Start by marking “My Dear Watson” as Want to Read:
My Dear Watson

My Dear Watson

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The greatest mystery surrounding Sherlock Holmes comes to light he was actually a woman! The master or rather, mistress of disguise finally puts pen to paper to reveal this decades-long deception and, in so doing, discovers another fact she kept secret even from herself. The complex mind of the brilliant consulting detective is finally opened to the public, in the chronicl ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by MX Publishing

To ask other readers questions about My Dear Watson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Dear Watson

Anthony
In Short
A female Sherlock Holmes.

Things to Like
A simple idea that is immediately engaging. Firstly is lots of humour to be had in the difficulty of maintaining the disguise. Secondly there is some nice exploration of social attitudes to gender. Put simply, a person who is a woman is a woman first and and person second.

Holmes and Constance Moriarty are two intelligent and resourceful women who have overcome the challenge in two very different ways. Moriarty has become a simpering vamp who manipul
Lana
I enjoyed this Holmes variation as an audio book. In the A.C. Doyle tradition it took a few twists and turns. The reader was very good at creating a voice for each character.
Laura Chase
Fun addition to the Holmes cannon of literature. I loved the fact the Sherlock is actually Lucy the younger sister of Mycroft Holmes. Good book for escape reading.
Sharon
I guess I didn't realize when I picked this book how much Bridges' premise that Sherlock Holmes was a woman would affect my enjoyment of the book. The writing was good; the story, outside of the gender thing, was plausible; the climax unforeseen, but I couldn't seem to get over Sherlock as a woman. Maybe it is that I have read all of Springer's Enola Holmes books and am much happier with the Holmes' persona in a little sister rather than in a cross-dressing female. Not sorry I read it and defini ...more
Frank
Another Holmes parody-spoof...listened to end of the library mp3. Nice female reader, nice British accent, amusing. There was even a bit of emotional tension with the infatuation of Watson with the villainess, possibly would get it to 3.5. Maybe the problem is that the original Holmes stories are dated so the parodies are dated. The Laurie R King series is better if you need a dose of Holmes updated.
Amanda
I love to give this book 3 1/2 stars. But I just could not give it 4. I liked the story idea of Holmes being a woman and the whole story held my attention well. I was completely surprised at the ending. The one thing, that I really didn't care that much for was, the characterization of Dr. Watson. For some reason, he just didn't come off feeling like Dr. Watson to me.
Notme
A really enjoyable "what if", written in style. The mystery part of it was not the strongest, but the atmosphere and characters made up for it.
Ross McKenrick
Light reading--like the sherbet that fine restaurants serve between courses. Cute.
Dave Draghi
Dave Draghi marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Ann Gloekler
Ann Gloekler marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
DJ Yossarian
DJ Yossarian marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
K
K marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
I Love the Rain Am I Big or Little? Now What Can I Do? Will You Take Care of Me? Edna Elephant: Brand New Readers