWaterfall by Lisa Tawn BergrenThere You'll Find Me by Jenny B. JonesRedeeming Love by Francine RiversThe Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
YA Christian Romances
15th out of 78 books — 65 voters

More lists with this book...

Trisha  Wilson
I absolutely love Karen Kingsbury's writing! Out of all of her books, though, this series is my absolute favorite. I could not put it down till I turned that last page. My heart ached for Jamie & Sierra, with what they were going through. It brought memories of 9/11 crashing back so fast that I found myself crying throughout the majority of the 1st book, "One Tuesday Morning", and, then again while reading "Beyond Tuesday Morning". Mrs. Kingsbury has a way of writing a story that makes you f...more
Mary Oddi O'Brien
** I know I am not doing as many book reviews as I would like but I am proud to say that after 3 years of trying to have a baby, we are PREGNANT! So with that being said, I have been very tired!**

According to Goodreads:

Based on the tragedy of the Twin Towers ... two powerful novels of heroism, loss, and redemption by New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury. ONE TUESDAY MORNING. The last thing Jake Bryan knew was the sound of the World Trade Center collapsing on top of him and his fello...more
Sheila
The first of these books, One Tuesday Morning was a great way of learning to understand about 9/11 although perhaps not a book to read late at night in bed! However, the author writes with such faith, realism and understanding that you can feel the pain of those involved in the tragedy almost as strongly as if you had been there. She tells the story through the eyes of two families, one a fire fighter's and the other a business man's. Although totally unrelated the two families lives become enta...more
Amy
I absolutely LOVED this book. I couldn't put it down. While my losses in life aren't the same as the main character, I felt as if some of the main points were aimed at me. I definately have had a breakthrough in my grief process. When the book states that a person should "choose life" instead of living for/in the past, I lost it. I couldn't stop crying. I probably cried through half of the book, but it was something I needed. The loss of my tiny son shook me to the core, and I didn't know how to...more
Terri
This book was GREAT! It was confusing for the first couple of chapters....trying to follow all of the characters being introduced...but once I got past that and to the day of the NYC Twin Towers tragedy....I was HOOKED! I never wanted to put the book down....This was 2 books in one.....and I just read where there is a third one in this series coming out later this year and I can't wait to read it!
Alisa
Predictable but a lovely full circle story

Of course this sequel was predictable...but I wouldn't have it any other way. I found it a little drawn out at times, over explanatory, but all in all a beautiful story that will stay in my heart and mind for a long time. When I chose this series, I did so only because I had read and enjoyed another book by Karen Kingsbury (Dandelion Dust). The topic of 9/11 being near to my heart as I am a NY City native. Curiously, when I moved to California I lived an...more
Melinda
OMgosh... these books were so wonderful.. i love that Kingsbury is a Christian author. She writes so beautiful. I love that the story doesn't end with the 1st book... The story becomes full and love is all around in the second one!
Patricia Johnson
What a well written book dealing with a painful subject to many of us. One more way to help me process 9-11.
Kym McNabney
One Tuesday Morning:

This is the first book I ever read by, Karen Kingsbury. I saw it at the store not long after 911, and because of that, wasn't sure I was up to reading anything about 911. Only because of the fireman on the cover, I bought it. My husband's a fireman.

Well, I was quickly drawn into the story. It was well written and a great read, keeping you turning the pages, wanting to see what happens next.

I finished the book, and thought it was really good; I couldn't get the brother, Clay,...more
Ben Oliver
This book is about a guy named Jake Bryan waking up to the sound of the twin towers collapsing. Jake Bryan gets collapsed on my debris from the towers and fire fighters must battle to get him out. This book was a very hard book to understand in some parts but is a very good book. I suggest you read it.
Patricialogan8
I read this book once before and it was heart touching, I lost a cousin in the first tower, and it is hard not to have mixed feelings about it, while the story is fiction the plot that led up to Jamie believing Eric was Jake was not really plausible, even the most stubborn workaholic would not have stayed to crunch numbers for a business that may cease to exist, the towers were coming down and what deal can you make if you are dead, and despite the amnesia other signs were telling her Eric was n...more
Marcia
I loved both books.
Katherine
I considered reading these many times, but the subject matter (people affected by September 11) made me hesitate. I finally decided to listen to them and enjoyed it. I like the author's stories but struggle with how wordy she is. I am not a wordy person and don't understand some authors' need to cover every angle of a situation, then come back at it a few more times. So I enjoyed them. They are good.
Jillafer623
If you read no other book by Karen Kingsbury, this is the must read one. Actually two books under one cover. You will not put it down, plus you will forever want more of Karen Kingsbury books in your own personal library. This was my first read by this wonderful author and I have given this book to everyone of my friends and more, I'm sharing Karen's gift of love.
Sandy Hogg
Having only recently discovered my love of reading, this book has made my new found hobby even more enjoyable. I especially like the way she writes from different characters' perspectives, and the creative way she highlights the beauty of God's character in the midst of the most difficult of circumstances. I look forward to reading more of Karen Kingsbury's books.
Elaine Walquist
This put a nice closure to the first book in the series. The end was predictable, but the lesson of "choosing life" after a tragedy was sincere. I probably would not have read these two books had not a friend loaned them to me. I'm glad I did though. I gained an even deeper insight into the lives of those who lost loved ones.
Angie
If you love Christian fiction these two books are worth the read. Karen Kingsbury has a wonderful way of taking the tragedy of 9/11 and creating a story when even the most faithful questioned God. I love reading her books! They leave me feeling renewed in my faith and inspire me to be a better person.
Daisy
I thought this would be a difficult series to read. The subject matter is still fresh in my mind - I think it always will be. However, I was so very pleasantly surprised at how heartwarming the story was. The path that began with a terrorist attack ended with a strength in faith beyond imagine.
Jenny
I really liked the way the author really brought Sept 11 to life for those of us who were not directly affected. I now have a better understanding of what the victims and thier families must have gone through. This book pulled at all my heartstrings as I got very attached to these characters.
Joanie Standridge
Both these books were awesome reads! They both had surprises in them and heartfelt and moving events with the characters. I had to stifle tears several times. Looks like I'll have to add another 9/11 oriented book to my future reading list, "Every Now and Then". Worth the read.
Grace
Oct 07, 2011 Grace rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: karen-kingsbury
A great book by Karen Kingsbury showing us what it could have been like on that sad Tuesday morning September 11, 2001. A day when our lives were changed forever. If you like Karen's writings or if you have never read any of her books this is a must read.

Sally
This book was satisfying and not as predictable as I thought it would be. Sierra is one of the most charming and likeable little girls I have ever encountered in fiction. She speaks like a real little girl who has been carefully raised.
Just finished book 2 in the series and so relieved she has a 3rd. The only problem with reading fantastic books like this is that sometimes it's hard to fall in love with others. Please recommend any you feel are comparable.
Oksana  *Bookaholic*
I absolutely loved this book... I wasn't sure I'd love it, but from the fourth or so chapter, I was hooked. I stayed up till 4 reading although it was a school night. I couldn't put it down!!! Amazing story... :)
Loretta
This is the 2nd time I've read this book. It is so moving that my eyes definitely leaked a little - which doesn't happen often. A beautiful two-in-one book by Karen Kingsbury. Very much my cup of tea.
Pamela
A total fluff read but good story. The first book is ok but the second one is much better - more action & romance.
Kristina
These two books are fantastic about a fictional account of the 9/11 attacks. The author recently wrote a 3rd book in this series that was not nearly as good, but I highly recommend the first two.
Faith Repp
This was my first 'christian' series that was recommended from a family friend. Very interesting and easy reads. Will definitely read more Karen Kingsbury books in the future. Great series!
Gladi
This was based on 9/11. Although it was fiction, it touched on many of the issues and situations I am sure that the families had gone through during this tragic time
LaRena
This book is a fictional account of September 11, 2001, and the aftermath. A tearjerker as only Karen Kingsbury can write...but there is a happy ending!
9/11 1 5 Jun 08, 2009 06:37AM
  • Ashes and Ice (Yukon Quest, #2)
  • Every Storm
  • True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, Book 4)
  • Single Sashimi
  • Absent Friends
  • Covenant Child: A Story of Promises Kept
  • The Brethren (Annie's People, #3)
  • Hidden Places
  • Lonestar Secrets (Lonestar Series, #2)
  • Woman of Grace (Brides of Culdee Creek, #2)
  • Halos
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:

USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s #1 inspirational novelist. There are more than 15 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen has written more than 40 novels, ten of which have hit #1 on national lists.

Karen has a true love for her readers, and she has nearly 1...more
More about Karen Kingsbury...
Redemption (Redemption, #1) Remember (Redemption, #2) Even Now (Lost Love Series, #1) One Tuesday Morning (9/11 Series, #1) Leaving (Bailey Flanigan, #1)