Start by marking “A Sweethaven Homecoming” as Want to Read:
A Sweethaven Homecoming

A Sweethaven Homecoming (Sweethaven Circle #2)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  311 ratings  ·  38 reviews
An autumn surprise brings an old friend back to Sweethaven... The Sweethaven Circle is back-and so is the friend they thought they'd never see again! Country music star Meghan Rhodes has moved on with her life, leaving Sweethaven and its painful memories in the past. But when she is confronted on national television with her ex-husband's plan to file for sole custody of th ...more
Unknown Binding, 338 pages
Published July 1st 2012 by GuidepostsBooks

To ask other readers questions about A Sweethaven Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Sweethaven Homecoming

Casey
In the second “Sweethaven” novel, we’ve again picked up with these beloved new characters from “A Sweethaven Summer”.

What I love so much about this novel (and it’s prequel) is while the story lines focuses primarily on one main character (in this case, Megan) there is much to be loved and deepened in the lives of the other members of “The Circle.” Each of these women bring something to the story that not only impacts their lives, but the lives of their friends and their community. It’s a tightl
Michelle Woods
Title: A Sweethaven Homecoming
Pages: 324
Year: 2012
Publisher: Guideposts

This story follows four women as they find themselves going back home to Sweethaven for the summer. Each has a different hurdle to overcome, someone they must forgive and someone they must love.

“After Campbell’s mother died and she found an old scrapbook full of memories about a place called Sweethaven, she had hopped in the car and headed to Sweethaven on a hunt to find her father. What she found was a
Martha
I enjoyed this book, but I felt the author sort of dragged it out in places. Maybe people are just that slow in actually making decisions, but I wanted it to move on a bit quicker! That being said, it talked and taught a lot about what it means to really forgive others and yourself, and how to move on from old pains or mistakes. The one line I will keep with me is the one, "How can you move forward when you are always looking back?" Great thing to remember. We all have baggage as do all the main ...more
Mariah Claire
I absolutely loved this book! I love that I can enjoy a beautifully written and original story, and also learn important truths about God!
I tried my best when reading to soak in as much as I could from this story. I love the way she writes and shows us different perspectives. I feel like I know the characters personally.
I can't put into words how much I liked it. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.
Amanda
Really didn't love this book as much as the first in the series. The first one was a quick, easy and fun read. This one was super religious and very long when it didn't need to be. I liked the actual story, but would have enjoyed the book as a whole a lot more had it not been so religion focused.
Victor Gentile
Courtney Walsh in her new book “A Sweethaven Homecoming” Book Two in The Sweethaven Series published by Guideposts brings us back into the lives of four women in the town of Sweethaven, Michigan.

From the back cover: The Sweethaven Circle is back — and so is a friend they thought they’d never see again!

Country singer Meghan Rhodes has moved on with her life, leaving Sweethaven and its painful memories in the past. Not even a card from a dying childhood friend could make her return. But when she’s
Title: A SWEETHAVEN HOMECOMING
Publisher: Guideposts/Summerside Press
August 2012
ISBN: 978-0-8249-3171-1
Genre: Women’s fiction

Meghan Rhodes has left backwoods Sweethaven, Michigan, for good. She is a famous country singer, in Nashville, Tennessee, and she doesn’t have time for anything that reminds her of her old life—not even her ex-husband, Nick, or her two twins.

At least not until Nick sues her for full-custody of the twins—at a time when Meghan had a big record deal rel
My Book Addiction and More MBA
A SWEETHAVEN HOMNECOMING by Courtney Walsh is a sweet,uplifting christian contemporary romance set in Sweethaven.It is book #2 in "The Sweethaven Circle",and can be read as a stand alone. While, I did not read the first "A Sweethaven Summer",I had no trouble following these interesting and engaging characters or the plot. You met Jane,Lila,Adele and Campbell in "A Sweethaven Summer" and they reappear in this title,while adding the charming Meghan. Meghan, left Sweethaven to follow a dream. She m ...more
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
It's often funny how at times the things we have done in our pasts, our mistakes, bad decisions, no matter how far removed we think we are from them can come back at the worst possible moments and that is how Meghan Rhodes felt as the was being interviewed on the Shandy Shore show. When people become guests, all questions are supposed to be pre-approved to avoid any type of shock and awe moments, but that is exactly what happened to Meghan. One minute she's thinking she's about to be briefly int ...more
Lisa Johnson
Title: A Sweethaven Homecoming
Pages: 324
Year: 2012
Publisher: Guideposts
Note: I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book. The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility. Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspo... . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988
What a great book! Courtney Walsh has done a fantastic job of telling the story of five friends and the summer they spend in the small town of Sweethaven. T
Andi Newberry ~Tubbs
I loved Sweethaven Summer it made my top list last year, you can read my review here. http://frommipov.blogspot.com/2012/02... I was so glad to see Courtney write a sequel to it. Reading Sweethaven Homecoming was like getting together with your best girlfriends for dinner.
With all of the friends coming back to Sweethaven and Suzanne's daughter Campbell returning they have a lot to work through. Working on the scrapbook pages seems to be the catalyst to bring the healing.
Liz
Perfect for a light-hearted fluff book. Read it when life was hectic & enjoyed the series.
Amy
I had this book in my to be read pile for a long time. I kept putting it off because it isn't my usual genre that I read and figured I probably wouldn't like it. Boy, was I wrong! I absolutely loved it. What a great read! I regret that I didn't pick it up sooner. I'm looking forward to reading the first book in the series to see what happened before this one.
I highly recommend A Sweethaven Homecoming.
This was another great read by Courtney Walsh! I am loving this series. In her second Sweethaven book Meghan returns to town, and much of the book centers around her story and on Nick. All the other characters you already met are there, though. I really enjoyed spending time with all of Sweethaven's characters and look forward to reading the last book in the series.
Chelly
Meghan has come home to fight for her kids she left 2 yrs ago; Campbell returns to pursue her relationship with Lujke and buys anart gallery in the process; Lila is trying to get over her feelings of betrayal by Tom. How will it all end? Readthe bookk to find out its never too late for a new beginning or forgiveness. Cant wait for the next installment.
Leslie

This book is excellent! I love Courtney's writing style. The way she touches not just on friendships, but all relationships. Really makes you think & be grateful for all blessings God gives us. I'm so thankful to have been able to read such fabulous books such as the Sweethaven series! I can't wait for thenext one!
Becky Carothers
GREAT SEQUEL........I didn't want this book to end. Again the characters from Sweethaven Summer come back and you get to know more about this wonderful circle of friends and how God is with us even when we think we are all alone. Cannot wait to get the Sweethave Christmas book.
Tamara
Loved it! Now I want to get the third book. My only critical thought on this second book was the lack of story for Campbell and Luke. They were scattered in the story, though they were supposedly having conflict. That conflict seemed resolved too easily. Otherwise, very good.
Lisa
I know people keep saying that they disliked Meghan, but I really liked her story and even Lila's. There's something about Adele, Jane & Campbell that always seems false to me. Lila can be cruel and Meghan is working on her selfishness, but at least they're honest.
Hetty

Was good to find out where the characters landed up after book one. I enjoyed and could relate to the scrapbook theme and think it would be neat to have a group of close friends like the Sweethaven girls did to get together with!
Tammy
More like a 3.5. It moved rather slowly and very predictable. But I liked the characters (mostly) and the setting. :)
Kim Harrington
I read this book on the beach and I really enjoyed it. The characters were likeable and it kept my interest and Im looking forward to reading the next one. This book will also interest scrapbookers.
Linda  Van Wert
Good book and an easy read. I read the first book in the series, also. I really enjoyed getting to know all the characters in both books. I am going to download the third book and read it next!
Kelly
Loved this 2nd book in the Sweethaven Series!! Hope there is more to come. Would love to know what happens with Lila and Campbell.
Virginia
Wow, a real let down from how much I liked the first book in series. Ended up scimming a lot to just find out what happened.
Teri Rainey
I couldn't put this down wanting to know how it was going to end. I cant wait for the Christmas one.
Raquel

This books was as good as the first if not better!! I couldn't put it down read it in24 hours!
Kim
Great sequel with beautifully developed characters. Love the small town that Walsh has created.
Mel
A little more predictable than the first book, but just as lovely. Such a good story!
Absolutely loved this book. I'm looking forward to reading the third book in the series.
  • The Face of Heaven (Snapshots in History #2)
  • A Heart Made New (The Bliss Creek Amish #2)
  • A Wild Goose Chase Christmas
  • Pieces of the Heart (Quilts of Love #9)
  • Every Waking Moment
  • Flora's Wish (The Secret Lives of Will Tucker, #1)
  • Threads of Hope
  • Cottage by the Sea (Hideaway #3)
  • Relentless Pursuit: A Novel (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Road to Kingdom, #2)
  • Beach Rental: A Barefoot Book
  • Ray of Light (The Days of Redemption #2)
  • A Heartbeat Away
  • A Sky Without Stars
  • Katie Opens Her Heart (Emma Raber's Daughter, #1)
  • Saving Gideon (Clover Ridge, #1)
  • Be Still My Soul (The Cadence of Grace, #1)
  • Scraps of Evidence
A Sweethaven Summer A Sweethaven Christmas The Busy Scrapper: Making the Most of Your Scrapbooking Time Scrapbooking Your Faith: Layouts That Celebrate Your Spiritual Beliefs Paper Hearts