Start by marking “Courting Catherine” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Courting Catherine

Nora Roberts

Courting Catherine (The Calhouns #1)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  1,884 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Available digitally for the first time.
The first Calhoun romance from "America's favorite writer" ("The New Yorker").
Catherine "C.C." Calhoun isn't about to let anyone take away the Towers--her family's crumbling mansion--especially not handsome hotel magnate Trenton St. James. As far as Trent is concerned, his dealings with C.C. should be strictly business. But soon, C.
ebook
Published July 1st 2012 by Portfolio (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Courting Catherine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courting Catherine

Kajol
It didn't have a unique idea, or a daydream of a perfect love story, but the words that were written were as beautiful as any pearls I might have found in the jewels of creativity.

Courting Catherine is a wonderful book that I fell in love with as I turned one page after the other. I loved the concept which was a really amazing one, bringing two different souls together and adding blessings of the spirits of their loved ones who may no longer be alive but still had the enchanting power trapped
Jaime
This was one of NR’s Harlequin Silhouette series, so it’s pretty much straight romance. There is a thread of a mystery which is carried through the entire series… What happened to make Bianca (their great-grandmother) kill herself, and where is her famous emerald necklace?… but really the focus of this novel is the relationship between C.C. and Trent. The one thing NR always does so well is create characters that feel so real, they could walk in your front door at any moment. Here she hasn’t cre ...more
Rita Kayla
Well, as always, it's another Nora Roberts' book that I liked. Nice romance, great plot and a sweet mystery that reunites two people who live in different worlds.
Catherine Calhoun is a mechanic. Well, where else a woman could be a mechanic and still be a woman? (If you know what I mean).
No matter what some people might say, I am very pleased with the "temper" of the Calhouns' women. It is kind of refreshing and original.
This book is easily enjoyable and well once you read it, you will definetely
Maren
In dem ersten Teil, dieser Serie geht es um Trent. Er ist Luxusimmobilienmakler im Hotelgewerbe. Er wird auf eine kleine Insel geschickt, weil es dort ein Gebäude gibt, welches er kaufen und zu einem Hotel umfunktionieren soll. Als er in dem Ort ankommt, geht sein Auto kaputt. Er wird abgeschleppt und zu der Werkstatt von C.C. Calhoun geschickt. Wie sich später rausstellt ist sie eine der Bewohnerinnen von dem Haus, welches Trent kaufen soll. Wie man sich vorstellen kann, gefällt es C.C. überhau ...more
Rie_dominique

Trenton St.James mendatangi Bar Hampton untuk melihat sebuat properti yang hendak dijadikannya sebagai lokasi terbaru hotel St.James. Properti tersebut adalah sebuah manor yang merupakan landmark kota tersebut dan dimiliki oleh keluarga Calhoun yang terdiri dari empat orang gadis dan seorang bibi yang romantis. Dan mereka semua menolak menjual rumah tersebut kepada Trenton.

Ketika sampai di Bar Hampton mobil Trent mogok dan dibawa ke bengkel C.C. Yang tidak diketahuinya adalah C.C merupakan gadis
Duncan Mandel

Mechanic Catherine "C.C." Calhoun and hotel magnate Trenton St. James mix like axle grease and mineral water - until they kiss. Efficient Amanda Calhoun finds easygoing Sloan O'Riley insufferable - and irresistible. And they both must race to solve the generations old mystery surrounding a hidden emerald necklace.

Diane
Originally published in 1991, this Harlequin is a sweet romance, with a few fiery kisses but nothing more. There really isn't space for more, since it's a category romance that introduces a series (the Calhouns) and has to set up the backstory, round out five major and three minor characters, and spin a subplot with an additional three characters. In this volley, C.C., or Catherine Colleen Calhoun, is a 23-year-old auto mechanic who owns her own shop and lives with her three sisters, an aunt, a ...more
Darling Fidzman
I actually read Suzanna an Megan story first few months back. So I'm please to find this book and it was a good read, pun intended.
Ayu Wirdha
Suka dgn Catherine yg ga gampang melted dgn Trent walaupun menurut saya terlalu cepat Catherine jatuh cinta-nya.
Chi-Chi
Old school Nora, didn't disappoint! :)
Meera
Tis the month of romance, after all :)
Dawn ♥ romance
A nice story with a fine plot and action but nothing real exciting and after awhile I started to dislike the hero who seemed to be rubbing the heroine's nose in her unrequited love. Business tycoon Trent comes to town to buy C.C.'s home and is surprised when he finds she's the mechanic fixing his car.
Sophie
Catherine is such a head strong girl who is perfectly capably of taking car of herself. When Trent shows up wanting to take her home and turn it into a hotel is hates him automatically. What she didn't know was that that hate would grow to love. As the saying goes 'There's a thin line between love and hate.'
Maria
The hotel tycoon from the city meets country car repair girl and love ignites. An easy to read, sometimes exciting book. I really like the way Nora Roberts entwine a treasure hunt story in the love story.
And I love the feeling that when this book ends, the story will continue in four more!
Sandra
Não é muito normal eu gostar assim tanto dos livros da harlequin, normalmente por causa da rapidez dos acontecimentos, alterações bruscas e finais antecipados.

Mas os livrinhos desta saga são mesmo bons!

Mal posso esperar para continuar a deslindar os mistérios da família Calhoun
Marianne
Typical Nora. Part romance, part mystery, part suspense and part family saga. I always enjoy the worlds that she creates. Her imagery is very vivid and her characters relate-able. It's easy to get immersed into the world of the Calhouns.
Rachel
This was a good story not one of Nora's best, but then it is a triology and they are never the best.

I really liked this sisters and and background story of the emeralds. I also like how the Hero (I've forgot his name) redeemed himself.
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
It's Nora, need I say more? I liked the Calhouns. This is a new "family" series which provides a romantic fantasy life I wish I lived in. I wish my family was like this. Don't most people?
Andrea
Wow! This book was a very different Nora Roberts book. It started off the series good though. Definitely could not be a stand alone book, which is very different than what I am use to.
Sonia Cristina
Que coisa mais fofa! Adorei!! Nunca pensei que fosse tão intrigante e romântico. Adorei tudo, o casal, o romance, as irmãs e a tia, o mistério, a busca pelo colar, etc... Fantástico!
Niki
I love the books by Nora Roberts about the Calhoun women- like the rest of her books they are fun, fast and easy to read and take you away for just a few hours to another world.
Julie C-f
Easy read, characters one would love to meet and there is that bit of mystery about the home which the reader will find interesting enough to want to read the series. I know I do.
Filipa
Um primeiro livro interessante. Espero gostar da restante saga.
Para já fiquei interessada no mistério, já habitual na autora.
Heather
Classic Nora. Great combo of female friendships, paranormal fun and spicy love story! Can't wait to read the next one!
Kelly
Nov 03, 2013 Kelly marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read
Courting Catherine 12/14/01
The Calhoun Women (Calhouns #1-4) 1/4/04
The Calhouns: Catherine, Amanda & Lilah 5/14/06
Raven25
just completed dis book...it was a good book , if ur looking for a sweet time-pass-kinda-book..anyways i enjoyed it..
Cate Teideman
This was a fun, easy read. Lovely characters, that could have done with more depth. Good story line at a nice pace.
Abegail
I love the way Catherine knows if an engines in trouble just by the way it sounds. I wish I was that talented.
Sarah S
A soft spot for tall heroines didn't stop annoyance that she fell fast for the hero. Spin-offs improve?
Hope
Quick read. Pretty predictable but was enjoyable.
  • Sean's Reckoning
  • Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)
  • Wanting Something More (Stepp Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • The Sheik and the Pregnant Bride (Desert Rogues, #12) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1885)
  • The Irish Devil (Devil, #1)
  • At Wicks End (A Candlemaking Mystery, #1)
  • Taken in Death (in Death, #37.5)
  • The Matchmaker (Once Upon A Time, #6)
  • A Callahan Carol
  • Overload
  • Buffalo Valley (Dakota, #4)
  • Lake Magic
  • Fanta C (Mason Sisters #1)
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3855)
  • Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel)
  • Nocturnal
  • Dearest Traitor (Harlequin Presents)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

“Falling in love has nothing to do with time. It can take a year, or an instant. It happens when its ready to happen.” 10 likes