Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1.5)

Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter #1.5)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  299 ratings  ·  32 reviews
From the author of "Alpha Instinct "comes a sexy and thrilling novella about a man who must protect the woman he loves and convince her to be his completely....
Lupine shifter Nikan Lawless has it bad for Esperanze Cordona, the sweet and curvy woman who views him only as a friend. But when Nikan is assigned to act as Esperanze's bodyguard during a weekend education confere...more
ebook
Published August 7th 2012 by New American Library

Dee
I read the first in the series and was impressed, it would seem that I like virtually everything KR writes! I am not usually a lover of novellas as they are so too short but this was a fair size and being able to continue with this series made me happy ☺
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
The early stages of Nikan and Essie's courtship reminded me somewhat of an S&M relationship with their alpha / beta roles. The progression of their feelings for each other was believable and impressive for a short novella. The flirt scenes are almost as hot as the sex scenes. The plot ties in nicely with what's going on in the series and the ending is satisfying.
Laura Wright
Mmmmm, Nikan!! Nothing hotter than a protective Lupine Shifter! Loving this story..
Larissa
4.5 Stars

**NO Spoilers

Paranormal Romance + Shifters is simply one of my favorite combinations EVER! The Moon Shifter series hit all the right spots for me. A great pack structure, Hot Alpha males, strong female characters, loads of smexy times and just the right amount of action.

I loved the story line in Alpha Instinct and how it set us up for the rest of the series. Connor and Ana make an amazing Alpha couple =)

Lover's Instinct was a lovely novella. It showed a different kind of relationship, s...more
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Lover’s Instinct was a great novella. But like any good novella it was to short. I really wanted more of Nikan & Esperanze.

Lover’s Instinct takes place between Alpha Instinct & Primal Possession, but can be read as a stand alone. Although I would highly recommend reading Alpha Instinct first.

In Lover’s Instinct we meet Esperanze who is the cousin of the female Alpha. After a string of murders leaves the pack reeling Esperanze decides she need a weekend away. Just a weekend away to regr...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Lovers Instinct was an awesome little novella! It is a friends to lovers story which always work so well for novella length tales. The fact that Esperanze and Nikan had been spending so much time together hanging out as friends allows their romance to move at fast pace. The needed connection and feeling were there just waiting for one of them the make the necessary move.

Nikan decided to make his move. He has finally clued in on the fact that Esperanze is oblivious to his attentions. He uses the...more
Sandy
LOVER’S INSTINCT (Moon Shifter Novella #1.5) by Katie Reus

LOVER’S INSTINCT is the August 7, 2012 release in Katie Reus’s Moon Shifter series.

Nikan Lawless is a wolf shifter: an alpha warrior who knows what he wants and he wants Esperanze. With the recent poisonings and deaths throughout the pack, Nikan wants to ensure that the woman, who would one day be his mate and bond-mate, was well guarded and protected. Suspecting the Antiparanormal League is responsible for the series of deaths, Nikan ac...more
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas
This was a very short and sweet novella that quenched my lupine love just a bit.
I also got a sneak peek of the first chapter of the next book of the Moon Shifter series that comes out next month, "Primal Possession", which I've been counting down to. =)
I had not been able to read for a few days now thanks to errands and school work...so I needed something to read in between college assignments that would take me away from American Government (that happens...more
Michelle McKinney
This is a short novella that follow Esperanze and Nikan right after their packs united and two cousins passed. Esperanze is going to a lecture of a former professor and Nikan is going as protection, or so she thinks. While there her former professor runs into some problems and Nikan agrees to help him get his 'human' friend back. Esperanze and Nikan end up in some action, and find love when they were just the best of friends.

I highly recommend reading this book because it tells about some pack...more
Dawn
Nikan Lawless has decided he wants to mate with Esperanze Cordona. For a long time he has been trying to woo her subtly but Esperanze has him in the friend zone. Nikan decides he needs to take drastic action and Esperanze’s conference in DC makes for the perfect opportunity to claim her. Esperanze on the other hand has definite feelings about Nikan but she sees him as an alpha and Esperanze wants to be a partner not a possession.

This was a really cute story and I was wishing it was longer. I lik...more
Tania
"Lover's Instinct" by Katie Reus. Novella 1.5 in the Moon Shifters Series.

Really, really enjoyed this novella! Loved the characters of Esperanze and Nikan. Begin a novella, the story starts out really fast. Esperanze (Essie) is going away to a conference for the weekend and Nikan has been "ordered" to go with her as protection. Essie thinks she's friends with Nikan, but Nikan knows she's his mate...he's know since he first saw her months ago when he joined her pack. Now he just has to convince h...more
Tina
I really enjoyed this novella. I enjoyed watching the hero and heroine do the mating dance. I liked the fact that the majority of the book focused on Nikan and Esperanze (Essie). This book has the perfect formula of love, lust, friendship, and a touch of intrigue.

This is the second book that I have read by Katie Reus. I must say I do like the way she writes an alpha werewolf who mates with a strong female. The females she writes are strong, yet soft, nurturing, yet vulnerable (but not needy).

I...more
Michelle
I really enjoyed this novella, Esperanze is Ana's cousin and she is trying to come to terms with the events of Alpha Instinct. When the opportunity arises for her to attend a conference and spend time with some old acquaintances, she jumps at it. Unfortunately she didn't realise this would mean that Nikan, the sexy alpha, would be accompanying her to act as a bodyguard.

The attraction between the two is undeniable, it's a shame it was so short. It certainly wet my appetite for the upcoming Prima...more
Polly
Well planned fast novella. Intense plot and a very nice love story. Great addition to the series.
Avey Shannon
I give Katie Reus' Lover’s Instinct, a “Moon Shifter” novella a 5 star rating, even though it would have been even a better story as a full length novel. The storyline was great, the characters of Nikan and Essie were perfect, we were given a small glimpse into the vampire world, met a jaguar shifter that I hope we will have more information given about in future books or even have his own story and a great lead-in for the next installment.
Darcy
This was a fun addition to this series. I loved Essie and her quiet ways, loved that Nikan loved that about her and courted her in a way that would break through her walls. His move to accompany her on a trip was a great idea. Even the trouble that they found didn't hurt them, instead by listening to Essie, Nikan showed just how much he valued her, which went a long way to push away any niggling fears Essie had about an alpha mate.
Sheila Grindatti
I'm really liking this author... she's not afraid of diversity and she has sucked me into the story line. She writes great characters that you truely get into and it's just a really fun read. She cut down some of her repetativeness in this book so..... yeah! By the time I finished this book I was all into when and where the next book was coming and I downloaded book 2 and pre-ordered book 3.
Jacy
Cute little story into the life of a beta and a warrior who feel in love with her. With the turmoil of the first book still fresh in the minds and hearts of the pack, Esperanze just needs to get away. Nikan is desperate convince her to be more than just friends and accompanies her on an adventure that leaves them both knowing what they truly want! Quick read and very action packed!
Tina
I liked these 2 characters from the first time I met them in the first book. I really like their chemistry and friendship. I love how Nikan gets all alpha without really being a jerk. He is never mean to Essie, just stern and concerned about her. Even though she is a Beta, Essie has a strong character. I can't wait to read the next story in this series.
Peggy Jw
Loved this mini story with these two =] Was a cute short read that helped add a little more to the overall plot of the series. Essi and Nik are awesome =] The read is pretty short but the addition to the series is nice if you love the series and how the author writes and draws you into the story.
Deanne
Esperanze Cordona needs a break from her pack after losing her sister and cousin, and what betterway to that when she escape for the weekend , but everything changes when warrior lupine Nikan Lawless tags along as her body guard .

Very sweet novella by the lovely Katie Reus
Isabel Vazquez
Nikan is a lupine shifter who is assigned to escort his crush Esperanze Cordona to an out of town conference. He has other plans in mind and cancels the extra room. Then they run into some trouble. What an enticing read.
Laurie Bongiorno
2.5 Stars This is not my favorite writing style... again. I find it hard to get involved with the characters. Instead of inner dialogue or actual dialogue it feels more like a cateloging of what is going on - too impersonal:(
Kay_Vee
More 4 than 3 stars, 3.5 stars

Good introduction to the "Moon Shifter" world in a novella that works as a standalone or as a lead in to book two in the serial. The couple are both really sweet and really hot together.
Amy (So Many Reads Book Blog)
This was a great novella for this series. I enjoyed Essie and Nikan's relationship and weekend adventure. Really looking forward to Primal Possession!
Annelise
Loved it! Once again a well written story. I liked the turmoil and the romance. Thanks for another wonderful story.
Tamara
Really good, but I wanted more of an ending, it just kind of stops... in anticipation of Primal Possesion
Rochelle
I really loved this book and am really looking forward to reading more books in this series!
Michelle the Romance Witch
3.5 stars. short but fun and sexy read with lots of adventure and heart.
Glenda Bettin
Getting to really enjoy the moon shifters, looking forward to the next one
  • Claiming His Mate (Crescent Moon, #2)
  • Changed (The Wolf's Den #2)
  • Eternal Beauty (Mark of the Vampire #4.5)
  • Wolf's Valentine (Westervelt Wolves, #3.5)
  • Hunter's Heart (Alpha Pack, #4)
  • Dire Wants (Eternal Wolf Clan, #2)
  • Hard Mated (Shifters Unbound, #3.5)
  • Pack Territory (Were Chronicles, #3)
  • Wicked Werewolf Passion (Werewolf Society, #3)
  • Dark Highland Fire (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #2)
  • The Wolf Within (Purgatory, #1)
  • Talon/Xavier (Bayou Heat, #5-6)
  • Worth Fighting For (Alpine Woods Shifters, #4)
  • The Werewolf's Wife
  • Hot and Dangerous (Decorah Security #5)
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer....more
More about Katie Reus...
Alpha Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1) No One to Trust (Red Stone Security, #1) Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2) Primal Possession (Moon Shifter, #2) First Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #1)