Start by marking “Texas Pride (Night Riders #6)” as Want to Read:
Texas Pride (Night Riders #6)

Texas Pride (Night Riders #6)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  23 reviews
A PRINCE AMONG MEN

Carla Reece had never met anyone more infuriating in her life. The blond giant who swaggered up to her door had no right to take over half her ranch - no matter how stupid her brother had been gambling it away in a high-stakes poker game. Her new foreman claimed to be some foreign royalty who promised to leave in a year. Still, a year was way too long to
Published March 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Texas Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Texas Pride

Shannon
I was happy when I won this from a Goodreads giveaway. Though to be honest, part of me was a bit weary after learning that the writer was a man. I wouldn't say I'm sexist towards male writers, but my reading preferences tend to go towards female authors. I've never read a romance book by a guy before so, I was interested to see how this book would be. No one can write from a girl's perspective better than a girl herself, so I didn't know if the romance was going to be up to snuff. The book start ...more
steph
Ugh. Did not like this. I think it was the writing, I have never read this author before but her writing style did not work for me. Instead of things being felt, I felt things were being explained far too much for my personal liking. I liked Ivan but he was just TOO perfect and I didn't mind him and Carla togetherbut again, I just didn't feel them and the whole going back to Poland storyline annoyed me. I didn't mind the storyline with the rustler's and thief's and stealing of goods (this is Tex ...more
Kim
I received this book for free as a First Reads giveaway.

I have to be honest. This book really didn’t do it for me. I like characters to grab my interest in the first few chapters and keep me wanting to come back for more. It was a good story but it seemed to drag on a little and I just didn’t have that connection with Carla and Ivan. Others did seem to enjoy this book, so I am assuming it was just not my type.
Blodeuedd Finland
No blurb to be found on goodreads, what a horror. Now I have to say something, but then again this review will go on my blog and I just have to look harder..

Anyway. A cowboy prince, now that is something new for me and I liked it. Not to mention most books I have read about cowboys have been modern ones, but here we got real cowboys. And I do love cowboys.

Carla loves her ranch. She is outspoken and is being courted by two men, cos she is pretty and the farm is big. But she wants something else.
Linda Banche
Penniless nobility, female ranchers, treachery, action, and loads of romance set in 1870’s Texas--TEXAS PRIDE has it all.

Impoverished Polish prince Ivan came to America ten years ago to seek his fortune. What he found were the privations of war as a soldier, backbreaking work as a cowhand, and betrayal from someone he thought a friend. When that same false friend offers him half a ranch he won in a card game if Ivan works it for a year, he is understandably wary. But selling his half of the ranc
archdandy
I don't really have much to say about this one. I received a copy of this book through a goodreads win and it was an advanced copy but unfortunatley it took me a while to get reading it. The book did a good job of making me feel like I was in Texas during the plot takes place in. I didn't even notice that it was a male author until I was about half way through the book when I read another review of it. So there's that.

Hmm...oh, I did have a complaint about the first and only sex scene in the bo
Lisa Jo

TEXAS PRIDE is a stellar addition to the Night Riders series by Leigh Greenwood. Entertaining drama, fabulous characters and an emotional love story make this a western romance to treasure.

Carla Reece loves her brother Danny, but sometimes he can do some pretty stupid things. Like gambling away his half of their ranch in a poker game to one of the most rotten men in Texas, Laveau diViere. Furious, Carla waits for Laveau to come claim his half, but instead a young man from Poland rides up to her
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

Carla has been taking care of the ranch since her parents’ deaths and can’t believe that her brother would be so dumb. He bet his half of the ranch with a gambler in town and lost it!

Mr. Greenwood writes a well-paced story with lots of action, a smoldering romance, cultural differences and a good look at western history. There is enough in this book to hold your interest until the end.

Carla is a strong young woman fighting for acknow
Terra
I did enjoy this story but it became a bit more than I could take when our hero plays stupid just a wee bit too much. We all know he's smart and kind but he story doesn't focus as much on that as it does on a furious heroine and then our hero.

Carla Reece is a stubborn western gal who is trying her darndest to keep the ranch that her mother and father left to her and her brother afloat. Also trying to raise said brother who is still wet behing the ears is a tough job to handle so when he comes ho
Leigh
In this story you are transported back in time to Texas in the 1870's. Carla and Danny Reece own a ranch in Overlin, Texas. Carla has to come to grips with the knowledge that her younger brother has lost his half of their ranch in a poker game. She meets the man who has come to take possession of half her ranch. Ivan, who claims to be an exiled prince from Poland, says he will run that half of the ranch for one year and then sell it so he can return to Poland. Carla has conflicting emotions abo ...more
Seriously Reviewed
I have been a Leigh Greenwood fan for years. Now, when I say years we are talking since I was a teenager and let me say that teen years were many moons ago :) In my opinion, he is one of the best and deserves to be recognized as such.

I, along with my mother, have an extensive collection of Leigh's books that will forever be on our shelves as we revisit them often and each time find ourselves caught up in the emotion and grandure of his writing style.

Texas Pride is no exception.

Emotional, entert
Becky Condit
3 1/2 stars!

The plot is as fun as an old-fashioned Western movie, as Carla and Ivan move toward the moment when a decision has to be made: stay together and move to Poland or separate and live the rest of their lives longing for the one they love. I loved sweet gentleman Ivan and the strong pioneer woman Carla, but there were also secondary characters to love, hate, and want to shake sense into. At its core, though, this is a plot-driven story, and Mr. Greenwood does that well. TEXAS PRIDE is ex
Marcie
A western romance novel is a bit different from what I normally pick up lately. The female character is enough of an independent sort to appeal to me. Her male counterpart is a playful rendition of the "dashing prince" as he can only appear in Reconstruction Texas.

Texas Pride is a cute story with a low reading level and is actually rather chaste in sex/romance scenes. I'd actually let a teenager read it, unlike some of the other books I regularly review on here.

Don't pick this up if you are not
Ambereen
Carla and Ivan are from two completely different worlds, which happen to collide through a gambling mistake made by Carla's brother, causing Ivan to have a claim on the ranch that Carla's family has built. Although things start out rocky, Ivan and Carla eventually become friends and more rather quickly. The question is: how will they resolve the gamble Carla's brother made with their family ranch.

I found this book to be entertaining and the tension that was built up could sink boats. If you take
Mireille
Well it took me four months to read, so that gives you an idea.

(It wasn't THAT terrible, hence the two stars, I just think it wasn't much my style at all - not much for either historicals or cowboys, so. I thought the main characters could have been fine but I didn't really get into them, so. The writing was okay though the plot was reallyyy predictable. Don't really recommend, unless it pings your catnip radar for some reason.)
Megan
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. This is the first book I have read that was written by Leigh Greenwood, and I really enjoyed it. It wasn't what I expected in a romance, it had a lot more going on in the story and lots of action that kept things exciting. I thought that all of the characters were well written about and I got into the story and cared about what happened to them.
Gail
Hero's a Polish immigrant who's been hired/bribed to manage half a ranch his enemy won in a poker game. (Never really do learn why the bad guy wanted him to manage the ranch...) Heroine's the owner of the other half of the ranch and furious that her brother got into the game and the bad guy suckered him into getting drunk. There are rustlers and all kinds of craziness.
Dianna
This review sums up how I feel very well: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

For clarification, I also won the book through a Goodreads giveaway.
Jessica
It was an ok story, but it could have been saved with a few better scenes. But it served its purpose- I didnt fall asleep on the long train ride!! ...more
Martha
Predictible. Light. Jumpy in spots. Okay palate cleanser but not a great one.
Dorothy Hensel
a good, fun read. I have always enjoyed this author's books
Sharon Sherman
A brother's stupid gamble and 1/2 the land gone.
Lindsay
Jan 06, 2013 Lindsay marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
On sale for $0.99 … one day only 1/6/2013
Loonyhiker
Loonyhiker marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Glenda Obanion
Glenda Obanion marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Lord of Fire and Ice
  • Dylan  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #2)
  • A Gentleman Says "I Do" (The Rogues' Dynasty, #5)
  • The Rogue Pirate's Bride (The Sons of the Revolution, #3)
  • Magic Gone Wild (Bottled Magic #3)
  • True Highland Spirit (Highlander #3)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil
  • Lord of the Black Isle (Black Douglas #3)
  • Demons Like It Hot (Demons Unleashed, #2)
  • Dark Sins and Desert Sands (Mythica #5)
  • Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel (Beau Monde, #1)
  • The Harder They Fall (Love & Laughter #24)
  • A Lady's Revenge (Nexus, #1)
  • The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale, #2)
  • Catch Me
  • Icebound
  • Wildest Dreams
  • Lessons After Dark (Englefield, #2)

Night Riders (7 books)
  • Texas Homecoming (Night Riders, #1)
  • Texas Bride (Night Riders, #2)
  • Born to Love (Night Riders, #3)
  • Someone Like You (Night Riders, #4)
  • When Love Comes (Night Riders, #5)
  • Heart of a Texan (Night Riders, #7)
Rose (Seven Brides, #1) Fern (Seven Brides, #2) Laurel (Seven Brides, #4) Violet (Seven Brides, #6) Lily (Seven Brides, #7)