Start by marking “Deep Trouble II (Goosebumps, #58)” as Want to Read:
Deep Trouble II (Goosebumps, #58)

Deep Trouble II (Goosebumps #58)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  1,185 ratings  ·  25 reviews
The fish are biting . . . everyone!

Billy Deep and his sister Sheena are spending another summer in the Caribbean on their uncle's totally cool floating lab. The weather is beautiful. And there are lots of neat places to go swimming and snorkeling.

Billy and Sheena are great swimmers. But even great swimmers get into trouble—especially this year. This year there's something...more
Published June 2006 by Scholastic Inc. (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Deep Trouble II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Trouble II

Salymar
It's very nice to reminisce some of my favorite books back in Elementary. This is a sequel to the story of the trouble-maker kids, Billy Deep and his sister, Sheena. In this story, they are in for more underwater adventures in the Caribbean when they are back with their uncle for another summer vacation.

They meet deeper trouble again starting with the evil scientist -Dr. Ritter (who planned to turn the Deep siblings into a fish), two giant-sized goldfish, and a man-eating jellyfish.

The story was...more
Nasheem
This book was ok. It's about 2 sibling named Billy and Sheena Deep. Their uncle has this cool floating lab in the Caribbean. Thats where they were staying at for that summer. As they go swimming they encounter sea monsters that are really big. They keep on growing and growing and their fun just got cancelled.
Cameron
I really loved the first Deep Trouble, but this one wasn't as good. It lacked mermaids. But it was still an entertaining book, and the cover was always one of my favorites. :)
Josiah
There were some parts in the first chapter that puzzled me a bit, especially when one holds it up against what happens in the third Goosebumps book that follows after this adventure ("Creep from the Deep", Goosebumps Horrorland #2). Since Billy is thirteen in "Deep Trouble II" and only twelve in "Creep from the Deep", does this mean that the latter volume took place earlier, most likely in the same summer as the original "Deep Trouble"? If so, then is "Deep Trouble II" (which is set during the...more
Colton
This one is hard to rate. On the one hand, I have really strong memories of enjoying this one as a kid, mostly for the wild adventure that was not scary in the least. However, rereading it, the adventure aspect is let down by crappy writing and goofy moments not to mention the absurdity of the entire plot. Though I'll be fair and say that in the context of the series, the plot is not even that unreasonable. Overall: quick, tame adventure story with very few surprises and some sequences that will...more
Ghadeer
after reading this book, I became afraid of all kinds of fish. I began staring at my aquarium afraid that my fish will grow huger than me!

Billy and his sister , Sheena, spend each summer vacation with their uncle, Dr D, on his floating lab. They can do many exciting things such as snorkeling and discovering the sea. Something strange began to happen. All the tiny fish began to grow bigger and bigger and they even wanted to eat human-beings! Dr. D discovered that there is Dr Ritter who made the P...more
Daniel Kirijenko
This was one of my first Goosebumps books i have ever read by R.L. Stine. I was expecting way better quality of the book and a better read than i had. The book itself was interesting until i was reaching the end, i could tell the whole story just by inferring what is going to happen. Since I'm a higher level book reader, this was a boring book that should have stayed in the library. When i found out how much the author was trying to fantasize stuff, it was a great putdown for my read.
AshleyiSee
I adore spooky tales from the deep and Deep Trouble II didn't disappoint!

Perfect for kids that have a low attention span, this book goes all over the place and is great for keeping their reading attention engaged.

I wish there had been more descriptions about the creatures that caused all the trouble, but when reading juvenile fiction you can't have everything.

R. L. Stine has done it again for providing a great resource for helping kids read and build a love for books!
Hampi Gogoi
Jan 20, 2014 Hampi Gogoi rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Not at all scary. I didn't even have a bump.
Patrick
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Drucilla
Actual rating: 2.5 stars. I really wanted to give this book 3 stars but the errors in the science drove me up the wall and the ending was just so bad. It's an interesting story but it's just handled badly.
Blackrose13
Brittany Perry
Didn't care for this one as much as the others. All in all I thought it was a bit too much like the first one. Still it was a funny read and I can see why children would like it.
Molly
The entire series is corny, silly, far from scary, and bordering on stupid. But it's ADDICTIVE. It's a genuinely amusing series. Good for kicking back and relaxing.
Alysha DeShaé
Magic plankton, this time?

[image error]
Miriam
This so far my favorite book! so much goes on and the ending is priceless and you'd pray for a deep trouble 3!
Jessie
The first Deep Trouble wasn't one of my top Goosebumps books so I really didn't see why a second was written.
Mia
good good good book i love books about this kind of stuff. animals always make the book more funner.
Gisbelle
It was a bit better than Deep Trouble I
Megan burling
i did not like it was stupit
Alex Gonsalves
Oct 24, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Fosa
Fosa marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Saurav Stark
Saurav Stark marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Extreme (Animorphs, #25)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)