Start by marking “The Dress of the Season: A Penguin Special from Berkley Sensation” as Want to Read:
The Dress of the Season: A Penguin Special from Berkley Sensation

The Dress of the Season: A Penguin Special from Berkley Sensation (The Blue Raven #4.5)

Harris Dane, Viscount Osterley, orders a very fine and scandalously cut dress to be made for a certain lady he wishes to woo. While with the dress designer, he also orders a pair of gloves to be sent to his ward, Miss Felicity Grove, to wish her well for the new Season. But when Felicity accidentally receives the dress, along with Osterley's affectionate note, it sets into
ebook
Published April 1st 2012 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about The Dress of the Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dress of the Season

Dinjolina
One of those reads that remind me why I started reading romance-for the happy sights of pleasure over a well written book about true love.

It can be read as a stand alone and still shine in all of its glory.
Still, I recommend to readers to try out this author in general. She knows how to spin a story and portrait good three dimensional characters.
heidi
May 01, 2013 heidi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, romance, reviewed
This little bit of fluff was fun to read, but not really one of the abiding classics of romance.

It's just terrible how the wealthy young bachelors of the world are so oppressed by their responsibility for their beautiful wards that they are forced to visit ladies of a certain reputation for the release of their needs.

In this case, the whole thing is complicated by a mis-delivered scandalous dress made out of magical wish-giving cloth. I hate it when that happens.

Also, Lady Worth ends up looking
Nenya
Jul 25, 2015 Nenya rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfaithful-hero

His body was coursing with the knowledge that he and Felicity Grove were embracing .
...
He had been too long without a woman. That had to be it. Needs had been building for months—hell, it was the reason he had sought out the widowed Mrs. Grace to begin with.
...

Felicity did not look like Mrs. Grace so much as Mrs. Grace looked like Felicity.

He had the hots for the girl (childhood love) under his guardianship, so he he had to have his needs taken care of by a mistress. The poor dear, how dreadfu
Lynn Hossler
So much potential...

I felt there was so much potential to develop these characters. All we got was a hint into their lives. The ending was extremely disappointing. The ending was so abrupt. Again so much potential to add depth to the story and the characters.
Aissata
Read it before the Governess book. Really made me want to read more about this author.
Shanan
I thought for a Novella Kate has done really well at character developement if you are looking for it. Not sure it's there as obvious as it may have been in a longer book. At first you think here we go, another skirt chasing nobleman after a new mistress gets reformed by falling in love. But it couldn't be further from the truth. Once again it's a brilliant reminder that people aren't always what they seem on the surface and that experiences often make them become something they aren't and the s ...more
Samantha
Very cute short story from a "new to me" author. Parts of this story moved really slow but the sweet feel of two friends rediscovering each other and becoming something more made up for the pace. I only wish that Harris would have made up for his callous behavior towards Felicity in some way. I got tired of her always being the one pursuing him. I would've liked to have seen some effort on his part. I'll probably be checking out one of the authors full length novels in the future.
Kate Forsyth
A sweet little Regency romance novella, adroitly handled by the author, and quite a nice way to pass the commute to work. It’s so short it can be read in an hour or so. I downloaded it on to my e-reader while caught with nothing to read in an airport, and finished it just as the gates opened for boarding. Nice.
Jessica Luther
Jun 10, 2012 Jessica Luther rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
My full review here.

The Dress of the Season does a pretty good job with pacing, the chemistry between the characters, giving us a different-enough story to hold my attention throughout.My favorite thing about this novella was the strong-willed character of Felicity.
Marilyn
Apr 19, 2012 Marilyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first e-book. Very fun, sweet book, with an easy plot to follow. Just the right thing for a couple of hours reading on a rainy day. Kate Noble is witty and smaart in her writing. I always enjoy them. Can't think of better way to spend $2.99
Julie
A little bit of fluff over an unfortunate mix up over a revealing silver dress that brings together a gentleman and his younger ward and the discovery that perhaps they're meant for one another. Some poignant moments, I liked it.

3.5/5
Nish
Jul 18, 2015 Nish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first Kate Noble read and it was great. I really enjoyed this novella and will definitely be reading more of her books!
Laylah
Short and formulaic. Nothing spectacular. Nothing bad. Good for passing time if you don't have anything better to do.
Beno
Sep 19, 2015 Beno rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strangely best book in the series. I kind of loved it.
Samie Kauchis
Jul 04, 2013 Samie Kauchis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better Novella's I've read in my time... Usually I'm not a fan of them, but this one flowed nicely and was a quaint little addition to the Blue Raven series of books. :)
Dana
May 07, 2014 Dana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story, interesting characters... a bit on the short side, but that explains why Kobo had it at the low cost. I think these characters would hold up well in a longer book.
Cely R Bush
Oct 01, 2016 Cely R Bush rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good characters

Short but cute story. Loved the main characters. Funny moments. Can't wait to read more stories from this author. Thanks
P.
Jan 09, 2015 P. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Started out just fine, then fell apart.
Michelle Kaye
Apr 28, 2014 Michelle Kaye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this novella, and in fact it was a re-read (all the way through).
Huong
Feb 27, 2013 Huong rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Didn't feel much of a connection with the characters/romance.
Sandra R
Oct 21, 2013 Sandra R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. Just the right amount of romance and I loved the interaction between the h/h.
Brendle
Brendle rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2012
Ginny
Ginny rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2012
Devon C.
Devon C. rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2016
Soph
Soph rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Carol
Carol rated it it was ok
Sep 12, 2016
Kat
Kat rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2014
Ash
Ash rated it did not like it
Apr 08, 2012
Sukanya
Sukanya rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 14, 2017 12:09PM
  • Three Schemes and a Scandal (The Writing Girls, #3.5)
  • How to Build the Perfect Rake
  • Surprising Lord Jack (Duchess of Love, #2)
  • One Moonlit Night (Moonlight Square, #0.5)
  • The Rake and the Wallflower
  • His Lordship's Vow
  • A Regency Invitation To The House Party Of The Season
  • An Improper Arrangement (The Little Season, #1)
  • The Millionaire Rogue (The Hope Diamond Trilogy, #2)
  • Seven Nights to Forever
  • Captain Durant's Countess (The London List, #2)
  • Sweet Summer Kisses
  • Bride of Falcon (A Waltz with a Rogue Novella)
  • Lessons in Love (Love, #7)
  • An Angel for the Earl
  • Christmas Brides
  • Rockwell's Lady
  • Rules for a Lady
aka
Kate Rorick

Kate Noble is the national bestselling, RITA-nominated author of historical romances, including the acclaimed Blue Raven series and the Winner Takes All series. Her books have earned her numerous accolades, including comparisons to Jane Austen, which just makes her giddy.
In her other life as Kate Rorick, she is an Emmy-award winning writer of television and web series, having writte
More about Kate Noble...

The Blue Raven (6 books)
  • Revealed (The Blue Raven, #1)
  • The Summer of You (The Blue Raven, #2)
  • Follow My Lead (The Blue Raven, #3)
  • If I Fall (The Blue Raven, #4)
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)