Blank-133x176
Irish Rebel

Nora Roberts

Irish Rebel (Irish Hearts #3)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  4,652 ratings  ·  67 reviews
The third book in the Irish Legacy Trilogy from #1 "New York Times" bestselling author Nora Roberts.
AVAILABLE DIGITALLY FOR THE FIRST TIME.
Growing up on her parents' Royal Meadows farm in Maryland instilled in Keeley Grant a passion for horses--and a desire to teach children the joys of riding. When horse trainer Brian Donnelly arrives from Ireland to work at the stable,...more
ebook
Published July 1st 2012 by Intermix (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Irish Rebel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Irish Rebel

Cyrisse
Oct 22, 2008 Cyrisse rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romanc readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
This is one of the best stories that I have read by Nora Roberts. It carries on where she left off in her two previous stories Irish Rose and Irish Thoroughbred. When I read the previous books in the Irish Hearts series I was so attached to the characters. They are so alive and vivid when you read Nora's words. When I read a Nora Roberts book I feel like I am part of the family, she writes in so much detail that you can see the characters and scenes like you are right there in the middle of it....more
Inés Izal
Tercer, y último libro de la saga Corazones Irlandeses.
¡Voy a echar de menos a los Grant!
Una familia muy peculiar, irlandeses de corazón y orgullosos a más no poder.
Ha sido agradable leer sobre el mundo de los caballos.
Recomendado 100%.
Cait
Aurian Booklover
Another old romance by Nora Roberts, the third and last book in this first series ever. And even though the ingredients are the same, an Irish person coming to America to work, racehorses and love, it was still very different. I loved catching up with the previous characters, in fact, our heroine is the oldest daughter of the first couple, Travis and Dee.

Brian Donnelly has been asked by Travis Grant to come to America to be his new head trainer of his famous racehorses. Paddy is getting old, an...more
Maria
Hands down, Nora Roberts is one of my favorite authors ever. I love the way she so easily describes her characters and the setting in such detail without making the story drag. Irish Rebel is no different. Roberts paints a beautiful picture of an Irish horse trainer who is hired to work for a racehorse farm in Maryland. He comes from a relatively poor background but knows what it is to work hard and earn his keep. On the first day, he meets the owner's oldest daughter and tries to peg her as a s...more
Duncan Mandel
The third book in the Irish Legacy Trilogy from #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. AVAILABLE DIGITALLY FOR THE FIRST TIME. Growing up on her parents’ Royal Meadows farm in Maryland instilled in Keeley Grant a passion for horses—and a desire to teach children the joys of riding. When horse trainer Brian Donnelly arrives from Ireland to work at the stable, he only sees Keeley as the boss’s daughter—a spoiled princess who never had to work hard for anything. But the more Brian learn...more
destinugrainy
rish Rebel adalah buku ketiga dari serial Irish Heart karya Nora Roberts. Masih seputar imigran dari Irlandia yang datang mengadu nasib (dan cinta) di Amerika. Kalau di Irish Throughbred kita mengenal Adelia dan Travis, maka di Irish Rebel kita bertemu dengan putri tertuanya, Keeley Grant. Keeley tumbuh menjadi gadis yang mandiri dan mempunyai ambisi seperti ibunya. Dia mendirikan sekolah khusus bagi anak-anak yang ingin mengenal olahraga berkuda lebih dekat. Dengan kesibukannya, tidak ada waktu...more
Heather
how can love truly develop in such a short book? i mean nora is legendary for love in her stories that happens extremely quickly.one word for her characters-fast.but this is taking things to the extreme.
nora always writes like this-"there were 5 children,he knew-had made it his business to know."
they're like fragments.its annoying.
"she wore something floaty and blue,paler,shades paler than her eyes." thats a weird sentence.
nora has a tendency to write characters that arent very likeable. and al...more
Cyndy Aleo
If there is one thing I love about authors, it's when they go back and mine previous works for some great characters. Nora Roberts' first book, Irish Thoroughbred introduced readers to Travis and Dee Grant, and the world of horse racing and breeding. This first book was re-released in a two-book volume called Irish Hearts, which also contained Irish Rose, the story of Dee's cousin Erin. Roberts sets Irish Rebel in the same place, featuring the oldest daughter of Travis and Dee, Keeley.

::: Yet An...more
L.A. Zoe
This is a sequel to her first book, Irish Thoroughbred. It's a well-done category romance done for Harlequin/Silhouette.

She told Adelia and Travis's love story in that first book. Now, it's twenty+ years later, and they have five children. They still operate the ranch, and their children are born to horses.

Their eldest daughter, Keely, earned a silver medal in riding competition. Now she operates a school to teach children.

Uncle Paddy, who I assume was in the first book, is now retirement age, a...more
D. Ashell
Keely Grant's father owns a horse breeding farm in Maryland. Brian Donnelly is a sexy Irishman who has a way with horses. He worked his way up from nothing and has travelled the world working for some the racing circuits most successful breeders and trainers. He has a chip on his shoulder about rich people who treat horses as a hobby and beautiful, spoiled society princesses like (he thinks) Keely Grant. Despite that, he is bowled over by Keely's beauty and fights an attraction to a woman he see...more
Lizbeth
Super linda. Rosa rosaaaa.... ajaja!
Me gustò mucho. Mucho mas acorde a la época.
Keely más fuerte... segura...decidida.
Brian no me encantò como Travis, pero lindo.
Por mucho, se me hizo la mejor.
Gracias a esta trilogía se me antojo seguir leyendo a Nora Roberts. Y también se me hizo padre el mundo de los caballos. EstÁn lindas estas noveLas y salen un poco de todo el royo tan erotizado. Mas romanticonas.

Bueno y el plus de las protagonistas pelirrojas... que buena falta hacen... jiji.
Lizabeth Tucker
This is the third entry in the Irish Hearts series. The hero and heroine of Irish Thoroughbred, Travis & Adelia Grant, are now watching their eldest daughter, Keely, find a man she could love. But Brian Donnelly has a clear Irish view of class and doesn't believe a trainer, particularly one who prefers to travel light and often, has any business getting seriously involved with the boss' daughter. Both are stubborn, but Keely isn't used to losing.

I've made no secret of the fact that I love No...more
Beverly
I love Nora Roberts! I could read only her with no problem at all. Irish Rebel was no exception. It was simply a lovely romance, with horses (one of my favorite animals) thrown in. This one happened to be like living my dream life. It's what I imagined when I was a little girl, minus falling in love with a man, as I would only love the horses. LOL!! I was such a tomboy. This was my pick to honor St. Patrick's Day.
Bridget
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath...more
Karen
I admit that I am not a Chick Lit fan, nor an ardent Romance fan. I enjoy those books, but can only take so much ooh-la-la. Irish Rebel is another book in a Nora Roberts' series featuring handsome and intense Irishmen and lovely and independent Irishwomen. (I would add the word "smart" to the description for both genders, but paper bags would not show even a wrinkle after the two tried to fight their ways out--in many situations.) This book picks up in America at the Previous books' hero's and h...more
Nabila Amr
Ein wunderschöner dritter Teil zu der Serie Irische Herzen bzw. Irische Träume. Nora Roberts schafft es wie immer mit einer einfachen Geschichten einen an das Buch zu fesseln und die Geschichte Ihrer Protagonisten mit zu erleben. Auch die Protagonisten aus den ersten beiden Bänden tauchen hier wieder auf. Für nette und entspannte Abende sehr zu empfehlen.
Sabrina Wise
Quick read, cute story. Didn't realize that it was the third in a series, so it will be interesting to read the beginning ones now.
Shelly
this is the 3rd book of irish heart series that I read. like the whole stories from the Grant and Logan family. esp. the first one about Travis and Dee. This story begins about 20 years after thefirst and 2nd book. Remember keeley grant the oldest daughter from Travis and Dee. in the beginning, she's an ice princess. but she melted in the hand of Brian. The difference status between the two of them can't stop the beginning of love... Once the pursuer, he became the one that had to be pursued...

e...more
Sonja
Classic Nora Roberts. Great characters with depth, nice story (though not too exciting), romantic setting, wonderful dialogue. She's a wonderful story-teller and I was drawn in as usual! Nora Roberts doesn't need to write about highway robbery or murder or dark family secrets. She takes life, makes it seem like something that could happen to you, then somehow makes it so much better and nicer and lovelier without you noticing. I found myself falling in love with the characters as they fell in lo...more
Rose Munevar
I don't really read romance, but I've heard so much about Nora Roberts that I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. It took me forever to read because it was so cliche- I finally just finished it because I wanted to review it. Overall though, I would try another novel by the author before making a judgment on her as a writer because it was well-written. I gave it three stars because the female protagonist was annoying to me- rich, entitled, and pushy. The male character had little personali...more
Traci
The best out of the three in the series.
Katy
"I'll never understand why women are so sentimental over posies." Sso states Brian Donnelly, the Irish horse trainer hired by the wealthy Grant family. And, in typical NR romance fashion, Brian and Keely Grant, daughter who happens to be a owner of riding school, fall in love. It was a pleasurable and easy to read novel. NR ought to have more her male love interests giving "posies" to their women.
Judy
Although Nora Roberts' earlier books are somewhat predictable, I still enjoy them. If it is light, easy reading with likable characters and flowing dialogue that you like, you can't miss with Nora Roberts. She writes with wit and humor and I am never disappointed with her books. She incorporates her love of Ireland in many of her books and the Irish Hearts trilogy is no exception.
Janet
I liked it but I preferred Irish thoroughbred which was a story about her parents Adelia and Travis.

this story had the requirements but I felt it lack heart maybe, it lacked something but I cannot put my finger on it at the moment or I might be over critical at the moment because I really enjoy her books and I found it enjoyable but intriguing as I usually do.
Tania Martins
Dos 3 livros da Saga este foi o que mais gostei! Gostei do Brian apesar de ter achado a ideia da princesa herdeira meio rebuscada, gostei do facto de terem explorado mais a vertente romance sem o casamento a mistura. O universo da história que é o mundo das corridas de cavalos não me diz grande coisa. Leu-se bem mas não fiquei apaixonada!
Kathy Schwartz
Nora Roberts' romance novels are very predictable; however, when I'm in the mood for some light reading with a happy ending that is a good thing. I enjoy her female characters because they are likeable, strong, independent women who can fall in love without compromising their own ambitions.
Amber
I absolutly loved this book.You get to see the sustained love of Keely's parents you read about in the first book and fall in love with a brand new couple. I connected on so many levels to Keely (except unfortuatly being monetarily rich) I will probally pick this one up again.
Dannielle R
My first Nora Roberts novel! It was a sweet tale, and I enjoyed the writing a lot. It flowed nicely and the storyline wasn't cheesy at all. I may go and read Irish Hearts, but I don't feel like I need to. All in all, it was nice, enjoyable read. Sweet and fiery.
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Taken by Sin (Demon Hunters, #4)
  • Sean's Reckoning
  • After Midnight
  • Irish Cream (Nuala Anne McGrail, #8)
  • Lady's Choice
  • The Sheik and the Bought Bride (Desert Rogues, #13) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1999)
  • Silent Night  (includes In Death, #7.5)
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (Silhouette Desire #1778) (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Rock My World (The Wrong Bed) (Harlequin Blaze #215)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...

“Once you considered failure you were one step farther away from success.” 9 likes
“She'd already accepted that she loved him, hadn't she? And it had been easy, a simple process of steps and study. Her mind was amde up, her goals set. Damn it, she'd been pleased by the whole business.
So what was this shaky, dizzy, painful sensation, this clutch of panic that made her want to turn her mount sharply around and ride as far away as possible?
She'd been wrong, Keeyley realized as she pressed an unsteady hand to her jumpy heart.She'd only been falling in love up to now.How foolish of her to be lulled by the smooth slide of it.This was the moment, she understood that now. This was the moment the bottom dropped away and sent her crashing.
Now the wind was knocked out of her, that same shock of sensation that came from losing your seat over a jump and findng yourself flipping through space until the ground reached up and smacked into you. Jolting bones and head and heart.
Love was an outrageous shock to the system, she thought. It was a wonder anyone survived it.
She was a Grant, Keeley reminded herself and straightened in the saddle. She knew how to take a tumble, jsut as she knew how to pick herself back up and focus mind and energy on the goal. She wouldn't just survive this knock to the heart.She'd thrive on it.And when she was done with Brian Donnelly, he wouldn't know what had hit him.”
6 likes