Start by marking “The Dress of the Season: A Penguin Special from Berkley Sensation” as Want to Read:
The Dress of the Season: A Penguin Special from Berkley Sensation

The Dress of the Season: A Penguin Special from Berkley Sensation (The Blue Raven #4.5)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  201 ratings  ·  22 reviews

Harris Dane, Viscount Osterley, orders a very fine and scandalously cut dress to be made for a certain lady he wishes to woo. While with the dress designer, he also orders a pair of gloves to be sent to his ward, Miss Felicity Grove, to wish her well for the new Season. But when Felicity accidentally receives the dress, along with Osterley's affectionate note, it sets into
Published April 1st 2012 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about The Dress of the Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dress of the Season

One of those reads that remind me why I started reading romance-for the happy sights of pleasure over a well written book about true love.

It can be read as a stand alone and still shine in all of its glory.
Still, I recommend to readers to try out this author in general. She knows how to spin a story and portrait good three dimensional characters.
This little bit of fluff was fun to read, but not really one of the abiding classics of romance.

It's just terrible how the wealthy young bachelors of the world are so oppressed by their responsibility for their beautiful wards that they are forced to visit ladies of a certain reputation for the release of their needs.

In this case, the whole thing is complicated by a mis-delivered scandalous dress made out of magical wish-giving cloth. I hate it when that happens.

Also, Lady Worth ends up looking

His body was coursing with the knowledge that he and Felicity Grove were embracing .
He had been too long without a woman. That had to be it. Needs had been building for months—hell, it was the reason he had sought out the widowed Mrs. Grace to begin with.

Felicity did not look like Mrs. Grace so much as Mrs. Grace looked like Felicity.

He had the hots for the girl (childhood love) under his guardianship, so he he had to have his needs taken care of by a mistress. The poor dear, how dreadfu
I thought for a Novella Kate has done really well at character developement if you are looking for it. Not sure it's there as obvious as it may have been in a longer book. At first you think here we go, another skirt chasing nobleman after a new mistress gets reformed by falling in love. But it couldn't be further from the truth. Once again it's a brilliant reminder that people aren't always what they seem on the surface and that experiences often make them become something they aren't and the s ...more
Good story, interesting characters... a bit on the short side, but that explains why Kobo had it at the low cost. I think these characters would hold up well in a longer book.
My first Kate Noble read and it was great. I really enjoyed this novella and will definitely be reading more of her books!
She tells a good story, that Kate Noble. This one's a novella--I read it in one night.
Michelle Kaye
I enjoyed this novella, and in fact it was a re-read (all the way through).
Strangely best book in the series. I kind of loved it.
Started out just fine, then fell apart.
Lorena Haro
LOved it, and 100 pages only, better
Very cute short story from a "new to me" author. Parts of this story moved really slow but the sweet feel of two friends rediscovering each other and becoming something more made up for the pace. I only wish that Harris would have made up for his callous behavior towards Felicity in some way. I got tired of her always being the one pursuing him. I would've liked to have seen some effort on his part. I'll probably be checking out one of the authors full length novels in the future.
Jessica Luther
My full review here.

The Dress of the Season does a pretty good job with pacing, the chemistry between the characters, giving us a different-enough story to hold my attention throughout.My favorite thing about this novella was the strong-willed character of Felicity.
Kate Forsyth
A sweet little Regency romance novella, adroitly handled by the author, and quite a nice way to pass the commute to work. It’s so short it can be read in an hour or so. I downloaded it on to my e-reader while caught with nothing to read in an airport, and finished it just as the gates opened for boarding. Nice.
My first e-book. Very fun, sweet book, with an easy plot to follow. Just the right thing for a couple of hours reading on a rainy day. Kate Noble is witty and smaart in her writing. I always enjoy them. Can't think of better way to spend $2.99
A little bit of fluff over an unfortunate mix up over a revealing silver dress that brings together a gentleman and his younger ward and the discovery that perhaps they're meant for one another. Some poignant moments, I liked it.

Samie Kauchis
One of the better Novella's I've read in my time... Usually I'm not a fan of them, but this one flowed nicely and was a quaint little addition to the Blue Raven series of books. :)
Short and formulaic. Nothing spectacular. Nothing bad. Good for passing time if you don't have anything better to do.
Sandra R
I really enjoyed this story. Just the right amount of romance and I loved the interaction between the h/h.
Didn't feel much of a connection with the characters/romance.
Melody marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Javeria Fatima
Javeria Fatima is currently reading it
Nov 18, 2015
MP added it
Nov 03, 2015
Andrea marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
  • Three Schemes and a Scandal (The Writing Girls, #3.5)
  • Christmas Brides
  • The Rake and the Wallflower
  • Your Wicked Heart (Rules for the Reckless, #0.5)
  • The Millionaire Rogue (The Hope Diamond Trilogy, #2)
  • Surprising Lord Jack (Duchess of Love, #2)
  • The Education of Miss Patterson
  • At the Duke's Wedding (A romance anthology)
  • When Good Earls Go Bad: A Victorian Valentine's Day Novella (Dukes Behaving Badly, #1.5)
  • An Angel for the Earl
  • The Perfect Lady Worthe
  • Too Sinful To Deny (Wicked Sinful #2)
  • The Kissing Game
  • The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • The Virtuous Ward (Sweet Deception Regency #5)
  • Captain Durant's Countess (The London List, #2)
  • Miss Mistletoe (Sealed With a Kiss, #1.5)
  • A Rake by Any Other Name (Somerfield Park, #1)
Kate Rorick

Kate Noble is the national bestselling, RITA-nominated author of historical romances, including the acclaimed Blue Raven series and the Winner Takes All series. Her books have earned her numerous accolades, including comparisons to Jane Austen, which just makes her giddy.
In her other life as Kate Rorick, she is an Emmy-award winning writer of television and web series, having writte
More about Kate Noble...

The Blue Raven (6 books)
  • Revealed (The Blue Raven, #1)
  • The Summer of You (The Blue Raven #2)
  • Follow My Lead (The Blue Raven, #3)
  • If I Fall (The Blue Raven, #4)
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)