Start by marking “The Secret Garden (Great Illustrated Classics)” as Want to Read:
The Secret Garden (Great Illustrated Classics)

The Secret Garden (Great Illustrated Classics)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  334 ratings  ·  25 reviews
The world's best-loved children's stories set in large type for easy reading.
-- Over 100 illustrations in each book
Published August 22nd 2000 by Playmore Publishers (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Garden

Te Amo... I LOVE YOU by Rohit  SharmaCircle of Five by Jan RaymondLife of Pi by Yann Martel12 Hours by Rohit  SharmaLife... Love... Kumbh... by Aporva Kala
The India Reading List
178th out of 227 books — 249 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingSilent Treatment by Jackie WilliamsFire of Stars and Dragons by Melissa PetreshockCracked by Eliza Crewe
YA Books With Awesome Female Characters
99th out of 147 books — 82 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicole
Dec 21, 2011 Nicole rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Every little girl, and any lover of things enchanting
I adore this book.

It's on my "enchanting" bookshelf, which means that it certainly does mean a lot to me.

I remember that as a little girl I always wanted to read it. I would see it at the bookstore, and ask my father for it, and he would say, "No, sugar-pickle, you only want it for the key-necklace that it comes with-you won't read it," while I had full intentions to read it!

Eventually, years later, I remember seeing it at a smaller book store or maybe a department store, and it was the "Great I
Asiya Ahmed
it's a GREAT book!
Paul Lunger
Frances Hodgson Burnett's "The Secret Garden" is the story of a little girl who stumbles into a garden by accident with magical powers & things that can cure just about anything. The adaptation by Malvina Vogel in the illustrated classics series does the story great care as we don't lose the magic & wonder of Burnett's original story. Each step of the way in this story is a journey worth taking & it a reason why this book will be beloved for years to come.
Deanna
I won a book basket in a raffle and it had this book in it. Overall it was a good book. Of course this version is adapted for kids....so I'm sure I would have enjoyed it much more as a child since I am currently 20. I didn't find it particularly interesting...but I may pick up the full version one day.
Brynn Hastings
The Secret Garden is a classic novel. It may be tough for inexperienced readers because of the word choice but it will help those readers to broaden their vocabulary. It is a deep, entertaining, beautiful novel.
Sanz
Read aloud to my 7, 5, and 3, year old sons.

"It was awesome!" --7 year old

"It was fun. I liked when Collin got out of his wheelchair...finally." --5 year old.
Weronika
My most liked set book of all time without douubt.
Jeanne Edwards
Read it as an adult and loved it!
Gwenlovesbooks
Awesome I loved it
Erica
Read this to my daughter - we enjoyed reading it!
Becki Foutz
My mom made me, er, strongly suggested I read, this book when I was a kid. I remember it seemed long at the time, I have no idea how old I was but I think it was before I started school (I started reading when I was three, no joke). I guess it was something she thought would keep me busy. I remember thinking the protagonist was spoiled - it'll be interesting to read as an adult this month for our book club.
Kara Larson
I don't think I'd ever read this book prior to this read with Kate, but it was great. I want to read the full version now.
Christine
I had some trouble getting started, but then it was almost all in one go. One adorable story :)
Mary
I read this book to my girls 6/7 yr. old(Illustrated version). We read about a chapter a night and then I got them the movie. It was fun to watch them compare the book to the movie. I've always loved this story.
Arvesa Osmani
I read this book 2 years ago and I love it very much.I was so confused about the noises at night until Colin was discovered also it was just like a magical moment when the key fits in the door...!
Laura Neff
A favorite, favorite, favorite from childhood! I wished I'd found that garden. What a magical moment when the key fits in the door, and when Colin is discovered...!
The Carrion Librarian
One of my mother's favourite stories, so I read it pretty early on. I remember being absolutely enchanted by the mystery and everyday magic of it all.
Jill
Sadie and I read this together. She LOVES these kinds of books so I just played along.....
Winter Rose
Excellent Illustrated Classic!
Jessie
I haven't read very many classics but the ones that I have are all fabulous!
shelby
it was very different than i had expected
Petra
Egy nehezebbett kiprobaltam volna.
Jenny
Tasya
Tasya added it
Jan 26, 2015
Micaela Gothier
Micaela Gothier marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
  • The Jungle Book (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Black Beauty (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Swiss Family Robinson (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Little Women (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Mutiny on Board HMS Bounty (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Three Musketeers (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Grimm's Fairy Tales (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • A Tale of Two Cities
  • A Journey to the Center of the Earth (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Why Don't You Get a Horse, Sam Adams?
  • Bunnies in the Bathroom (Animal Ark, #15)
  • Really Truly Ruthie (American Girls: Kit)
  • The Prince and the Pauper (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Dark Debts
Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Hound of the Baskervilles (Illustrated Classic Editions) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Great Illustrated Classics) David Copperfield (Illustrated Classic Editions) The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe (Great Illustrated Classics) Frankenstein