Start by marking “Umbrellas and Their History” as Want to Read:
Umbrellas and Their History

Umbrellas and Their History

Can it be possibly believed, by the present eminently practical generation, that a busy people like the English, whose diversified occupations so continually expose them to the chances and changes of a proverbially fickle sky, had ever been ignorant of the blessings bestowed on them by that dearest and truest friend in need and in deed, the UMBRELLA?
Published June 22nd 2012 by Auk Academic (first published October 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Umbrellas and Their History, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Umbrellas and Their History

Debbie Zapata
Aug 25, 2016 Debbie Zapata rated it really liked it
Shelves: pg
You just never know when or where you will discover an entertaining treasure to read, have you noticed that? I have tons of books on my radar, but I decided to take a look at Project Gutenberg to find a few more books with titles that began with the letter U. I'm doing a big spellout challenge, you see. 34 (no, now 33) books to go to complete it, and 6 (no, now 5) of them need to have that letter U.

You'd be surprised at how many titles there are that start with U! But this was the one that caug
Mon Maryum
Nov 29, 2016 Mon Maryum rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction, u-title
Yes, I finished a boring book on the history of umbrellas! Yesterday I tried not to smirk when I was outside and I saw a lady holding an umbrella and I started contemplating on it's history. So, basically.....in summary, this is all as far as I want to remember-

*The Umbrella wasn't suddenly made to be so great. The way it was made before (before the alpaca was used) has made umbrellas pretty heavy made them wear easily

*Umbrellas were invented initially not to protect against rain, but to protect
Sype Corbon
Aug 19, 2014 Sype Corbon rated it did not like it
This book was ridiculous. Though I must say that at least they had a lot of information on umbrellas, the entire writing of a history book on umbrellas is quite ridiculous. Nevertheless, if you want to read a book about umbrellas or are doing a history assignment on anything relating to umbrellas, let me be the first to tell you, THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU.
Emma Jean
May 31, 2013 Emma Jean rated it did not like it
Most of it was painful. I probably would've enjoyed it more if I hadn't listened to it in audio format instead of reading it normally. Most of the readers were awful, with two exceptions in the middle chapters. The parachute chapter was the most interesting in its content.
Baker Romeo
Baker Romeo rated it it was ok
Dec 17, 2014
Chris Burnor
Chris Burnor rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Allison
Allison rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2014
Josh W.
Josh W. rated it did not like it
Sep 26, 2014
Andy
Andy rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Ryan
Ryan added it
Apr 29, 2013
PJ Beemer
PJ Beemer marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Hana
Hana marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016