The Mystery of Case D. Luc

The Mystery of Case D. Luc (Cul-de-sac Kids #6)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Dunkum's new basketball has been signed by his hero, David Robinson. Now Dunkum spends all his time playing with the ball. He's much too busy for his Cul-de-sac friends.When the ball disappears, Dunkum finds a secret code. Someone with a weird name has stolen the basketball! And he's leaving messages everywhere! Who is the mysterious Case D. Luc? And will the codes lead Du...more
ebook
Published August 1st 1995 by Bethany House Publishers (first published July 1st 1995)

Mandy Hoffman
Dunkum learns a lesson on friendship when his basketball gets stolen. I liked how Beverly Lewis easily explained through the Cul-De-Sac kids how people are more important that things and favored toys. My 4 & 6 year old daughters enjoyed listening to me read the story out loud and my 2 year old son actually sat as I read through the whole book in one sitting. (It took about 45 minutes.)

This is another short read for a beginning reader, or a "longer" story to be read aloud to young ears. The f...more
Kristine Pratt
I wanted to like this book. I really did.

All I can say at last is this: If the main character is really that dumb, then maybe he deserved to lose his basketball. I felt like I just got hit over the head with a Bible lesson.

This just wasn't real enjoyable to read. Even with the codes to solve. Thankfully some of the other books in this series are better.
Mary-Jane
When Dunkum spends more time with his new basketball than with his cul-de-sac friends, they try to teach his a lesson. His basketball mysteriously goes missing, and he has to solve several codes. He comes to realize that having friends and spending time with them is more important than playing basketball.
Barb G
This was a good book. A fun "mystery" for kids to read. I liked this the most of any of the Cul de Sac kids books we have read so far.
Lexi
I loved these books when I was younger (way). They're Christian based so that makes it perfect!!!
Mary
Case D. Luc is Cul De Sac backwards!
Selina
Selina marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2013
Sir
Sir added it
Sep 11, 2013
A V
A V marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Beverly Lewis, raised in Pennsylvania Amish country and both a schoolteacher and an accomplished musician, has been an award-winning author for over a dozen years. Her acclaimed novel, The Preacher's Daughter, was a 2006 Quill Book Award finalist in the romance category. Her books have appeared on numerous best...more
More about Beverly Lewis...
The Shunning (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #1) The Covenant (Abram's Daughters, #1) The Betrayal (Abram's Daughters, #2) The Sacrifice (Abram's Daughters, #3) The Prodigal (Abram's Daughters, #4)