Start by marking “The Days of Our Lives: The True Story of One Family's Dream and the Untold History of Days of Our Lives” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Days of Our Lives:...

Ken Corday

On a November day forty-five years ago, the first episode of Days of our Lives appeared on the NBC Network. What few know though is that the show started as the dream of one family, the Corday family, who still owns and runs the show to this day.
These are the days of their lives.
The Days of our Lives is the first insider account of the history behind one of our most belo
Published November 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Days of Our Lives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Days of Our Lives

Julie
Mar 20, 2011 Julie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a poorly written book with very little in the way of behind the scenes stories - especially since Ken Corday must have witnessed some interesting stuff. The deaths of his family members are dragged out, and the whole story is just so self-interested. I wished it had been much more interesting and on top of that the book was just so poorly written.
Kathleen
Jan 08, 2011 Kathleen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terribly written/edited. It's a shame because the story itself was compelling; I was so wanting it to work. Read like a disjointed high school graduation speech.
Caroline
The story was interesting. I was expecting more. No amazing secrets revealed or anything.
Lynne
Jan 17, 2011 Lynne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-reviewed
Having inherited a love for the series from my younger years, spent at home with my mother, I enjoyed this quick and easy read about the soap opera dynasty and the story of the family who created it. While there isn't a lot in terms of substance or deep secrets revealed, I wasn't expecting it to be such and therefore did not feel disappointed by its mostly light tone. I would only recommend this book to people who watch Days of Our Lives and have watched it for some time.
My Book Views
Aug 27, 2010 My Book Views rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Corday tells the touching story of how his father created the long-running daytime soap and how his mother took over the show when her husband succumbed to cancer. The mix of family history, show history, and the happenings of the present-day ratings game and budget cuts is perfect. Even as a viewer of more than a decade, I learned quite a bit about Days of our Lives. I consider this a must read for fans of the genre and those interested in the history of television.
Lisa
If you love the show Days of our lives, then this book is for you. This book gives you insights in to how the show was created and what's kept the show on the air for more then forty years. If you are hoping to hear a lot about your favorite character or actor, then don't bother. This is Ken's book and talks about his family's dream and how they made their dreams come true.
Donna
Apr 13, 2011 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memoirs, biography
Since I have been watching Days of Our Lives from the onset, I really enjoyed reading Mr. Corday's book about how the show got started and all that it takes to keep my favorite soap opera on the air.
I also enjoyed reading about the people who play the characters on the program. I hope the show continues for many, many more years.
Nicole
May 26, 2010 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, tv-related
The touching story of how Corday's father created the long-running daytime soap and how his mother took over the show when her husband succumbed to cancer. Betty is one impressive woman!!

I learned quite a bit about the show, the family, and some television history (which is, of course, always a subject of interest for me).
Laurie
May 27, 2010 Laurie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Worth a read if you are or have been a fan of Days of Our Lives. Nothing super groundbreaking, although interesting to think of a tv show as a family business.
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2011
Sherry
Sherry rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Cathy Garbutt
Cathy Garbutt rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Shay
Shay rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2010
Erin Brodhagen
Erin Brodhagen rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2012
Genie Kahn
Genie Kahn rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Meghan
Meghan rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2011
Linda Keiles
Linda Keiles rated it it was ok
Jun 29, 2010
Ann Goodwin
Ann Goodwin rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2015
Teresa Margiotta
Teresa Margiotta rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2012
Marie Cauley
Marie Cauley rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2011
Jo
Jo rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2011
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2010
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2013
Marissa
Marissa rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2012
Babs
Babs rated it it was ok
Jul 13, 2010
LaRuth Crawford
LaRuth Crawford rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2015
Logan
Logan rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2013
Emmie
Emmie rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2014
Carole
Carole rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2014