Start by marking “The Bull Rider's Brother (Bull Rider #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bull Rider's Brother (Bull Rider #1)

The Bull Rider's Brother (Bull Rider #1)

Rodeo weekend is the start of the summer for the entire town of Riggins, Idaho. On a girl's night out, Lizzie Hudson finds herself comparing her life as a single mom with her best friend's successful career when James Sullivan, the cowboy who got away, walks his Justin Ropers back into her life.

Seeing him shakes Lizzie's world but James is in for an even more eventful week
Published June 4th 2012 by Crimson Romance

To ask other readers questions about The Bull Rider's Brother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bull Rider's Brother

Valerie Bowman
Aug 31, 2014 Valerie Bowman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-romance
If you love a reunion story with heart, soul, and a little rodeo, this book is for you! It's a secret baby reunion story with angst, memories, and a lasting love.

The Bullrider's Brother is a sweet touching story about a woman who can't forgive her high school sweetheart and a sweetheart who can't forgive himself. The reunion of the two and their five-year-old son is absolutely heartwarming. It's a quick, enjoyable read.

I was pulled in from the first chapter when the hero thought, "the rodeo priz
Nancy
Jun 01, 2012 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lynn Cahoon created a hero that every woman would want. He's not a "knight in shining armor" but "The Bull Rider's Brother." Set in modern Idaho, the ambiance of a small town and the characters of rural America come to life. The realism of place, characters, and situations make for an enchanting read. The characters, especially hero and heroine, James and Liz, are those one can relate to and root for. This is a sweet romance that I would recommend, especially while sitting on a front porch swing ...more
Annie
Jan 31, 2013 Annie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Everything was going along just fine with this book. It was cute, but nothing amazing - and then we get to the last 40 or so pages and it went totally down the drain. (view spoiler) ...more
D'ann
May 17, 2012 D'ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m picky about my cowboy books. I’m pleased to say Lynn Cahoon’s The Bull Rider’s Brother didn’t disappoint. When Shawnee, Idaho, has their small but prestigious rodeo, it brings back to town James Sullivan, who left six years earlier. James manages his brother’s rodeo career, the thorn that has always been in Lizzie Hudson’s side. So much so she kept her pregnancy a secret from James. Now that he’s back, she has to face her past. A wonderful cast of characters, a setting that comes alive, and ...more
Yazmin
Nov 21, 2012 Yazmin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For my full review please click on the link below:

Nancy Crocker
Jan 31, 2013 Nancy Crocker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very pleasant read and was a great bargain also. I was able to purchased for .99 on amazon's deal of the day. It really deserves 4.5 stars. But I have read really amazing story's lately that really took my breath away and just could not justify the 5 stars this time. I would be interested in more from this author though.

This is the Love story between Lizzie & James. They were junior high and high school sweethearts. And Lizzie always felt there was one big obstacle between them,James brother
Anne Ashby
Dec 22, 2012 Anne Ashby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Bull Rider’s Brother is a heart-warming story of the reuniting of two people torn apart by misguided family loyalty. James felt a duty toward his brother whom he could not deny, while Lizzie allowed her mother’s dictum to keep the child they’d created a secret from his father.
This is a ‘feel good’ story where we soon understand what drives James and Lizzie. While both had been torn by the need to choose, their past decisions fit their characters. Lizzie’s prime concern is the care and wellbe
Morwa Pal
Jun 13, 2012 Morwa Pal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Lizzie Hudson’s weekend to-do-list was as follows. Girl friend Barb, check. Dad babysitting five year old JR until parade, check. James Sullivan riding back into her life, NO!
James Sullivan just wanted to keep his brother on track for their brief visit home. He gave up the girl he loved to be Jesse’s manager on the rodeo circuit. Seeing Lizzie brought back old feelings that he knew couldn’t be recaptured. That was until he found out about the surprise of his life.
Can these two gun shy lovers fi
Megan Kelly
Jun 04, 2012 Megan Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A contemporary Western romance that rings true to the West, celebrates the cowboy, and honors the women who put up with them. Lynn Cahoon's debut, THE BULL RIDER'S BROTHER, is a delight for fans of the modern West.
Liz Hudson may be down but she's far from out. She has a son to raise, a dad to help through grief, and rental cabins to manage. When her son's father (James) returns to town, old feelings surface, nearly swamping her. But this daughter of the West is made of tougher stuff.
Although t
Babs
Sep 16, 2012 Babs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, western
Lizzie's heart jumps in her throat when she sees James again after a long time between them. She's scared to death he will find out the truth about her son. James left one day without saying a word to Lizzie he was leaving. He always took care of his little brother and put him above everyone else including himself. Now that he knows he has a son and wants a life again with Lizzie he has to make some tough decisions. Will Lizzie be the winner this time?

A cute story about a couple who learns that
Diane Jewkes
Feb 19, 2013 Diane Jewkes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Small town life wasn't always in Lizzie Hudson's plans, but she has learned to change her priorities. She thinks she is doing fine until her past comes back to town in the form of James Sullivan, her high-school sweetheart. He left her with more than a broken heart and during the town rodeo weekend he comes face to face with his past. This is a great story of how the decisions of our youth can shape more lives than just our own. It's a story of love and forgiveness with great characters and a sa ...more
T
May 23, 2012 T rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
James and Lizzie are put through an emotional ringer during a weekend that changes everything. I really like that these characters have to do some serious soul searching, own up to past mistakes, and reexamine the dreams they left behind in order to get their second chance. Colorful and well-sketched secondary characters add meaning and layers to the story, and the setting drew me in from the very beginning. This was an emotionally satisfying read!
Abigail Sharpe
Sep 09, 2012 Abigail Sharpe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a sweet book and filled with emotional upheavals and happy reunions. I loved reading every minute and was sorry it was so short.

Poor James had his world turned upside down but he handled it all - definitely the type of guy I'd want in my corner. Definitely an enjoyable read and I can't wait for the sequel!
Lily Dewaruile
I enjoyed reading this story, drawn first by the title. If you like cowboys, secret babies, second chances and reconciliations, this story is a good place to start.

Note: I don't give stars or rate books by authors I know personally.
Elizabeth Lynn Casey
The Bull Rider's Brother is the kind of book that makes you believe in second chances...
I enjoyed this book very much and look forward to the next in the series!!
Janeiowa
Jan 31, 2013 Janeiowa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a shame this delighful novel was given such a cheesy title. The plot is good; the characters are interesting and worth knowing.

I look forward to more books by Ms Cahoon.
Sheila
Feb 11, 2013 Sheila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent, relaxing read!
Tina Detwiler
Feb 22, 2013 Tina Detwiler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really cute! Read it all today :)
Kellie Read
Feb 26, 2013 Kellie Read rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short but sweet!! Loved this book such a good read!!!!!
Luisa
Feb 02, 2013 Luisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
An easy peasy novel, but I didn't love the male character, he was a little wishy-washy
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
4.5 Star Review

Reviewed at: HarlequinJunkie.com

The Bull Rider's Brother is a sweet, sensual and emotionally deep romance.

Rodeo weekend has arrived at Shawnee, Idaho. Lizzie is happy to see her best friend and have a girl’s weekend, but she can’t help but compare her single-mom life to her best friend’s successful career. She can’t help but wonder what could have been, but she would not change her life for anything. But now she knows better than to trust a cowboy.

After almost six years away James
Fyreball
Feb 03, 2013 Fyreball rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
Couldn't finish this one.
Interesting (but not unique) premise: Former sweethearts separate badly, she finds out she's pregnant but doesn't tell the father, he returns and the story takes off from there. This is one of my favorite plot devices but the tension that should have been there just wasn't. James finds out in public about his son at a very awkward time and he.... doesn't really react. He says he's mad but acts happy. There's zero tension coming from him or from his son. As a cowboy, livi
Brandy Dorsch
Apr 30, 2013 Brandy Dorsch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for a review. I am not normally a cowboy fan. I know, I know. How can I live in North Dakota and not be a HUGE cowboy fan, right? The fact is that in the past the books that I had read that were “western” left a lot to be desired for me. We all have our genres that quiver our toes. I am glad to be able to say that I will consider more cowboys in the future.
I understand the need to be there for your family. Sometimes that is the only thing that we can h
Frances Botelho
Sep 10, 2014 Frances Botelho rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
little brother saves the day...

James takes his role as big brother seriously, so much so that he gave up his dreams to help Jesse makenit big as a champion bull rider. Lizzie never stopped loving James, but her dreams changed when he left her. She never told him she was pregnant, but they meet again six years later and he discovers he has a son. Little brother Jesse knows its time for James to cut the apron strings that tie them together and along with Mom Angie they scheme to get Lizzie and Ja
Yasmin  Vasquez
Apr 24, 2015 Yasmin Vasquez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good

This was a very good book, it had romance, an alpha male, and hot cowboys. I can't wait to read book 2!
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Edna
Edna rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2013
Jess
Jess rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2013
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2016
Anneliese Bennion
Anneliese Bennion rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Collision (Buckin' Bull Riders, #2)
  • Destiny Wears Spurs
  • Aces Wild (Angels Avengers #1)
  • What a Texas Girl Wants (Texas Wishes #1)
  • Wild Mustang Man
  • Heart of Mine (Bandit Creek, #16)
  • The Outlaw (Willow Creek, #2)
  • Cowboy-Sexy
  • The Sheriff Catches a Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #5)
  • Unspoken Promises
  • California Caress
  • Wagon Train Cinderella (Women of the West #1)
  • The Secret Ingredient (Secret Ingredient, #1)
  • A Place to Rest My Heart
  • Loveland
  • Soul Seducer
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Courtship (Cooper Creek, #6)
  • Treat
Lynn Cahoon is the author of the NYT and USA Today bestselling Tourist Trap cozy mystery series. Guidebook to Murder, book 1 of the series won the Reader's Crown for Mystery Fiction in 2015. She's also the author of the soon to be released, Cat Latimer series, with the first book, A STORY TO KILL, releasing in mass market paperback September 2016.She lives in a small town like the ones she loves t ...more
More about Lynn Cahoon...

Bull Rider (3 books)
  • The Bull Rider’s Manager (Bull Rider #2)
  • The Bull Rider's Keeper (Bull Rider #3)